Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Telstra’s Facebook page is regularly inundated with comments from conspiracy theorists attacking its rollout of 5G.

An eagle-eyed user shared a screenshot of an exchange purporting to be between a commenter and the company that has now been shared widely.

“TAKE DOWN 5G TOWERS THERE WEAPONS THAT CAUSE COVID!!” a user named James wrote.

Telstra promptly replied: “Hi James. The 5G towers will help download your conspiracy videos faster.” 🤣🤣🤣

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Telstra’s Facebook page is regularly inundated with comments from conspiracy theorists attacking its rollout of 5G.

An eagle-eyed user shared a screenshot of an exchange purporting to be between a commenter and the company that has now been shared widely.

“TAKE DOWN 5G TOWERS THERE WEAPONS THAT CAUSE COVID!!” a user named James wrote.

Telstra promptly replied: “Hi James. The 5G towers will help download your conspiracy videos faster.” 🤣🤣🤣

How many kilos of mind altering substances have those nutjobs consumed over the years?

Astounding detachment from reality. They have taken a left turn into the city of ludicrous.

How many kilos of mind altering substances have those nutjobs consumed over the years?

Astounding detachment from reality. They have taken a left turn into the city of ludicrous.
honestly, i dont even think people need the mind melters for this stuff. Often they will lead boring lives, or perhaps lack some control in parts of their lives, so making this s**t up and/or believing it creates excitement and control. Like how many scientologists are tertiary educated reasonably well off but not stinking rich people. Someone tells you you can be in this club, and they have the inside word on something like the afterlife, all you have to do is give us your money, then the money flies out of their pockets. The conspiracy stuff makes them feel like they know more than the average joe, so it improves their self worth, creates a feeling of belonging, sense of control.

It is all COMPLETELY ******* BOGUS, but you don't have to be a wackjob to get in on it.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
honestly, i dont even think people need the mind melters for this stuff. Often they will lead boring lives, or perhaps lack some control in parts of their lives, so making this s**t up and/or believing it creates excitement and control. Like how many scientologists are tertiary educated reasonably well off but not stinking rich people. Someone tells you you can be in this club, and they have the inside word on something like the afterlife, all you have to do is give us your money, then the money flies out of their pockets. The conspiracy stuff makes them feel like they know more than the average joe, so it improves their self worth, creates a feeling of belonging, sense of control.

It is all COMPLETELY ******* BOGUS, but you don't have to be a wackjob to get in on it.

Generalising here but agree with your thoughts regarding a large number of conspiracy theorists that have an increased state of their own intelligence because 'they wont be fooled' ect.

Peter Gordon and his buddy Slater must be bored with no footy on:

Hundreds of Victorian coronavirus infractions withdrawn

Victoria Police have revealed to the ABC that 337 fines issued for breaches of coronavirus restrictions have been withdrawn or cancelled, and 437 are being challenged as of Monday.

During a Public Accounts and Estimates Committee hearing earlier this week Police Minister Lisa Neville said no fines had been challenged in court.

Stay tuned for the next Blockbuster Movie: STATE WARS 7 - Gladys Strikes Back

=====

NSW coronavirus borders war between Premier Gladys Berejiklian and WA's Mark McGowan intensifies

The border war between the NSW Premier and her WA counterpart has intensified, after Gladys Berejiklian accused Mark McGowan of closing his state amid coronavirus restrictions to preserve his popularity.

Yesterday, Ms Berejiklian announced travel restrictions in NSW would be scrapped from June 1 and encouraged interstate visitors to book a holiday there. That prompted an outburst from Mr McGowan, who claimed his Government was being "bullied" by the Premier of Australia's most populous state.

Ms Berejiklian maintains interstate travel will be an important part of Australia's economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, and today reiterated other states would miss out if they kept their borders closed. WA, Queensland, South Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania have all closed their borders, and are yet to announce a firm timeline to reopen them.

"In fact, I'm sure those premiers are getting more popular in their states for keeping their borders closed," Ms Berejiklian told ABC News Breakfast today. In a recent Newspoll, Mr McGowan was rated the nation's most popular leader, earning approval from 89 per cent of the WA public.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk this week said her state's border was likely to remain closed until September. This morning Queensland Transport Minister Mark Bailey said his Government "won't be lectured" by the "worst performing state in Australia". "There were 33 times the number of active cases in NSW compared to Queensland," he said. "NSW needs to get its act together and get community transmission down and we will all be better off throughout this nation, including in Queensland." NSW accounts for roughly half of Australia's more than 7,000 coronavirus infections, however new cases have largely flatlined in the past month.

You have to keep all this in perspective, though. Most likely, there are more people who think Elvis is still alive than think 5G causes Covid-19.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You have to keep all this in perspective, though. Most likely, there are more people who think Elvis is still alive than think 5G causes Covid-19.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
sure, any narrative that makes them feel better, i'm just saying you'd be surprised how many of those people never touched any mind bending drugs in their entire lives.

Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What do people think of Ardern’s 4 day working week suggestion???? I’m off to NZ if she can get this one over the line. Maybe I’ll go on welfare to even up the score for Australia.
They've actually done their homework on this...

What do people think of Ardern’s 4 day working week suggestion???? I’m off to NZ if she can get this one over the line. Maybe I’ll go on welfare to even up the score for Australia.
They've actually done their homework on this...

It may end up happening here naturally... At least in some industries over the short (-medium) term.

I work in the travel industry... I don't expect to be going back to 5 days a week until at least next year!

received_265465128158707.jpeg

Social media mate, cooking their brains.

Daniel Andrews -

Sewage testing has helped identify and track outbreaks of polio around the world.

And now, it's being used to fight coronavirus.

Starting next month, investigations will begin on sewage samples across Victoria.

This data may help identify areas where there are clusters of the virus and asymptomatic carriers – as small concentrations of virus genetic material can be found in sewage.

And this can help us figure out where to run further clinical tests and where we need to focus our efforts – quickly.

Sewage testing is just one small part of a massive effort to track and trace the spread.

But we're using every tool at our disposal to deal with this thing – and keep Victorians safe.

Daniel Andrews -

Sewage testing has helped identify and track outbreaks of polio around the world.

And now, it's being used to fight coronavirus.

Starting next month, investigations will begin on sewage samples across Victoria.

This data may help identify areas where there are clusters of the virus and asymptomatic carriers – as small concentrations of virus genetic material can be found in sewage.

And this can help us figure out where to run further clinical tests and where we need to focus our efforts – quickly.

Sewage testing is just one small part of a massive effort to track and trace the spread.

But we're using every stool at our disposal to deal with this thing – and keep Victorians safe.

Typo corrected

I am not sure if Snake_Baker has seen the video linked below, I am interested to get his take on it.

Some interesting things in that video, I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but you have to wonder why there hasn't been a bigger push by the health organisation to boost immune systems with vitamin D, C and Zinc. I also find our government's annoying stance on masks despite what is now pretty much worldwide acknowledgment that they are beneficial.

I am not sure if Snake_Baker has seen the video linked below, I am interested to get his take on it.

Some interesting things in that video, I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but you have to wonder why there hasn't been a bigger push by the health organisation to boost immune systems with vitamin D, C and Zinc. I also find our government's annoying stance on masks despite what is now pretty much worldwide acknowledgment that they are beneficial.

Why are we wondering about the health organisations? Are we questioning whether they do improve immune systems or that somehow the health organisations dont want our immune systems do be boosted? I dont mean to just go straight to questions but that is an hour long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back