Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

crow77

Debutant
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where that rectangular clump of dirt is to the south of MVHS,If you got off bus out front of deli and walked North towards MVHS there was a gravel bike path and you could cut thru Stanvac Primary,from memory there wernt many trees around,quite open.
Where the RED line starts is out front of shops on Acre Ave.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514-172129_Samsung capture.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514-172129_Samsung capture.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Where the RED line starts is out front of shops on Acre Ave.

If you were on that short cut, from there how would you get through to the high school? & what would be a ‘possible’ short cut from walking through the high school & then onto acre ave?

Attachments

• BD89E318-1B9B-4E56-8C16-6B3BBA14EB44.png
    BD89E318-1B9B-4E56-8C16-6B3BBA14EB44.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 81

crow77

Debutant
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you were on that short cut, from there how would you get through to the high school? & what would be a ‘possible’ short cut from walking through the high school & then onto acre ave?
The primary school backed on to the High School,from memory there were no fences separating the primary/MVHS.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The primary school backed on to the High School,from memory there were no fences separating the primary/MVHS.
Is there a possibility of an older schoolie being involved?

I want to say group or duo but a secret is harder to keep within a group

ie did anyone know of her from the school area and went too far? Again the concern is any body would more than likely surface rather than remain hidden for so long

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for that! I was certain that area had changed I just 100% know id the school had then fences.

I found some interesting comments from the (ret) detective in the March 2020 article.

"At the time we established that she'd been seen at the shopping centre … that she was seen walking through the Morphett Vale school and we can only assume that she was on her way home with the cards from the shop. After that there is very, very little."

Here he recounts the last sightings were around the 12:30pm mark -walking through the high school.

This possibly is why they have discounted the Acre Ave sighting.

I would suggest she would’ve gone Sheriff’s Rd, through the schools back onto Highwray Drive, then home on Wakefield.

Also another interesting comment in the article was;

"I would have thought if she was walking down her street, Wakefield Street, into Acre Avenue, someone would have seen her positively or seen someone at least in a motor vehicle approach her or at least see something which is suspicious and might give us a call," Mr Arthur said.

There was a sighting just after 4pm of a neighbour seeing her walking DOWN Wakefield (towards O’Sullivan Beach Rd). This comment possibly suggests this was possibly the last sighting on Wakefield Ave, not Acre Ave as suggested.

The confusion is, there was nothing down that way!

crow77

Debutant
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for that! I was certain that area had changed I just 100% know id the school had then fences.

I found some interesting comments from the (ret) detective in the March 2020 article.

"At the time we established that she'd been seen at the shopping centre … that she was seen walking through the Morphett Vale school and we can only assume that she was on her way home with the cards from the shop. After that there is very, very little."

Here he recounts the last sightings were around the 12:30pm mark -walking through the high school.

This possibly is why they have discounted the Acre Ave sighting.

I would suggest she would’ve gone Sheriff’s Rd, through the schools back onto Highwray Drive, then home on Wakefield.

Also another interesting comment in the article was;

"I would have thought if she was walking down her street, Wakefield Street, into Acre Avenue, someone would have seen her positively or seen someone at least in a motor vehicle approach her or at least see something which is suspicious and might give us a call," Mr Arthur said.

There was a sighting just after 4pm of a neighbour seeing her walking DOWN Wakefield (towards O’Sullivan Beach Rd). This comment possibly suggests this was possibly the last sighting on Wakefield Ave, not Acre Ave as suggested.

The confusion is, there was nothing down that way!
I doubt any1 from school was involved,the 6 degrees of separation rings true in the area,most young people knew others that went to neighbouring schools,MV nearly like a country town back then,for example kids at my primary school were spread out over 4 high schools so the chance of some1 not hearing a rumour or murmur would have been pretty slim.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I doubt any1 from school was involved,the 6 degrees of separation rings true in the area,most young people knew others that went to neighbouring schools,MV nearly like a country town back then,for example kids at my primary school were spread out over 4 high schools so the chance of some1 not hearing a rumour or murmur would have been pretty slim.
Yeah, no doubting, I don’t think it was a school related connection either. Back then they would’ve spread to Christies, Wirreanda, cardijn?

