Media Spam Of A Different Colour (of Years)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've spent three fifths of my life with this game, including its earlier iterations. Two fifths of it have been spent with this league. And today, on matchday as the Roys careen recklessly into another finals campaign (I use the term 'another' a bit loosely), I personally reached what a foreigny-speaking pal calls a "poltinnik" or a half-ruble. Today I hit 50, and I am spending it with you people, because you are all gorgeous and taste nice.

Yeah, a milestone. I know TedDougChris told us not to speak of milestones this season, but I'm here anyway. Because these last few months have felt like a bit of a crescendo. Late last year the missus went in to hospital for radiation treatment for cancer on her leg. Seemed to be all gone and looking good. Earlier this year, something showed up again which scared me, and her shin sent selfies to the docs, who rubbed their chin and ordered more tests.

That sounds a bit disconcerting, but here's where the tone improves. In the last TWO WEEKS the following has happened :
1. May 6 - The docs called me and said wtf, there's nothing there. Dunno what we're looking at, but it's not cancer. Come back in a month or two.
2. May 7 - Mrs Mobbs and I celebrated 20 years married, and spent it mildly saying "wow, never expected that" a few times.
3. Today - I am using a theme I just learnt from AceAndy 's Dragons to announce this milestone in GIF format:
q9gF3Ze.gif

(thanks for the inspiration, Dragons FFC)

So this just feels like a special time for multiple reasons.

For so much of this ride, I've been here with you guys. A lot of folks wandered through and moved on, amazingly many have stayed. From behind a screen I have unloaded so much silly talk at varying spots on the fondle-to-aggro continuum, and generally enjoyed every minute. What has happened here, is more surprising to me than even my ability to have physically survived this long! I am wondering if the two are intertwined. Pull the league, and my heart would fall out.

You've (the collective Sweet FA community) been a part of my life that's kept me engaged with the world, most specially during a 13 year period where I've been essentially housebound due to carer duties. If you think at ANY TIME, some abusive slur I've slid under your doorframe has any valid emotion behind it, reconsider. Well, there is emotion, I guess. But it's just glee that I can pissfart around with such a diverse and volatile bunch of brilliant weirdos. If I am ever annoyed, it's when I get out-weirded.

So thank you, Sweet FA community. Thanks for being with me on this ride.

And now, as Harvey Manfrenjensenden made a deal with me that he'd start a specific media thread on the proviso I followed it with one of my own, but reneged or lapsed or backslid, you are now all absolved of the responsibility of bringing me cake. That's solely now his job.

My birthday wish? To see the Sweet FA send a rep team to play another community's Qooty league again one day, like it did a couple of times in 2007.

You are an immaculate bunch of bastards. Thanks for enjoying my game.
5tCmDcP.png

PS: Harvey you can still catch up.

I've spent three fifths of my life with this game, including its earlier iterations. Two fifths of it have been spent with this league. And today, on matchday as the Roys careen recklessly into another finals campaign (I use the term 'another' a bit loosely), I personally reached what a foreigny-speaking pal calls a "poltinnik" or a half-ruble. Today I hit 50, and I am spending it with you people, because you are all gorgeous and taste nice.

Yeah, a milestone. I know TedDougChris told us not to speak of milestones this season, but I'm here anyway. Because these last few months have felt like a bit of a crescendo. Late last year the missus went in to hospital for radiation treatment for cancer on her leg. Seemed to be all gone and looking good. Earlier this year, something showed up again which scared me, and her shin sent selfies to the docs, who rubbed their chin and ordered more tests.

That sounds a bit disconcerting, but here's where the tone improves. In the last TWO WEEKS the following has happened :
1. May 6 - The docs called me and said wtf, there's nothing there. Dunno what we're looking at, but it's not cancer. Come back in a month or two.
2. May 7 - Mrs Mobbs and I celebrated 20 years married, and spent it mildly saying "wow, never expected that" a few times.
3. Today - I am using a theme I just learnt from AceAndy 's Dragons to announce this milestone in GIF format:
q9gF3Ze.gif

For so much of this ride, I've been here with you guys. A lot of folks wandered through and moved on, amazingly many have stayed. From behind a screen I have unloaded so much silly talk at varying spots on the fondle-to-aggro continuum, and generally enjoyed every minute. What has happened here, is more surprising to me than even my ability to have physically survived this long! I am wondering if the two are intertwined. Pull the league, and my heart would fall out.

You've (the collective Sweet FA community) been a part of my life that's kept me engaged with the world, most specially during a 13 year period where I've been essentially housebound due to carer duties. If you think at ANY TIME, some abusive slur I've slid under your doorframe has any valid emotion behind it, reconsider. Well, there is emotion, I guess. But it's just glee that I can pissfart around with such a diverse and volatile bunch of brilliant weirdos. If I am ever annoyed, it's when I get out-weirded.

And now, as Harvey Manfrenjensenden made a deal with me that he'd start a specific media thread on the proviso I followed it with one of my own, but reneged or lapsed or backslid, you are now all absolved of the responsibility of bringing me cake. That's solely now his job.

My birthday wish? To see the Sweet FA send a rep team to play another community's Qooty league again one day, like it did a couple of times in 2007.

5tCmDcP.png

Great ...and appreciated the sentiments, but who are you again ?

Great ...and appreciated the sentiments, but who are you again ?
Yeah I changed my name cos I thought if I called myself this, people would think the Best & Fairest Award was named after me. Clever, huh?

q9gF3Ze.gif

5tCmDcP.png

HBD Mobbsy, you magnificent son of a bee sting.

q9gF3Ze.gif

5tCmDcP.png

Lovely piece Mobbs

Thanks for pointing the bolded part out too, he always does!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exciting that we may get to play against another league.

Be a great opportunity for Tony Lynn 15 to well and truly expose himself to another league of adoring fans.
I'm pretty sure the last time we played an interleague match we lost, actually haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back