Coronavirus Tv shows to binge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Netflix is currently running the first two seasons of an Italian organised crime drama called Gommorah.

If subtitles don't worry you (unless you speak fluent Italian) and Mafia, jails and strong violence is your TV cup of tea you'll be into it.
Set in Naples and not one likeable character at all. Great watch.

Probably not binge related but I have been watching some of the Dogs games that Fox Footy have been showing.
Re-watched the 2015 game up in Sydney that many believe was the start of our run to the GF.
I was absolutely amazed at how many people from that team are no longer at the club given it was only 5 years ago.
Playing in that game were:
Matthew Boyd, Tom Boyd, Ayce Cordy, Stewart Crameri, Luke Dahlhaus, Mitch Honeychurch, Nathan Hrovat, Robert Murphy, Liam Picken, Fletcher Roberts, Jordan Roughhead, Clay Smith, Koby Stevens, Jake Stringer, Michael Talia and Lukas Webb.
Only Bont, Dickson, Jong, JJ, Macrae and Wood remain from that team.
Just found it weird during passages of play thinking "he's not here anymore, he's not here anymore......and so on".

Probably not binge related but I have been watching some of the Dogs games that Fox Footy have been showing.
Re-watched the 2015 game up in Sydney that many believe was the start of our run to the GF.
I was absolutely amazed at how many people from that team are no longer at the club given it was only 5 years ago.
Playing in that game were:
Matthew Boyd, Tom Boyd, Ayce Cordy, Stewart Crameri, Luke Dahlhaus, Mitch Honeychurch, Nathan Hrovat, Robert Murphy, Liam Picken, Fletcher Roberts, Jordan Roughhead, Clay Smith, Koby Stevens, Jake Stringer, Michael Talia and Lukas Webb.
Only Bont, Dickson, Jong, JJ, Macrae and Wood remain from that team.
Just found it weird during passages of play thinking "he's not here anymore, he's not here anymore......and so on".
A few whipping boys in there too :p

Things Ive watched and enjoyed in recent times.

Dark. (Netflix) A mind bending German science fiction series that covers a a handful of German families and covers a number of generations.

The Haunting of Hill House.(Netflix) What it says on the cover. Family buy an old mansion to renovate and things go a bit awry.

The Outsider.(Foxtel) Steven King. You know what you're getting, but in this case its much better than most of the schlock produced under his banner for TV and film.

Kingdom.(Netflix) Mid 17th century Korean take on GoT but without much its the mystical dues ex machina. I always enjoy the Korean take on the tired zombie genre. Train to Busan also worth a look if you're into that kind of thing.

Better call Saul.(Stan) A slow burn prequel to Breaking Bad that cannot end well for anybody involved. Its very close to the greatness of its antecedence.

and of course TIGER KING!(Netflix) More a show about the American psyche than it is about big cats. It still makes for compelling, viewing even with its somewhat skewed version of events.

OMG Norm....Dark!!!!

So hard to find people out there who have seen it. I love this show so much. The third and final series was due to come out on a specific date this year in line with dates in the show itself however I'm assuming its been delayed.

I don't know how to describe this show. It's so mind bending, but backed up by amazing German actors and writing. Imagine a mix of Stranger Things and The Missing tinged with the european angst that the Germans do so well.

Cracking soundtrack and score as too. If you can handle subtitles, enjoy a touch of sci-fi and mystery rolled into one, I highly recommend it.

I have actually watched the first two series twice over as there are so many clues, hints and theories to take in.

Other shows binged over the past year:

Umbrella Academy - off-beat comic book adaption

Kingdom - Korean zombie period piece. Great combo

After Life (Ricky Gervais) - Series 1 very worthwhile, would not bother with series 2.

The Politician - Netflix series about high school politics on steroids.

Also, coming to Netflix soon I believe is movie First Man, which is loosely based on the story of Neil Armstrong. Really enjoyed that.

OMG Norm....Dark!!!!

