List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Draft Tracker
If all that is true, and with Seb coming of last season where he was basically captain, and with Gears in his twilight off little preseason, why didn't the players, nor the club, see fit to elevate Seb to the main man?
I don't think he's rated as high internally as you make out.
You say his presence as VC is proof of all things, but at 27yo and in his prime, with last year to stake his claim, they again stuck with Gears...
I think that says he's not rated.
If he was rated he'd be our captain right now, else what are they waiting for??
Why cant they just rate both of them as leaders within the club, but see Geary as a better fit for the Captaincy this season without it being a sign that Seb must not be highly respected internally.

Obviously that’s not the opinion of the club or coaches. We have already lost our best mid this year so losing your best at the end of this year makes us even worse in that position. I’m not sure it’s safe hands. Who is even ready to be captain? And going with a name out of the blue doesnt mean the side will be better. King obviously isn’t going to be captain but if he was that doesn’t mean the side will be better just as the safe option doesn’t make the side worse or the same. Better players make the side better. A worse list makes the side worse. And not that I’ve ever noticed but if his body language was so bad one why is he rated so highly as a leader by players and coaches and two why has he done so well in the b and f when we have been a very ordinary side. I don’t get it.
The poor body language critique that some have been rolling with lately comes from one person suggesting he showed frustration on the field one time when we were losing and playing poorly.

God forbid a player shows some passion or emotions regarding us playing like crap. And a guy like Seb, who is generally getting the ball despite how the rest of the side is playing and tries to make things happen, has probably earned the right to show frustration on the field.

If all that is true, and with Seb coming of last season where he was basically captain, and with Gears in his twilight off little preseason, why didn't the players, nor the club, see fit to elevate Seb to the main man?
I don't think he's rated as high internally as you make out.
You say his presence as VC is proof of all things, but at 27yo and in his prime, with last year to stake his claim, they again stuck with Gears...
I think that says he's not rated.
If he was rated he'd be our captain right now, else what are they waiting for??
I reckon he is rated the second best leader behind geary going by him being vice captain. No one is rated better apart from the captain so I will say facts say the players rate him highly. They obviously rate geary higher. They rate no one higher than Ross apart from geary so you say Seb isn’t rated that highly but your replacement whoever that is is rated below Ross

I reckon he is rated the second best leader behind geary going by him being vice captain. No one is rated better apart from the captain so I will say facts say the players rate him highly. They obviously rate geary higher. They rate no one higher than Ross apart from geary so you say Seb isn’t rated that highly but your replacement whoever that is is rated below Ross
I agree.

The poor body language critique that some have been rolling with lately comes from one person suggesting he showed frustration on the field one time when we were losing and playing poorly.

God forbid a player shows some passion or emotions regarding us playing like crap. And a guy like Seb, who is generally getting the ball despite how the rest of the side is playing and tries to make things happen, has probably earned the right to show frustration on the field.
I'm only commenting on what I've seen with my own eyes.
I dare say that some others may have seen the same.

But you're right about allowing the players to feel and show frustration, and under Richo l can bet it was a significant factor.

I hope Seb comes good under Ratts. In his case it's about taking a couple of things out of his game rather than developing something that's missing so that respect it's hopefully easier.

But I've only got past history to go on, and based on that I'd very strongly prefer that he not be the next captain.

No you don’t but that’s fine. We have different opinions about many players. For example I think hill will only be good when our midfield is actually winning or at least breaking level on the day.
No, l actually do agree.
For example, if Gears is rated an 8, and Seb a 7, and the next bloke a 6, then that's why Seb is VC and next in line, clear and simple.

Im not saying get rid of him , im just saying yes he is our best player over the last few years based on B & F results yet a lot of us dont rate him ,

Best & Fairest doesn’t always mean you get the best player , only need to see how who wins the brownlow
compared that clubs Best & Fairest because line coaches will vote for the role that player played match day.

Not saying its not deserved by the way.

