Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the plus side of this cornavirus shenanigans, it has allowed our boys to recover, we have had a really poor run of it the last few years with injuries and compromised pre-seasons.

Jeez, some of you guys could never be accused of not having excellent 20/20 hindsight. If you could only be half as good looking forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that comment is in relation to the captain playing round one, if you go back (In jack's thread) you'll find a few of us were critical/nervous. His preseason was interrupted, he had bugger all conditioning under his belt, his exposed form was average at best (a lot of blokes were at that stage), and then he went and declared himself fit to play, if I recall off of a single pre season game.

Then he plays round one and is, in all honesty, quite bad for a time before he injures himself. The quality of his game wasn't a surprise, and I'd certainly like to think the injury was just coincidental. The warning signs were there, and I have to admit it irks me more than a little to see Shaw say jack is in better shape now than he was prior to round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then he plays round one and is, in all honesty, quite bad for a time before he injures himself. The quality of his game wasn't a surprise, and I'd certainly like to think the injury was just coincidental. The warning signs were there, and I have to admit it irks me more than a little to see Shaw say jack is in better shape now than he was prior to round one.
Didn't a bloke fall across his knee resulting in injury? I certainly don't think you can lay blame of the injury on his tentative preseason. To so so would be to wonder whether Walker's preseason somehow contributed to his injury on the day also.

Having said that, Ziebell hadn't set the world on fire pre injury, I agree.

Keen to see who ends up squeezing into the 7 spots in defence with Marley out for 1 more, hoping it’s Ahern Then Marley gets back in the week after

B: Marley Tarrant Daw
HB: Atley Walker Pittard

I: McDonald

No Jmac?

Didn't a bloke fall across his knee resulting in injury? I certainly don't think you can lay blame of the injury on his tentative preseason. To so so would be to wonder whether Walker's preseason somehow contributed to his injury on the day also.

Having said that, Ziebell hadn't set the world on fire pre injury, I agree.

We had a few players who went into R1 underdone (Polec, BBB, Tarrant off the top of my head). Less than half our team showed anything in the pre-season, which led to multiple BigFooty meltdowns, if I remember correctly. Jack reckoned he was right to go. He is the captain. He was playing no worse than the bulk of the team when he got his unfortunate injury. I’m confident he would have lifted with the rest of the team had he not been injured (no way to know, really). He finished sixth in the Syd Barker ( 2 points shy of third spot). In my view, he had to be picked.

We had a few players who went into R1 underdone (Polec, BBB, Tarrant off the top of my head). Less than half our team showed anything in the pre-season, which led to multiple BigFooty meltdowns, if I remember correctly. Jack reckoned he was right to go. He is the captain. He was playing no worse than the bulk of the team when he got his unfortunate injury. I’m confident he would have lifted with the rest of the team had he not been injured (no way to know, really). He finished sixth in the Syd Barker ( 2 points shy of third spot). In my view, he had to be picked.

That said, I would have been happy to see Bonar get a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back