Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the remaining 90% are you willing to destroy to show China how much the 10% upset you?

Put a figure on it in terms of unemployed.

If we kill 300 000 jobs in a trade war with China, is that enough to show them who is boss? 400 000.

Or do we go really hardball. 500 000. China will really get the message then.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

The contradictions are strong with this one.

Do both Perth teams have to agree to be in the same hub location / city together? Or could Freo go to say SEQLD and WC could go to Melb?
Are Melbourne borders open to interstate travel. Or is this coming?
If they are hitting up Qld they will, you would assume, all need flu shots.
‘I think they would be in the same hub so they can play other teams in that pool of teams.

Surely if a player tests positive for COVID-19 during these tests it'll have zero impact on the season and that player will just go into quarantine for 14 days ? The players haven't been mingling at all so it shouldn't hinder the return to footy start I wouldn't have thought.

Surely if a player tests positive for COVID-19 during these tests it'll have zero impact on the season and that player will just go into quarantine for 14 days ? The players haven't been mingling at all so it shouldn't hinder the return to footy start I wouldn't have thought.
What happens if a Crows player tests positive for covid-19? as they for sure have been mingling

What happens if a Crows player tests positive for covid-19? as they for sure have been mingling
Just like the Melbourne players have rumoured to be as well... or would Bernie Vince not know much about his former club? M I’m sure those pesky Crows players who were doing non contact training spread it like wildfire around the resort.

Just like the Melbourne players have rumoured to be as well... or would Bernie Vince not know much about his former club? M I’m sure those pesky Crows players who were doing non contact training spread it like wildfire around the resort.
Read and weep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, had nothing to do with my previous post, but anyway...

I think the health officer is indicating that some Crows players and coaching staff are not very intelligent.
Then again as past history shows us to don't have to be intelligent to play Football and it shows.

Ok, had nothing to do with my previous post, but anyway...

Surely we Crows posters should know better than to take our news from unsubstantiated twitter posts?

How many days ago was it now that a bunch of AFL journalists were saying we were going to be stripped of picks?

Nothing on AFL.com or The Age

Matthew Pavlich mentioned it on Ch9 news here, the June 11th start date is still dependent on all teams being able to start full training next Monday though.

That's a rather rushed return with limited training I think, I reckon they should probably be looking more at June 18 or so.

If they start full training on Monday that will give them at least 3 weeks of training before the season starts on June 11th which is the same amount of training NRL teams will get before they start on the 28th May. Starting on June 11th also allows for the AFL season to be finished before the end of October so it makes sense.

Did I hear right that the SA government is only allowing training in groups of 10 and mandatory 14 day quarantine?

Did I hear right that the SA government is only allowing training in groups of 10 and mandatory 14 day quarantine?
Yep, groups of 10 will be in place until June 8, in line with Stage 2.

I would be very surprised if our borders are not open by July in line with the Federal recommendations for Stage 3, so can only see our clubs having to play outside the state for the first two rounds upon resumption.

When they let 3 million of their citizens leave Wuhan but lockdown Beijing and Shanghai, you sure as hell know it was actually in fact CHINESE who spread the virus. That’s not some conspiracy, it’s what happened.

I was in Shanghai during the peak (mid January to early February)...

From personal experience there was no lock down in Shanghai until the second week of February at least

Saying it was never going to be contained no matter where it originated is giving the CCP an out that they don't deserve.

Facts don't care about your feelings. I'll listen to the epidemiologists. With a 6-14 day incubation period, high R0 and asymptomatic transmission, if the virus emerged in Taiwan, it would likely have been outside it's borders before anyone knew about it. From there, it's really how other countries responded to the virus within their own borders. And we've seen how that played out.

In Australia we were going to have a Grand Prix in March, right up until the day of the race; and people were still calling it a bad flu. In the UK they were talking about herd immunity in March. In the US Trump has repeated many times with only a handful of cases, what was there for him to do all through February. In all those countries wearing masks was discouraged and people weren't distancing.

Taiwan have done a great job, but what their results show is how other countries and their citizens could have had better results had they taken the threat more seriously earlier than they did. They are literally the counter argument to the claim that China are responsible for the global death toll and all the trouble taking place inside the borders of other countries, not the example of how they are.

And FWIW the first confirmed case in Taiwan was after the WHO confirmed H2H transmission and around the same time as the first case in the US.

So 10000 deaths is ok but 20000 isn't?
It's hypocritical to put up these graphs showing the increase in deaths and arguing in favour of action so extreme as to destroy economies and jobs for a virus and accept the existing death rate for another virus.

There is another study estimating up to 750 suicides out of the impact of this corona virus on people's lives...7 times the current death toll of the corona virus...but that's ok isn't it?
What would you prefer - 100 deaths due to coronavirus and 750 suicide deaths related to the reaction to coronavirus, or 0 suicide deaths and 10000 coronavirus deaths?

Facts don't care about your feelings. I'll listen to the epidemiologists. With a 6-14 day incubation period, high R0 and asymptomatic transmission, if the virus emerged in Taiwan, it would likely have been outside it's borders before anyone knew about it. From there, it's really how other countries responded to the virus within their own borders. And we've seen how that played out.

In Australia we were going to have a Grand Prix in March, right up until the day of the race; and people were still calling it a bad flu. In the UK they were talking about herd immunity in March. In the US Trump has repeated many times with only a handful of cases, what was there for him to do all through February. In all those countries wearing masks was discouraged and people weren't distancing.

Taiwan have done a great job, but what their results show is how other countries and their citizens could have had better results had they taken the threat more seriously earlier than they did. They are literally the counter argument to the claim that China are responsible for the global death toll and all the trouble taking place inside the borders of other countries, not the example of how they are.

And FWIW the first confirmed case in Taiwan was after the WHO confirmed H2H transmission and around the same time as the first case in the US.
So you are saying if the CCP didn't hide this from mid-November and actually report how serious and deadly this illness was hundreds of thousands of people wouldn't have lost their lives through countries believing it wasn't that big of a deal thanks to the miss information out of china.

I agree 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back