I went way down south, but others went on to Wirreanda, cardijn etc & everyone knew everything across all schools! Even all the bad apples!

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
i
Anything bad happen at your primary school regarding teachers or headmaster? I have heard second hand from a ex police constable, regarding a teacher / headmaster suspension. I cant remember if it was stanvac or reynella sth

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
i

Anything bad happen at your primary school regarding teachers or headmaster? I have heard second hand from a ex police constable, regarding a teacher / headmaster suspension. I cant remember if it was stanvac or reynella sth
In the ABC article the principal who was RB’s was in the article saying how a good student she was. I wouldn’t imagine if he faced charges they would’ve uses him at all, but couldn’t find anything on allegations in that area.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
On this photo, would the houses marked blue circle, would they have been there?
If that was the school grounds, I imagine she would’ve cut through the reserve in front of her place then straight through to the schools, so not actually going via highwray & acre Ave.

If she returned that way (seen with the newsagents bag) she more than likely went that way too.

Attachments

• E867C8DD-FE0E-4D2B-BFFC-1D9B8D86E7BD.jpeg
    E867C8DD-FE0E-4D2B-BFFC-1D9B8D86E7BD.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 91

crow77

Debutant
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
On this photo, would the houses marked blue circle, would they have been there?
If that was the school grounds, I imagine she would’ve cut through the reserve in front of her place then straight through to the schools, so not actually going via highwray & acre Ave.

If she returned that way (seen with the newsagents bag) she more than likely went that way too.
No those houses on the right hand side of your blue line are new,You can tell by the distance between each 1,on the left they look older judging by the block size.

crow77

Debutant
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
i

Nah all reasonably normal at my primary school.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
No those houses on the right hand side of your blue line are new,You can tell by the distance between each 1,on the left they look older judging by the block size.
Thanks for that.

would she have been able to get to the school walking through the little reserve on Wakefield Ave or would she have had to go down Highwray Ave to get access to the school?

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Lets hope your investigator isn't [removed at request of named person]
Maybe someone like [removed at request of named person] should take a look at this case.
Police said this man tried to entice a 13-year-old girl into a white, early model Holden Torana sedan about the same time Rhianna disappeared.

Just what these suspicious activities were has never been revealed by the police, but they all involved a white Holden Torana with Victorian registration plates.

View attachment 871234
Do you have a link to this attempt abduction of the 13 year old? Ive been trying to find it and would like to compare some information Ive come across.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

Watch this youtube re-enactment which is based on the ABC article published in 2020.

It still bothers me that they portray her walking roads, when its been stated she cut through the school, therefore the only roads she would’ve walked; Wakefield Ave, Highwray Drv, Sherriffs Road & return.

Note the part where they talk about the keys & what the reporter says. I do not believed keys have been mentioned previously in this way....

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
No sorry bluegirlz only bits and pieces... Of an attempt around the same time.
Edit to add:

I have reviewed a couple of podcasts to see if there was an extra info:

true crimes sisters-
- channel 7 advised they were reinvestigating someone Rhianna would have known- but not related (police deny but channel 7 stand by their comments)
a bit more detail on the Torana:
-White 2 dr Torana SLR5000 vic plates, that had been sanded back and had grey primer on it.
- unconfirmed that several woman where followed by a Torana (gathered from SAPOL Facebook site comments and unconfirmed)
- neighbour saw a Torana parked in street in days leading up to her disappearance but not after

USA podcast - (Disclaimer skip forward about 30 minutes to get to Rihanna’s case (thanks JMac!)

• Mentions loosely that a potential suspect option could be a parent of a friend
General consensus she arrived home and the state of the house being that she had recently left for a reason either by choice or has answered the door to someone known to her or an authority figure.

At her age I can imagine feeling pretty independent being left alone for the day and possibly leave the house for a short time to see a friend or go for a walk - but the TV blaring does not seem to fit in with this?

My thoughts are answered the door to someone.