So hard to find people out there who have seen it. I love this show so much. The third and final series was due to come out on a specific date this year in line with dates in the show itself however I'm assuming its been delayed.

I don't know how to describe this show. It's so mind bending, but backed up by amazing German actors and writing. Imagine a mix of Stranger Things and The Missing tinged with the european angst that the Germans do so well.

Cracking soundtrack and score as too. If you can handle subtitles, enjoy a touch of sci-fi and mystery rolled into one, I highly recommend it.

I have actually watched the first two series twice over as there are so many clues, hints and theories to take in.

After Life (Ricky Gervais) - Series 1 very worthwhile, would not bother with series 2.

Also, coming to Netflix soon I believe is movie First Man, which is loosely based on the story of Neil Armstrong. Really enjoyed that.
Whats wrong with series 2? I enjoyed the first series but haven't gotten around to series 2 yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong at all. As good as series 1. Just saying not sure what's happening with part 3 due to restrictions.
CarntheScray was referring to afterlife

OMG Norm....Dark!!!!

Dark - loving it.

Things Ive watched and enjoyed in recent times.

Dark. (Netflix) A mind bending German science fiction series that covers a a handful of German families and covers a number of generations.

The Haunting of Hill House.(Netflix) What it says on the cover. Family buy an old mansion to renovate and things go a bit awry.

The Outsider.(Foxtel) Steven King. You know what you're getting, but in this case its much better than most of the schlock produced under his banner for TV and film.

Kingdom.(Netflix) Mid 17th century Korean take on GoT but without much its the mystical dues ex machina. I always enjoy the Korean take on the tired zombie genre. Train to Busan also worth a look if you're into that kind of thing.

Better call Saul.(Stan) A slow burn prequel to Breaking Bad that cannot end well for anybody involved. Its very close to the greatness of its antecedence.

and of course TIGER KING!(Netflix) More a show about the American psyche than it is about big cats. It still makes for compelling, viewing even with its somewhat skewed version of events.
Better call Saul - bingeing a few eps tonight (to get my mind off something).

This keeps getting better. It’s amazing. And I watch a lot of TV.

Right you lot, I have never watched a zombie movie in my life, now over the last 72 hours I have watched two, first The Train to Busan, and now into Series 2 of Kingdom. What strange times we are living within.

Right you lot, I have never watched a zombie movie in my life, now over the last 72 hours I have watched two, first The Train to Busan, and now into Series 2 of Kingdom. What strange times we are living within.

I watched Train to Busan (without subtitles) the other week, enjoyed it.
Not sure what’s going to happen in the sequel, assuming it‘ll revolve around the survivors from the first one.

Just finished watching Babylon Berlin (3 seasons) on Netflix. German with subtitles, but a good watch. Crime based set around the late 1920's.

Decided to finally try watching Lost the whole way through. Nearly finished, but my God the drop in quality as it goes on is just ridiculous. Such an outstanding first season, then by the 6th (final) there was just zero continuity and no semblance of an actual storyline. Don't recommend.

Have also tried Castlevania on Netflix, which has actually been surprisingly good. Not usually a fan of anime or any serious animation style shows, but really enjoyed this one so far

Decided to finally try watching Lost the whole way through. Nearly finished, but my God the drop in quality as it goes on is just ridiculous. Such an outstanding first season, then by the 6th (final) there was just zero continuity and no semblance of an actual storyline. Don't recommend.

Have also tried Castlevania on Netflix, which has actually been surprisingly good. Not usually a fan of anime or any serious animation style shows, but really enjoyed this one so far
lol why did you keep going after season 2?

If there's one thing I have no time for, it's s**t TV. Unless it's supposed to be s**t TV and I get some kind of schadenfreude out of it like Love Island.
But yeah, Lost went so downhill, gave up on that pretty quick. There's so many other shows to watch.

Watching The Deuce at the moment, absolute quality as you'd expect from David Simon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back