For me we have lacked leadership for 6 years , we needed a more talented player on the ground more than
a great bloke in the locker room , you only need to see it the number of times we have unravelled , conceding
huge scoring against as a result of looking like rabbits in headlights.

Just my opinion.

View attachment 879994

Updated ranking from eDPS
I see that Grave Danger and Ron Barassi had a child to John Denver. That is bound to be one angry unit. Could be an inspired pick up.

If not Riley Billy Thorpe could remind us that most people we know, think that following the Saints is Crazy! Boom Boom.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best & Fairest doesn’t always mean you get the best player , only need to see how who wins the brownlow
compared that clubs Best & Fairest because line coaches will vote for the role that player played match day.

Not saying its not deserved by the way.

For me we have lacked leadership for 6 years , we needed a more talented player on the ground more than
a great bloke in the locker room , you only need to see it the number of times we have unravelled , conceding
huge scoring against as a result of looking like rabbits in headlights.

Just my opinion.
And your opinion is on the money
If our leaders are/have been so good why was Hannebury so badly needed even if he doesn't play, as many on here and a few from the club have said many times. Geary wouldn't make best 22 in a top 4 to 6 side

And your opinion is on the money
If our leaders are/have been so good why was Hannebury so badly needed even if he doesn't play, as many on here and a few from the club have said many times. Geary wouldn't make best 22 in a top 4 to 6 side
I’m not sure many have said our leaders have or are so good. I would suggest most have said that we haven’t got great leaders at all.

If as expected we finish around 12th we are in the Drew, McInnes, Bruhn, Phillips zone for our 1st rounder. All solid midfileders who are well rated and would fit well into our side.

I agree but watch O'Driscoll slide, so that we "snap him up " then find out he only plays well on the HBF.

Yeah heaven forbid someone care about their job...

Yeah its worked a treat so far , maybe we need someone from outside

I don't think that's the reason that we've failed on field.

Might as well say "those striped socks aren't working out for us " or any other random fact.

Jesus , if only it was as simple as blaming the Captain......oh....or the Coach.

If as expected we finish around 12th we are in the Drew, McInnes, Bruhn, Phillips zone for our 1st rounder. All solid midfileders who are well rated and would fit well into our side.
Perkins and Ford for mine.
Should we end up with a top 8 pick I'd %100 be offloading it to one of the clubs looking to jump in before their academy pick.

For example if it were the filth, we'd be within historical prices to take their 1st, 2nd and future 1st for say pick 7 and the two 4ths we have.
They would probably do that deal. It works well for them..

I do hope all players and staff remain well at Essendon , in light of McKenna testing positive to Covid-19. Not fully knowing yet the fate of Essendon , especially if there has been a spread through the club , I fear that they may again get a draft advantage just like they got coming out of the Supplements Saga. Just hope the AFL don’t gift pick 1 to them again. The fact they are currently undefeated proves they don’t deserve it.

Perkins and Ford for mine.
Should we end up with a top 8 pick I'd %100 be offloading it to one of the clubs looking to jump in before their academy pick.

For example if it were the filth, we'd be within historical prices to take their 1st, 2nd and future 1st for say pick 7 and the two 4ths we have.
They would probably do that deal. It works well for them..

There are actually a lot of good inside mids this year Will Phillips got a comparison to Rowell in impact. Macrae is meant to be the same as his big brother, Bruhn and Berry also inside mids of high caliber.

I do hope all players and staff remain well at Essendon , in light of McKenna testing positive to Covid-19. Not fully knowing yet the fate of Essendon , especially if there has been a spread through the club , I fear that they may again get a draft advantage just like they got coming out of the Supplements Saga. Just hope the AFL don’t gift pick 1 to them again. The fact they are currently undefeated proves they don’t deserve it.

Carlton and Collingwood are likely to be the beneficiaries of playing the Bombers without it’s entire best 22 backline.

There are actually a lot of good inside mids this year Will Phillips got a comparison to Rowell in impact. Macrae is meant to be the same as his big brother, Bruhn and Berry also inside mids of high caliber.

So if we'd had a second round pick we might have been able to get 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back