Alan Jones Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Freedom ? Is that why people who dont believe in climate change should be locked up?
Violent protests try to shut down right wing people running conferences?

That kind of freedom ?

Bill Maher used to be a darling of the left. Now he is hated because he hasnt changed his views but the modern left now hate everything he believes in.
Cherry picking a few isolated instances to tar half of humanity with the same brush. Seen it all before.

Which respected representative of the left is pushing to lock up people who don’t believe in climate change?

And what an ironic example for you to give, considering the relentless creep against the civil liberties of environmental protesters being constantly enacted by your darlings.

Look at Morrison wanting to outlaw secondary boycotts.

Look at how the Tories howled when ANU’s investment fund divested from fossil fuels.

(Ironic, from the party that is supposed to stand for people being able to do what they want with their money.)

Look at Dutton wanting to be able to interrogate 14 year olds without a lawyer present.

How could you type that post with a straight face?

Mate, you couldn’t make this stuff up.

You are one of the better RW posters on here, but this time you’re really lost the plot.

Cherry picking a few isolated instances to tar half of humanity with the same brush. Seen it all before.

Which respected representative of the left is pushing to lock up people who don’t believe in climate change?

And what an ironic example for you to give, considering the relentless creep against the civil liberties of environmental protesters being constantly enacted by your darlings.

Look at Morrison wanting to outlaw secondary boycotts.

Look at how the Tories howled when ANU’s investment fund divested from fossil fuels.

(Ironic, from the party that is supposed to stand for people being able to do what they want with their money.)

Look at Dutton wanting to be able to interrogate 14 year olds without a lawyer present.

How could you type that post with a straight face?

Mate, you couldn’t make this stuff up.

You are one of the better RW posters on here, but this time you’re really lost the plot.

Interesting use of "Tories" given they increased minimum wage by the largest amount ever.

Those evil bastards.

Should have gone with a Trump reference.

Im socially liberal. I voted yes to gay marriage. I dont think religion mixes with politics (any, not just the anti jew and christian with a blind eye to islam you see in a lot of lefties). And I couldnt care less what consenting adults do behind closed doors.

And economically Im conservative because I like the idea of only spending the money you have or borrowing wisely only for things you need.

But this last one probably labels me for most of the fanatics in SRP.

Interesting use of "Tories" given they increased minimum wage by the largest amount ever.

Those evil bastards.

Should have gone with a Trump reference.

Im socially liberal. I voted yes to gay marriage. I dont think religion mixes with politics (any, not just the anti jew and christian with a blind eye to islam you see in a lot of lefties). And I couldnt care less what consenting adults do behind closed doors.

And economically Im conservative because I like the idea of only spending the money you have or borrowing wisely only for things you need.

But this last one probably labels me for most of the fanatics in SRP.
That's nice dear.

Though not altogether clear what any of it has to do with your original insistence that the left hate freedom.

Of course Jones panders to his 'mates'. He's the one who regularly talked of 'pick and stick' when talking about them. That's not in question.

The fact is Jones through abuse and influence had the Opera House CEO place an advertising image on the sails in contravention of the OHs regulations and it was Berejiklian who forced the issue after Jones' intervention.

A classic insight into his political influence is this quote from 'The Drum':

And the following quote from The Conversation sums it up well:

That seems, to me, to be a tad self fulfilling.
Come on my show I wield influence...see I wield influence because they come on my show.
Here look, I yelled at someone and they did what I said.
I would suggest to you that the reason that the advertising was placed on the sails was a result of the influence of John Messara.

Sorry, I disagree completely. As I said, there is no contradiction whatsoever in saying that Jones's role as a force for right wing viewpoints was just part of a much larger arsenal of right wing media, and that the significance of his role, while not nothing, was often overrated.

If your opponents refuse to grasp nuance, that's their problem, not yours.

