Winston Abraham

Remove this Banner Ad

very true, but to be fair Dale Kickett had a fair crack at squaring up the following year.
LOL he did too!!!

I reckon the mere presence of Arch, Duck, Choppy, King, McKernan would have been a bit more intimidating than Kickett's one man wrecking crew though.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The feral racist pies fans were going off that game.
Had to move from standing room at quarter time due to full on abuse between fans.
Then moved to where there was some of the funniest and loudest north fans I have ever seen - more enjoyable as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah plenty of fine footballers over the journey for us, Winnie was a brilliant kick either foot, 65m's wasn't a stretch, could take a hanger as well as anyone. had explosive pace matched by having a very strong core. Had plenty of time with the ball and rarely made a poor choice.

Goal umpires loved him,cause they didn't need to move as the ball went straight over their heads regardless of the angle. He was the complete footballer and when people talk about underrated, he should be captain.

Was everything Akermanis was and much more. If he'd stayed on the park (usual North story) he'd have been a feature of the 2000s.

Also re him staying on the list - Denis held on to him for 2 seasons without a game and Dean cut him when he arrived.

Understandable I guess but had Denis stayed on (with less pressure to turn the list around) Winnie might've made it back into the seniors. We'll never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back