Training Training thread - news and live reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why else is he doing what appears to be training with the main group?

Little bugger is still fit as a Mallee bull, was playing a decent standard last two years.

Never had a serious injury apart from the arm - no knees, no old man calves or hammies.

Rhyce tried to keep up with the boys in training and would know just what's required - he would see what Boomer was doing and know exactly if it was at the level required.

Also, Rhyce has none of the personal involvement in sacking Boom Brad had, so there's no "loss of face" to bringing him back.

Halfway through the season, if we're tracking s**t, we go yeah nah, was a nice idea Boomer, but we wanna get games into Jack Mahoney.

If we're seriously looking like finals is an option, then draft him mid year and play him for the last five games and the finals.

There's a flag to be pinched this year imo and we should do everything possible to pinch it.

Do I reckon Boomer should come back full time on the list? No.

Do a reckon a one off weirdo season where we could bring him back for 5-9 games could pay MASSIVE DIVIDENDS?

Yes.
The scenes if this happened, would be unbelievable...

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Little bugger is still fit as a Mallee bull, was playing a decent standard last two years.

Never had a serious injury apart from the arm - no knees, no old man calves or hammies.

Rhyce tried to keep up with the boys in training and would know just what's required - he would see what Boomer was doing and know exactly if it was at the level required.

Also, Rhyce has none of the personal involvement in sacking Boom Brad had, so there's no "loss of face" to bringing him back.

Halfway through the season, if we're tracking s**t, we go yeah nah, was a nice idea Boomer, but we wanna get games into Jack Mahoney.

If we're seriously looking like finals is an option, then draft him mid year and play him for the last five games and the finals.

There's a flag to be pinched this year imo and we should do everything possible to pinch it.

Do a reckon a one off weirdo season where we could bring him back for 5-9 games could pay MASSIVE DIVIDENDS?

Yes.

He never stopped training with them

Won’t happen, his role is essentially to keep the non best 22 players match hardened ready to go when needed

I’m assuming organising weekly practice matches for these players won’t always be easy and some weeks might have to just be internal training and match sim for these non playing players that’s where boomer will play a role

The scenes if this happened, would be unbelievable...

I'm on a half mongrel just thinking about it

But honestly, if he's fit enough - and he's always been supremely fit and now we seem to be putting him into main training - does anyone doubt the ability?

Scores are tied at three quarter time in a knockout final, do you want Brent Harvey or Paul Ahern out there?

He never stopped training with them

Exactly.

So why have we taken runner duties off him, and put him into an expanded main group training role.

I'm not saying it WILL happen.

I'm saying I reckon we're giving ourselves the chances.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I reckon we're planning for a possible Boomer comeback.

Imagine every club can list an Over 35 free agent at any point over a season? Doesn't take a list spot, outside the cap.

It would be fascinating to see us drifting into the finals and suddenly seeing Brent Harvey or Jarrad Waite pop up on the park.

Great PR exercise for league too the AFL should get in on this before I patent it.

Wayne Campbell

Senior List
Sep 27, 2015
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yes.
I can't wait for the documentary "The Boomerang" :thumbsu:

Yes.

Dreaming.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They're sharing the work between existing coaches, including one ...
Harvey to pull boots back on, Roos stand down two line coaches -

Shaw says they remain on standdown... which implies that they will be back when restrictions are further lifted

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly.

So why have we taken runner duties off him, and put him into an expanded main group training role.

I'm not saying it WILL happen.

I'm saying I reckon we're giving ourselves the chances.

Haven’t we just done it as restricted numbers mean some have to wear additional hats for the time being... to cover whitecross and rivers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a brief period where he was AA quality.

That vid he did with Narni shows just how rooted his development was.

Would still be playing at Hawthorn with his multiple AAs lol.

Imagine every club can list an Over 35 free agent at any point over a season? Doesn't take a list spot, outside the cap.

It would be fascinating to see us drifting into the finals and suddenly seeing Brent Harvey or Jarrad Waite pop up on the park.

Great PR exercise for league too the AFL should get in on this after I patent it.

Fixed that for you.

That'll be 10% thanks.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Great PR exercise for league too the AFL should get in on this before I patent it.

You ought to incorporate stage 2, a fully fledged seniors league for over 35s, the perfect way for professionals to integrate into the next phase of their lives whilst maintaining the mateship that these young men have never lived a day of their adult lives without.

Bums on seats and eyeballs, some lawyer at AFL HQ will come up with this and be paid $250k a year in consulting fees til the end of days.

You ought to incorporate stage 2, a fully fledged seniors league for over 35s, the perfect way for professionals to integrate into the next phase of their lives whilst maintaining the mateship that these young men have never lived a day of their adult lives without.

Bums on seats and eyeballs, some lawyer at AFL HQ will come up with this and be paid $250k a year in consulting fees til the end of days.
Why would the lawyer have to take a pay cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back