Is it strange that it was school holidays and the brother was on school camp? Maybe it was a sporting camping or similar just never heard of school camps being during the holidays. (Not that this really adds anything either way) did someone know the brother was on camp and Rhianna was home alone?

Last edited:

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
No sorry bluegirlz only bits and pieces... Of an attempt around the same time.
Edit to add:

I have reviewed a couple of podcasts to see if there was an extra info:

true crimes sisters-
- channel 7 advised they were reinvestigating someone Rhianna would have known- but not related (police deny but channel 7 stand by their comments)
a bit more detail on the Torana:
-White 2 dr Torana SLR5000 vic plates, that had been sanded back and had grey primer on it.
- unconfirmed that several woman where followed by a Torana (gathered from SAPOL Facebook site comments and unconfirmed)
- neighbour saw a Torana parked in street in days leading up to her disappearance but not after

USA podcast -
  • Mentions loosely that a potential suspect option could be a parent of a friend
General consensus she arrived home and the state of the house being that she had recently left for a reason either by choice or has answered the door to someone known to her or an authority figure.

At her age I can imagine feeling pretty independent being left alone for the day and possibly leave the house for a short time to see a friend or go for a walk - but the TV blaring does not seem to fit in with this?

My thoughts are answered the door to someone.

Is it strange that it was school holidays and the brother was on school camp? Maybe it was a sporting camping or similar just never heard of school camps being during the holidays. (Not that this really adds anything either way) did someone know the brother was on camp and Rhianna was home alone?

The US podcast takes a while to get going, you need to fast forward to the -30 min mark. They spend some time on the MR Cruel back story, but then discard him as a suspect. I don’t know where they get the "parent of a friend" from. I’ve never heard it from official releases.

Suspect wise, “Parent of a friend” sounds feasible though. But.. so does “Son of a Neighbour”!
The dude in the torana must have developed in to a nasty piece of work, in later years. just saying..

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The US podcast takes a while to get going, you need to fast forward to the -30 min mark. They spend some time on the MR Cruel back story, but then discard him as a suspect. I don’t know where they get the "parent of a friend" from. I’ve never heard it from official releases.

Suspect wise, “Parent of a friend” sounds feasible though. But.. so does “Son of a Neighbour”!
The dude in the torana must have developed in to a nasty piece of work, in later years. just saying..
Oops should have added that disclaimer... thank you! it takes a while to get onto the subject matter - then not too much info.

It’s the first I have heard also - added it in as it’s an interesting thought process and agreeable, it’s feasible, and US is likely to say more without credibility checks for better or worse. There is so little to go on In this case..

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
9AE93BD7-76F7-49BC-8B26-E2FECC605A99.jpeg
Just looking at the Louise bell case here is a map showing her house and pfennigs house - there was also another guy nearby that was originally charged. Not too far from Rhiannas place. Just a thought process I’m looking into.
Edit to add:

I think phennig was incarcerated at this time however suspect list for Louise could be interesting - looking into and will verify.

Attachments

• 75E189C0-EBB0-4025-BF26-155A08FF194B.jpeg
    75E189C0-EBB0-4025-BF26-155A08FF194B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Just looking at the Louise bell case here is a map showing her house and pfennigs house - there was also another guy nearby that was originally charged. Not too far from Rhiannas place. Just a thought process I’m looking into.

Woah ... that's close.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Woah ... that's close.
Looks like phennig was incarcerated from 1989.

the man who was originally convicted:

Raymond John Bolte, formerly known as Raymond Geesing, was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1983 for her murder and abduction.

His conviction was overturned by the Court of Criminal Appeal two years later and he was freed from jail.

He was later jailed again for sexually abusing two sisters over an eight-year period in the 1990s.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 880975 Just looking at the Louise bell case here is a map showing her house and pfennigs house - there was also another guy nearby that was originally charged. Not too far from Rhiannas place. Just a thought process I’m looking into.
Edit to add:

I think phennig was incarcerated at this time however suspect list for Louise could be interesting - looking into and will verify.
i did a drive by the other day. south road at the bottom of page. A lot more houses there now

Back