barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
My 2 cents on Jack is when he’s injured they rush him back in too early. He’s slow at the best of times but when he’s half fit it sticks out like dogs balls. Fully fit i believe there’s no doubt he’s best 22. I was pretty hammered on Bintangs but if I remember last years glorious Collingwood reaming correctly Captain Jack showed what he can do when up n about.
If he’s good to go rd2 sweet if not for folks sake give him a spell till he’s right.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Well I am not necessarily a MacMillan hater, but he can let a tackle go. Thommo is retired, but almost single handedly at times was the backline. Tazz was criticised by just about all and sundry early on, Marley is scary and Jasper is the game. Macmillan is a senior footballer who could at times be stronger in the tackle.

Worst attempt at resurrecting a position that I have seen in some time rickety.

flojo

All Australian
Jul 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was stoked with Brady Rawlings appointment. Not so much Jades. However in tough times like this for staff, no surprise the bro never lost his job.
Just think its a bit of "family conflict" as so Carlton put it most recently. just saying.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Was stoked with Brady Rawlings appointment. Not so much Jades. However in tough times like this for staff, no surprise the bro never lost his job.
Just think its a bit of "family conflict" as so Carlton put it most recently. just saying.

He’s the senior assistant. In what universe would he be getting cut?

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Whitecross, Firrito, Rivers

Loader also I believe

Sounds like the plan was to prioritise having physios and medical staff. With less coaches. The weird part was keeping Scotland and Adams over the line coaches
I'm ok with keeping on the development coaches. We don't want players like Thomas, LDU, Simpkin, etc, stagnating or going backwards..

Worst attempt at resurrecting a position that I have seen in some time rickety.
There is no position mate. Go start a fight with someone else mate

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Loader also I believe

Sounds like the plan was to prioritise having physios and medical staff. With less coaches. The weird part was keeping Scotland and Adams over the line coaches

I thought the ones Shaw brought in would remain.... so no real surprise there. Surprised with rivers though unless he is just away or working remotely but they do still have running def coaches obviously in Shaw and Scotland... maybe money issue too as guessing dev coaches are cheaper than line?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There was no chance Jade was going anywhere. He was brought in for his experience and is very highly regarded

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why wouldn't you be allowed to watch them train? You're behind the fence, meters and meters away from the players, pretty much zero risk.

Footy Classified just showed Port supporters behind the fence at Power training today.
If anyone is going to be transmitting a virus its Port Adelaide supporters!

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne

Loader also I believe

They're sharing the work between existing coaches, including one ...
Harvey to pull boots back on, Roos stand down two line coaches -

My 2 cents on Jack is when he’s injured they rush him back in too early. He’s slow at the best of times but when he’s half fit it sticks out like dogs balls. Fully fit i believe there’s no doubt he’s best 22. I was pretty hammered on Bintangs but if I remember last years glorious Collingwood reaming correctly Captain Jack showed what he can do when up n about.
If he’s good to go rd2 sweet if not for folks sake give him a spell till he’s right.

Yep, agree here (and as ferball said earlier)

If we try and play him undercooked, it is really really bad.

But 100 per cent, he's good to go starting 18.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They're sharing the work between existing coaches, including one ...
Harvey to pull boots back on, Roos stand down two line coaches -

Rhyce IS a defence coach himself and the forwards are pretty set with their structures & routines.

Why else is he doing what appears to be training with the main group?

Little bugger is still fit as a Mallee bull, was playing a decent standard last two years.

Never had a serious injury apart from the arm - no knees, no old man calves or hammies.

Rhyce tried to keep up with the boys in training and would know just what's required - he would see what Boomer was doing and know exactly if it was at the level required.

Also, Rhyce has none of the personal involvement in sacking Boom Brad had, so there's no "loss of face" to bringing him back.

Halfway through the season, if we're tracking s**t, we go yeah nah, was a nice idea Boomer, but we wanna get games into Jack Mahoney.

If we're seriously looking like finals is an option, then draft him mid year and play him for the last five games and the finals.

There's a flag to be pinched this year imo and we should do everything possible to pinch it.

Do I reckon Boomer should come back full time on the list? No.

Do a reckon a one off weirdo season where we could bring him back for 5-9 games could pay MASSIVE DIVIDENDS?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back