Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

So much boring stuff. Checked out new Revenge and not feeling it. Not sure you can do that sort of metal with clean production. No wonder I just stick to my same 10 or so bands.

Enjoying it. Drumming is mental per usual. Good in the gym.

Reading that Metal Blade has used different masters on the MF/KD vinyl reissues for Europe and America. Apparently the European pressed ones have the ‘right’ audio. Some posters on ROD are not happy. I wonder why MB would do this. Assume cd is the same. Think Utopia has the US pressings. I don’t need any but if you are, perhaps try and get the Euro pressing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the mood for The Cult, might get through Love and Electric this week. Duffy is a criminally underrated guitarist.

Another good band. Like the late 80s era hard rock. Think I have some of the later cds but never really listened to them.

Another good band. Like the late 80s era hard rock. Think I have some of the later cds but never really listened to them.

You'll enjoy them live, once we're out of this. The early stuff is a post-punk/gothic/new romantic style (we've all heard She Sells Sanctuary plenty of times), it's from Electric (third album) where they moved completely into hard rock.

You'll enjoy them live, once we're out of this. The early stuff is a post-punk/gothic/new romantic style (we've all heard She Sells Sanctuary plenty of times), it's from Electric (third album) where they moved completely into hard rock.
Yep, the cult are great - both love and electric are amazing.
Stuff before and after that a bit hit and miss, but some good stuff in there.
Funny to think of what might have happened if billy duffy stayed with morrissey (smiths) instead of leaving manchester (and morrissey meeting johnny marr etc)

First person I've ever seen that likes that 'elements'!
Love their first two (and enjoyed their comeback), but never clicked with elements - losing the steve flynn was just too big a blow for me to get over at the time.
Well i listened to 'Elements' before anything else from Atheist. I like all their stuff to be honest. Not sure how i'd rank them but ive probably listened to Elements and Piece of Time more than their other 2

Just listening to some ancient s**t this week, the Martyr album goes alright..

MARTYR For the Universe [1985].jpg PHANTOM Dead or Alive [1987].jpg

Might check out this Michael Jordan documentary everyone's carrying on about shortly

Stargazer and Macabre Omen on evening stroll. Borknagar now just because it was the first cd I grabbed. Not sure about the clean vocals - think most of the clean vocals in extreme metal suck. Most of them cannot sing and many have that similar vanilla sounding voice. However, musically it is enjoyable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back