Roast Marlion Pickett go fund me and neal balme comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that Dayne Beams, the guy who auctioned off his 2010 Premiership medal for the Bushfire relief fund?

The one with alledged gambling and substance issues that was potentially lucky that his brush with the law wasn't as detrimental to his life as it could have been?

The one that has been allowed to continue being paid despite showing zero signs of being capable of fulfilling his employment contract, at least somewhat due to his own inability to live a perfect life and make poor decisions?

I think you're right though, he solicited DMs for the sale of his medal with the promise of donation until the club stepped in.

You don’t ever make ita prerequisite to only have kids when you have mythical amount in mind to do so.

When the social justice minded are so adamant in talking about a lack of opportunity within certain areas of the community, that's a very interesting comment indeed.

While opportunity will never be completely fair across the board, part of ensuring optimum opportunity for your children involves financial stability. This is a hallmark of the responsible parent.

Do you want him to sell his kids off if he's struggling? I'm sure he might change things he's done in his earlier life if he had the chance. But what good is telling him "looks like things haven't gone perfectly for you, eh?" now when he's currently in a pinch?

Lot of people living perfect lives in this thread.

I’m saying this current predicament isn’t anything exceptional in the current climate, and in comparison to others (factoring in his future earning potential) he is actually far better off than most.

Why is there this advanced assumption of ignorance? If he had one kid and was struggling I could understand, but he has had 4! Each time he has conceived another he’d have a greater understanding of how much kids cost you, and yet he has continued to do so.

I think on the whole things have worked out exceptionally well for him, and a 40k cut for one year is hardly going to wreck him and his family.

The one with alledged gambling and substance issues that was potentially lucky that his brush with the law wasn't as detrimental to his life as it could have been.

The one that has been allowed to continue being paid despite showing zero signs of being capable of fulfilling his employment contract, at least somewhat due to his own inability to live a perfect life and make poor decisions?

I wasn't aware that criticism of indigenous players was off the cards, yet those struggling with mental health weren't.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I wasn't aware that criticism of indigenous players was off the cards, yet those struggling with mental health weren't.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I was merely seeking the posters view on Beams to see if hypocrisy existed.

I'm not saying beams shouldn't be given help, just that people don't live perfect lives and sometimes need a hand.

I’m saying this current predicament isn’t anything exceptional in the current climate, and in comparison to others (factoring in his future earning potential) he is actually far better off than most.

Why is there this advanced assumption of ignorance? If he had one kid and was struggling I could understand, but he has had 4! Each time he has conceived another he’d have a greater understanding of how much kids cost you, and yet he has continued to do so.

I think on the whole things have worked out exceptionally well for him, and a 40k cut for one year is hardly going to wreck him and his family.

This isn't an either/or situation.

Society can help many people.

A lot of kids wouldnt be here if they thought like you.

You deal the cards you are dealt, you adapt, you love your kids.
You don’t ever make ita prerequisite to only have kids when you have mythical amount in mind to do so.

And this is part of the problem.

There are few education programs and no laws governing how many kids you can have, which creates these situations for the poor kids.

Too many parents have kids for the wrong reasons or have them without the capacity to take care of them.

And this is part of the problem.

There are few education programs and no laws governing how many kids you can have, which creates these situations for the poor kids.

Too many parents have kids for the wrong reasons or have them without the capacity to take care of them.
Let me get this right, you believe we need education and new laws to educate us and govern how many kids we have.?
Is that for all people in Australia or just what you deem is poor people?

Why should society have to help people who have chosen to have children when they don’t have the ability the take care of them?

Don’t have kids if you don’t have the means to do so.

Apologise, I now realise you have a fundamentally different world view, somewhere in the eugenics/ libertarian area, and we won't ever agree.

I do hope you and your family never need anything, from education and emergency services to a government funded pension.

So, Marlon due to no fault of his own, is deemed not to have the ability to take care of his kids.You say he needs educating?
Maybe we could organise for the children to be re-homed to a more suitable and more financially stable household :drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologise, I now realise you have a fundamentally different world view, somewhere in the eugenics/ libertarian area, and we won't ever agree.

I do hope you and your family never need anything, from education and emergency services to a government funded pension.
Ya, totally different world view.
imo it could be construed as White Privilidge

Let me get this right, you believe we need education and new laws to educate us and govern how many kids we have.?
Is that for all people in Australia or just what you deem is poor people?

Education is definitely necessary. Laws would be ideal, but in reality had to administer as you’re projecting over a long period of time.

I use the term ‘poor kids’ compassionately. They shouldn’t have to suffer because of the average choices of their parents.

So, Marlon due to no fault of his own, is deemed not to have the ability to take care of his kids.You say he needs educating?

Anyone wanting to have kids should have some education and shown the basic cost of having a child.

Education is definitely necessary. Laws would be ideal, but in reality had to administer as you’re projecting over a long period of time.

I use the term ‘poor kids’ compassionately. They shouldn’t have to suffer because of the average choices of their parents.

Anyone wanting to have kids should have some education and shown the basic cost of having a child.
You are on scary person.
Remind me of the Mission people, think you know how people should live.

That old chestnut.

‘Society should not only allow me to have 4 children, my 4 children should be supported if/when I fall on hard times.’

You can’t have your cake and eat it to.

If you decide to have a big family you should understand the implications of doing so, and realise the impact if you do run into financial trouble.

Last edited:
He applied to the AFL hardship fund.
He was due to earn 85k this year but that's been effectively halved and he's got 4 kids to support in a new city.

If this happened every year or in an attempt to manipulate the rules it's dodgy, but in these once in a lifetime circumstances that isn't the case here, it's a guy in a unique first time situation desperately trying to support his family, and the club doing it's best to help him out.

Some perspective please...
Has he tried to get a job while being stood down from footy? Has he done anything? I'm sure he isn't the only person with 4 kids who is getting paid $40,000 or less.....

Or just sits on his ass with hand out for money?

Amount of complaint from AFL campaigners is astonishing.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

That old chestnut.

‘Society should not only allow me to have 4 children, my 4 children should be supported if/when I fall on hard times.’

You can’t have your cake and eat it to.

If you decide to have a big family you should understand the implications of doing so, and have to realise the impact if you do run into financial trouble.
Are you Richard Pusey?

Plenty of other people out there struggling with even less atm. Someone show him how to make a budget and then tell him to live within his means for a bit.

Or his partner could go get a job, or he could go get a 2nd job.

Personal responsibility for their decisions.

Has he tried to get a job while being stood down from footy? Has he done anything? I'm sure he isn't the only person with 4 kids who is getting paid $40,000 or less.....

Or just sits on his ass with hand out for money?

Amount of complaint from AFL campaigners is astonishing.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Perhaps he more sensibly went to his current employer and industry first? This is probably the outcome of that before any next steps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back