Hubs and the re-start

Be good to see a fixture

Wonder if local footy comes back this year
Very doubtful at a senior level, kids will probably resume at some time. Last night NAB league players were told the season looks very unlikely.

Very doubtful at a senior level, kids will probably resume at some time. Last night NAB league players were told the season looks very unlikely.

agree, might see a lot of local clubs die

Given going back to work isn’t until Phase 3 that would be more important than community sports on the weekend?

dunno, many are at work eg in warehouses and trucks etc, and then also working from home if office based

but sport isnt static and a great stress release, so that side of mental health is important surely? who knows

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
It would not surprise me if there was a token crowd at some point.

One of the steps allows 100 people in an indoor venue. When it gets to that step maybe they could designate separate areas within the stadium with their own bars and toilets and restrict it to 100 people.

It is a tiny amount. But it at least it gives some crowd. And it is possible progress if it works to maybe gradually lifting the numbers from next season. And it provides a trial for the government to measure how safe crowds at venues could be.

It would not surprise me if there was a token crowd at some point.

One of the steps allows 100 people in an indoor venue. When it gets to that step maybe they could designate separate areas within the stadium with their own bars and toilets and restrict it to 100 people.

It is a tiny amount. But it at least it gives some crowd. And it is possible progress if it works to maybe gradually lifting the numbers from next season. And it provides a trial for the government to measure how safe crowds at venues could be.

100 people would barely be more than the 2 teams and support staff anyway...

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Thinking we will play gws rd2 to keep fixture as simple as possible for first week back. Might be at SCG, given we played away and they were at home first week.

If I'm right will give us a good indication of where we are at given both sides close to or at full strength.

Do you think they'll try to play the local derbies twice so as to minimise travel for us and others....oh wait possible sightings of unicorns should this occur

Why would they when teams are only playing each other once? If anything they may hold off these Derby's till later in the year on the glimmer of possibility for crowds

Oh, are they? Must have missed it.:(

Pretty sure that's the plan. Everyone plays each other once, which is the fairest season you can hope for. Don't have sides with easy draw (i.e. the Bulldogs joke draw before this year)

4C78D0E1-23F3-4449-B7C5-51388C3EA473.png

Cant see any problems with any of those changes, and the non playing one should be enforced long term. Clubs for a long time have had way too many support staff, this may help them evaluate which personnel are the most important.

Cant see any problems with any of those changes, and the non playing one should be enforced long term. Clubs for a long time have had way too many support staff, this may help them evaluate which personnel are the most important.

They seem mostly pointless imo

They seem mostly pointless imo

The one about the support staff isn't. Iv'e felt for a long while there's to many support staff. If this makes the game more sustainable, It's not pointless. Now the other ones are just meh but that one is a good change

I mean to those looking with common sense, it does seem fairly ridiculous but let's be real: the AFL and the clubs have to be shown doing something to minimize the risks whilst playing.

I'm sure the players are more than happy to keep some space on the bench if it means they can play

The one about the support staff isn't. Iv'e felt for a long while there's to many support staff. If this makes the game more sustainable, It's not pointless. Now the other ones are just meh but that one is a good change

Yeah but thats different to minimising staff for their heath

basially its all window dressing a time for more ads

So a contact sport but you have to sit 1.5 away from each on the bench

No drama

maybe we need tackling and bumping at shops :p

surely with protocols around the week the players can play and celebrate etc as normalm

Yeah but thats different to minimising staff for their heath

basially its all window dressing a time for more ads

Let’s wait and see what happens. Have hope that change might come in long term

maybe we need tackling and bumping at shops :p

surely with protocols around the week the players can play and celebrate etc as normalm

I personally reckon the post-match song should be performed as it was in round one all the time. Something about not having their arms linked made them act like absolute animals and it was awesome to see.

Back