Manchester United, Stevenage FC
IMG_20200425_071521.jpg

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
One of my favourite scenes was when they showed highlights of the 1995/96 regular season with Rapture playing in the background as soon as we see Dennis Rodman coming out of the lockeroom. It’s like now they’re going to * some s**t up and they did. The following season was special, too. What a dynasty.

Wanted adidas but his parents implored him to hear Nike out. Budgeted to sell $4m of Air Jordan's by year 4 but had done $135m in the first year alone and lauched Nike as we know today. Now MJ makes 150m a year just from Nike.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wanted adidas but his parents implored him to hear Nike out. Budgeted to sell $4m of Air Jordan's by year 4 but had done $135m in the first year alone and lauched Nike as we know today. Now MJ makes 150m a year just from Nike.

Ridiculous! Imagine going from not being that highly regarded as a junior to becoming the GOAT Basketball player and having a personal wealth that extends into the billions, accumulated post career through his brand. That is not a normal trajectory one would typically take lol.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Cant wait to start The Last Dance. I just couldnt watch two a week. So I've waited for it all to be out then it's binge time.

I've heard rave reviews. Like AMAZING reviews, even from non Jordan fans and non basketball fans. So I cant wait. Im gonna start tonight!

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Cant wait to start The Last Dance. I just couldnt watch two a week. So I've waited for it all to be out then it's binge time.

I've heard rave reviews. Like AMAZING reviews, even from non Jordan fans and non basketball fans. So I cant wait. Im gonna start tonight!

******* amazing! Last two episodes were on today. Brilliant ending to a wonderful series.

Michael Jordan was an unbelievable competitor. Legend!

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Mate would recommend doing 1 or 2 per night. Don't think binge is the way forward with this one personally. It's too good for that and as a bulls fan you will want to give it full attention.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Bill Simmons has been doing some really good podcasts about the last dance focusing on 2 episodes at a time. Would highly recommend jod23 . I.e. watch the first 2, listen to the podcast, then watch the next 2, etc. The podcasts are on Spotify.
Not on Youtube? I dont have spotify.

You might be right though. Maybe two a night. I want to savour it. Jordan is god so I cant wait.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
To think that John Stockton didn’t want to be involved in The Last Dance because he thought it would be a Michael Jordan puff piece. It definitely wasn’t an MJ puff piece and I am glad that in the end JS was involved in it. Another legend of Basketball. Anyone from this era of Basketball fan who thinks that there was less competition back then when MJ played, this doco just proves that that was always incorrect. So many great players and HOF’ers came from that era and MJ beat them all. When every team or most of them had 2 or 3 All-Star caliber players, you know that that was an amazing era of Basketball.

I hope we get some of the unreleased interviews in the future. Apparently 106 interviews were done and they didn’t get to air most of them.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I just love the photo of ‘the last shot’, you can see the Jazz fans’ faces as the ball is in mid air just knowing what is going to happen, hands on heads, shaking their head, they knew it was coming.

Unbelievable series, loved every bit of it. From someone who vividly remembers that Bulls team of the 90’s as I was young growing up, was awesome to go back and just get and incredible look into what went down during their dynasty and black Jesus, don’t think we’ll ever see someone like MJ again.

Back