Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So , opinion time peeps- as has been well documented my life has been tuned upside down over the last six months. There it seems is still more twists to come. I've a chance of a redundancy, I earn pretty good money and would walkaway with about a years salary plus 3 months of holidays/LSL.

I also think redundancies are pretty much tax free, not of course holidays etc. Also have met someone who resides in WA and am not against a move there, have plenty of family in Perth as well.

If WA doesn't work out I'd back myself to get a job, I've a pretty rounded skill set and my major assets are cost reduction, innovation and streamlined processing without impacting on service delivery. I think in the new world those skills should be sort after.

University FM jobs of course don't grow on trees, i get 17.5% super which is also a defined benefit scheme. I also manage a team of 20 odd and are about to be in-charge of the biggest solar farm in the southern hemisphere. Would look grand on a resume I suppose.

I don't think I'll be offered a redundancy but I could talk them around fairly easily if I want it I feel.

So kind of don't really know what to do- back myself and say fu** it I'm out? Sit back and forget WA? Just be content in a well paid position without many dramas. Move to WA and miss the opportunity for a good payday etc.

Oh and would think the Perth market would have similar opportunities but I'm of course not familiar with it.

Thanks in advance .
Kicking goals either way. Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you from taking a leap of faith but it sounds like both are good options.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So , opinion time peeps- as has been well documented my life has been tuned upside down over the last six months. There it seems is still more twists to come. I've a chance of a redundancy, I earn pretty good money and would walkaway with about a years salary plus 3 months of holidays/LSL.

I also think redundancies are pretty much tax free, not of course holidays etc. Also have met someone who resides in WA and am not against a move there, have plenty of family in Perth as well.

If WA doesn't work out I'd back myself to get a job, I've a pretty rounded skill set and my major assets are cost reduction, innovation and streamlined processing without impacting on service delivery. I think in the new world those skills should be sort after.

University FM jobs of course don't grow on trees, i get 17.5% super which is also a defined benefit scheme. I also manage a team of 20 odd and are about to be in-charge of the biggest solar farm in the southern hemisphere. Would look grand on a resume I suppose.

I don't think I'll be offered a redundancy but I could talk them around fairly easily if I want it I feel.

So kind of don't really know what to do- back myself and say fu** it I'm out? Sit back and forget WA? Just be content in a well paid position without many dramas. Move to WA and miss the opportunity for a good payday etc.

Oh and would think the Perth market would have similar opportunities but I'm of course not familiar with it.

Thanks in advance .

Take a chance TAO. 👍 Never know what their chomping down on in Wuhan as we speak.

Thanks in advance .
Lifetimes ago I had the choice of whether to stay in Cairns playing footy or venture off to London and wherever else took my fancy. Too many pros and cons with considerable value ..... so I flipped a coin. Heads I go, tails I stay, it landed on tails .... so I went best of 3 and heads won 🙃 3 days after playing in a losing GF I flew out :-D

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They eat wasps?

Yep cause the reason i know is they s**t out the remains on my balcony handrail.:rolleyes:

Kicking goals either way. Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you from taking a leap of faith but it sounds like both are good options.

Take a chance TAO. 👍 Never know what their chomping down on in Wuhan as we speak.

Lifetimes ago I had the choice of whether to stay in Cairns playing footy or venture off to London and wherever else took my fancy. Too many pros and cons with considerable value ..... so I flipped a coin. Heads I go, tails I stay, it landed on tails .... so I went best of 3 and heads won 🙃 3 days after playing in a losing GF I flew out :-D

Thanks dudes, I'm a risk taker and have always backed myself in. Just sometimes you get a bit twitchy and it's one of those times. I've been giving this a lot of thought. Will know which way this is going on Thursday, I think I should jump. :grin:

Yep cause the reason i know is they s**t out the remains on my balcony handrail.:rolleyes:

Thanks dudes, I'm a risk taker and have always backed myself in. Just sometimes you get a bit twitchy and it's one of those times. I've been giving this a lot of thought. Will know which way this is going on Thursday, I think I should jump. :grin:

I have schooled plenty of "anti-vaxxers", but forcing people to have vaccines is a step too far.

There is a libertarian angle here that is more important.
Yeah completely.

A lot of that has been lost as the fear of this pandemic ramped up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Is this man actually a leader of a political party?

1589158243944.png

I know I’m being “Mr boring sensible” here but they’re, basically, just playing their role. The best they can hope for is the nudge the national discussion in a particular general direction. It would be hard to argue against the fact that they have been very successful on that score over the duration.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So they're the Sam Power of political parties?

I have schooled plenty of "anti-vaxxers", but forcing people to have vaccines is a step too far.

There is a libertarian angle here that is more important.

So you're a anti-vaxxer now.

Righto, each to their own then.

No. He's leader of the Greens, which I'm pretty sure is some sort of club for overly earnest uni students.

Yet Bandt is one of the few senior politicians to have ever had something approaching a real job , as did Di Natale before him.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well that didn't turn out near any of the scenarios I thought possible. Looks like there will be two week break before they head back to the table. It seems the majority of staff want to rip up the current EB agreement and stay with a 20% pay cut!!!

GTFOOD! ( get the f&*k out of dodge)

I aint working for less, what is wrong with some people? The international students aren't here.I'm inviting NB
1589187211722.png
to out next meeting and he can explain," here there's no internationals, no internationals here". And he can bring along his ******* mate Robbo.

I mean I get it, a 20% pay cut when you'll have no work is awesome, I'd get another job as you'd have plenty of hours that require filling. For me and my team it would be business as usual.

if they dock me 20% I'm adding ******* tax and at the highest rate, will move into semi-retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back