Racing May Daily Thread - Melham’s Multi Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
While may have a laugh at owners not accepting the HK offer at least the thing is racing and not off elsewhere or to the breeding barn (not that's an option for K).

Australian racing probably needs more talented geldings
Like someone said before that did reek of a barrier trial.

It will be winning bigger and better races in the future, and no chance I’d be jumping off backing it after that last run where it had no favours

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It probably didn’t even affect its run tbh

It just got way too far back and at EF it’s tough to win chasing 8 lengths no matter how good you are, looking at the replay it was actually a massive run from it, especially down the straight

Was the reason I couldn’t believe someone would plonk 11k on it, cos it’s an absolute shite venue to punt at

What do they start with on Get On? Do they just keep betting no matter what? What's the highest they've got to before it has lost?

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What do they start with on Get On? Do they just keep betting no matter what? What's the highest they've got to before it has lost?
500 pot (100 each to start with) I think

Mate of mine who has watched it religiously in the past said with Gator they got it too 30k-40k or something previously, but I may be wrong?

No idea if they lost it, or cashed out someone in here would know

not going to let you go with this. You tipped in the tout a couple of starts ago!!

Yup. Thought it would appreciate the drop in class but needs even easier!! Fact remains 12 starts ago I declared it would never win another race and have been proven correct despite it starting single figures every time and fave 5 times!

While may have a laugh at owners not accepting the HK offer at least the thing is racing and not off elsewhere or to the breeding barn (not that's an option for K).

Australian racing probably needs more talented geldings

nah geldings are crabs and just weaken the breed. HK is full of them and their racing is garbage

And people aren’t going to be going out of their way (if they could) to see a Frank Packer Plate winner

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
nah geldings a crabs and just weaken the breed.

And people aren’t going to be going out of their way (if they could) to see a Frank Packer Plate winner
The problem is any talented colt rarely makes it past 3

If we want genuine WFA horses will only come via mares and geldings, which on reflection is prob what has been the case here for the last 30 years when you consider our best horses

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Just tail Hutch’s Honkers tips what can go wrong?

Expert tipster over there all of a sudden apparently
I think he spent a few years there so has some knowledge of the jurisdiction. Not sure if that translates to being a good tipster though.

When you think of it HK with its shallow depth, racing on only 2 tracks with limited number of jocks and basically going around and around against one another, should make it one of the more predictable racing venues for punters.

Should....

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he spent a few years there so has some knowledge of the jurisdiction. Not sure if that translates to being a good tipster though.

When you think of it HK with its shallow depth, racing on only 2 tracks with limited number of jocks and basically going around and around against one another, should make it one of the more predictable racing venues for punters.

Should....
Yeah I saw he did spend some time there, but whenever I’ve seen his tips they have been garbage

In his defense it’s a shocking punting jurisdiction.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would be Un-Australian to throw s**t at someone having a go.

I'd have taken the 3mil and run but good on the owners for giving him a go and hoping for the best. Good for Aus racing if he takes the steps required.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone think that Byrne's ride on Vega 1 was a bit soft?

Was going ok - not sure he was fully riding it out and then Niccanova cut Vega1's running line out anyway - and it looked like he was happy to pull him up a bit

Have feeling Gollan is playing silly buggers .... yet it is still under 10s for the Straddie?

Wouldn't be surprised if it all of a suddenly grew a leg in 2 weeks time ...... with 52 kg

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Would be Un-Australian to throw s**t at someone having a go.

I'd have taken the 3mil and run but good on the owners for giving him a go and hoping for the best. Good for Aus racing if he takes the steps required.

It's got 14 owners and while they'd all have different percentages it is not quite like winning tattslotto by selling it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is there a reason Kem has been kept to 6F this prep? To my eye it can't sprint sharply enough and is better placed at 1400

Was thinking this morning and came up with it's logical prep as Straddie was always the GF. They may even be concerned he's showing signs of further and sprint trips keeps speed in his legs for the eventual straddie.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol I'm looking at the tips on Punters and they're tipping $20+ pops in Sha Tin today, is it that much of a raffle?
Yes it’s bad

Only way you can play it there atm is just back Teetan, Schofield or Poon on a 10+ pop and you have a good chance of getting a couple across the card and ending up

Playing Magic Man or Purton will bankrupt you atm, there just under the odds on anything they jump on

anabac

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
banana boat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
500 pot (100 each to start with) I think

Mate of mine who has watched it religiously in the past said with Gator they got it too 30k-40k or something previously, but I may be wrong?

No idea if they lost it, or cashed out someone in here would know

Yeah that was last year or the year before when gator went huge. From memory, most of the money came from a Ken Keys horse at long odds.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah he tipped that Al Passem at large odds and also had it in a multi with something else.

Won like $38k in one go.

If you religiously copied their bets you would be in front.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Remember he pulled Kenedna at 26s during the championships too last year

He had an unbelievable run at one point

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes it’s bad

Only way you can play it there atm is just back Teetan, Schofield or Poon on a 10+ pop and you have a good chance of getting a couple across the card and ending up

Playing Magic Man or Purton will bankrupt you atm, there just under the odds on anything they jump on
Teetan and schofield usually good for a winner or two

The problem is any talented colt rarely makes it past 3

If we want genuine WFA horses will only come via mares and geldings, which on reflection is prob what has been the case here for the last 30 years when you consider our best horses

Genuine WFA horses are generally already at stud - if you have a whole bunch of geldings and mares dominating at WFA it suggests you probably aren't seeing the cream of the crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back