PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they talking full BC with PS4? What would be the point of selling games as new that can already run on the console?

Good point, I keep forgetting about BC since Sony keeps being vague about it. I may be wrong, but I think the last word on it was "select exclusives". Which is s**t.

Good point, I keep forgetting about BC since Sony keeps being vague about it. I may be wrong, but I think the last word on it was "select exclusives". Which is s**t.
The last quote was that they had confirmed about 100 titles out of the PS4's game catalogue that had been tested.

I believe (having seen a PS5 dev kit in action with a PS4 title - with zero modifications needed) that 99% of games will "just work".

They just want to be sure before stating full BC I suppose.

There are a few fanciful rumours, but that's about it. If any are true then it's not even being made by Naughty Dog and won't be until next year at the earliest.

Sony have said the October PS5 release date was a mistake but they have already confirmed it will holidays this year. They won't launch it in December so that only leaves November lol. We'd know if there were any big launch exclusives by now imo. I think it will be similar to PS4 launch - a few yearly release games like the FIFA and CoD types, Valhalla and a few "upgrades" like TLOU2 and Cyberpunk. Maybe even Ghost of Tsushima as wasn't some earlier gameplay footage said to had been running on PS5 hardware?
Nothing fanciful about it, whether the game in question will be uncharted or a new ip, the new studio's game will be in the launch window

The launch titles will be relatively underwhelming imo. I don't think the development windows line up for any of the big releases. We'll get some solid, 'smaller' games, a handful of big name optimised ports, and a road map of true AAA exclusives that will drop over the next two years.

The launch titles will be relatively underwhelming imo. I don't think the development windows line up for any of the big releases. We'll get some solid, 'smaller' games, a handful of big name optimised ports, and a road map of true AAA exclusives that will drop over the next two years.
I recon Sony will have a massive game on launch. They have been killing it with AAA exclusives so why would you not drop 1 at launch that is quality?
They could have easily held TLOU2 over if required but haven’t.

Nintendo showed that 1 amazing game will move a new console so recon they have something they have been keeping quite.

I recon Sony will have a massive game on launch. They have been killing it with AAA exclusives so why would you not drop 1 at launch that is quality?
They could have easily held TLOU2 over if required but haven’t.

Nintendo showed that 1 amazing game will move a new console so recon they have something they have been keeping quite.

We would know by now though if it were one of their major studios. Even if Sony and the developers were tight lipped there would be plenty of breadcrumbs around. Might get a Knack level title again. PS4 was pretty bland on launch while the Xbox One had Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 and it didn't mean much in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh launch H:ZD on Windows just to suck them all into the game and then release the highly anticipated sequel as an exlusive launch title. Genius.

Epic exclusive.

I couldn't get into Horizon, might give it another go but I found it boring.

I think quite a few people found the start boring. I know I did. Wasn't really until the first city did the game open up.

I'll probably start Horizon again for the third time once I'm done with SOTTR

Son just got the Plat for Horizon, was so good having a little play again now and then while he was doing it. Maybe yeh, a slow burn to start, but once map is opened up a bit more, when you get different weapons is great fun. And they still need to make a movie/TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back