Racecallers

Pick the caller from the one liner.

"How bloody great is the 'bool"
"Leads by a king brown"
"All drivers happy with pace and position"

MEDIA PUZZZZZZZZZZLE!!!!!!!! MEDIA PUZZLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pick the caller from the one liner.

"How bloody great is the 'bool"
"Leads by a king brown"
"All drivers happy with pace and position"
can only get the first one which is Rick Mc

i got a few, new and old

"the gates crashh backkkkkkk"
"SETTTTTTTTTTTT" (this goes back a few years)
"PHOTO!!!!! did the favorite get there.. I DUNNO, I DUNNO" followed by silence and the caller sounding like he is sick when the fave is beaten again!
"Good Tip by Me!!"

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

i got a few, new and old

"the gates crashh backkkkkkk" Allan Hull
"SETTTTTTTTTTTT" (this goes back a few years) Milton Pettit
"PHOTO!!!!! did the favorite get there.. I DUNNO, I DUNNO" followed by silence and the caller sounding like he is sick when the fave is beaten again! The D's favourite Alan Thomas
"Good Tip by Me!!"

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

i got a few, new and old

"the gates crashh backkkkkkk"
"SETTTTTTTTTTTT" (this goes back a few years)
"PHOTO!!!!! did the favorite get there.. I DUNNO, I DUNNO" followed by silence and the caller sounding like he is sick when the fave is beaten again!
"Good Tip by Me!!"
The PHOTO is the Qld provincial caller I reckon - does Rocky, Townsville etc. Also likes " I wanna be on the favorite " in the last 200m.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I actually don't mind Rick McIntosh. He has enthusiasm and passion. I prefer him over Adam Critendon who never gets excited no matter what happens.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bill Collins obviously had a heap on KT and went for the reverse curse, brilliantly executed.

race calling/sports commentary is a pretty tough gig and when the big moment arrives quite often the commentary can be as big as the moment itself eg; Perkins Atlanta and Johnson Seoul
Never heard anyone else say it but I’ve always thought he was on board the King. The way he emphasised the name ”Kingston TOWN” can’t win. In my opinion he said it with disgust, pessimistically, like he was having an ordinary day on the punt and this last chance was going to lose.

Having a sook that he can’t even win with the ‘good thing’ of the day

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone else think they need to put Terry McAuliffe back in the caller's box in Adelaide? I find Brett Davis woeful...

Darren McAuley my favourite...
He's ok. I actually thought Tim Edward's was doing a good job and could have been given the gig fulltime. Brett Davis is one race caller who has a decent strike rate with his best bets

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does anyone know what's the go with Josh Fleming saying 'The starter Mr Russell Hansen' every sibgle race at the Sunshine coast but at other tracks he never says the name of the starter. Is it a drinking game with someone or something?

greekstyler

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone know what's the go with Josh Fleming saying 'The starter Mr Russell Hansen' every sibgle race at the Sunshine coast but at other tracks he never says the name of the starter. Is it a drinking game with someone or something?

I've noticed this! Says it without fail every time. Must be a gee up.

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
stewie shenton(perth races) was the best for me before he he got done for selling the good stuff in between race calls.and just off the subject a bit what other footy commentaters would you reckon would be good if they tried there hand at being a race caller
Shenton was allowed back onto racecourses some years ago. Was a pretty reasonable caller in his day - when I first started on the punt he was the voice of Perth racing. Real shame how he fell from grace so badly but great he has turned his life around again.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shenton was allowed back onto racecourses some years ago. Was a pretty reasonable caller in his day - when I first started on the punt he was the voice of Perth racing. Real shame how he fell from grace so badly but great he has turned his life around again.
Stewie would be a sensation these days. I love how he never let a bad ride be unnoticed. He was never bland!

Back