I wonder if they also think that McDonalds employees are filthy rich. After all, they are a part of a huge corporation worth hundreds of billions of dollars. They cant be both rich and poor, after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bill Maher used to be a darling of the left. Now he is hated because he hasnt changed his views but the modern left now hate everything he believes in.

That is a part of it; but Bill himself has changed. He used get stuck into the Democratic establishment and champion reformists like Sanders and even Ron Paul.

But then he backed Clinton in 16, and this election cycle went on a weird monologue about how he wants Democratic candidates to het into bed with as much corporate money as they could.

While its fun to 'watch the left eat itself', the SJW fringe is overhyped by the right. In this case, Maher has changed, not his audiance.

It was a shame he had been on air for so long past his use by date.
Allan Jones being on air was about Alan Jones being able to enhance his financial position by using the vehicle of the 2GB to further his vested interests by wielding enormous power.

His connections to the thoroughbred industry are sleazy and money driven. During the 2007 EI outbreak, all the studs in Australia were quarantined - no movement of horses in and out of the farms except for a few very large, conglomerate type breeding studs in the Hunter Valley where mares could move between those studs and one of the greatest beneficiaries of these "relaxation" of the laws, was his mate John Massara's Arrowfield Stud where Jones was a large share holder in the champion stallion Redoutes Choice who served 169 mares at $330,000 a pop ($55,770,000 in total) during the "quarantine period". All other studs Australia wide suffered immeasurably from the outbreak of Equine Influenza and the rules as to the movement of horse enacted by the Minister at the time, Peter McGauran, who was the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and some studs never recovered and they went under.

Guess who was the Minister responsible for the gutting of the AQIS at the time? Why the same Peter McGauran! He was responsible for the massive cuts to the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services and as a result, EI was not detected when it entered the country and allowed to spread. Peter McGauran was and still is one of Alan Jone's buddies and guess what Peter McGauran did when he left Parliament? He was appointed CEO of Racing Australia! If that is not one of the biggest scandals ever, then nothing is but who was going to be outraged? Allan Jones, the Murdoch press?

Peter McGauran, John Massara and Peter V'landys amongst a host of others, have been great beneficiaries of Alan Jones's patronage over the years and they in turn, have assured that Alan Jones continues to make a motsa from his various racing interests unfettered.

To show just what a filthy, self serving bastard Jones is, when some mining companies wanted to conduct fracking in the Hunter near his mates' studs, he freaked out and waged a war through 2GB condemning the mining companies. Think about it, Alan Jones condemning mining companies! He succeeded in stopping them.

If we had a half decent press in this country that undertook real investigative journalism without fear or favour, then Alan jone's mate Peter V'landys would be in serious, serious trouble over numerous maters relating to Racing in NSW but Jone's mates are a protected species.

Alan Jones is filth.

As I never listened to Jones' show I've only just learned that in recent weeks he's been spewing BS about COVID being no worse than the flu (whilst broadcasting from the safety of his home).

NOW I get all the gags about him finally listening to experts' opinions for once, after he announced his retirement due to doctors' advice.

Right to the end he's been a reckless, hypocritical turd.

As I never listened to Jones' show I've only just learned that in recent weeks he's been spewing BS about COVID being no worse than the flu (whilst broadcasting from the safety of his home).

NOW I get all the gags about him finally listening to experts' opinions for once, after he announced his retirement due to doctors' advice.

Right to the end he's been a reckless, hypocritical turd.
For someone you don't listen to you sure talk about him a lot!

For someone you don't listen to you sure talk about him a lot!
The vast majority of us don't tune into Trump's village idiot press conferences either but we do get to hear about them later and we do talk a lot about how filthy and disgusting a piece of s**t he is, just like we do about Alan Jones and Scott the supremacist Morrison; all of them s**t rapt in skin.

Simple logic and insight. Never interested in following parrots.
When you are right more often than not, you do well. It also brings out the usual frustration in regulation haters.

Example of why he was courted by both major parties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back