AEW Double or Nothing 2, Sunday May 24th, 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

also Moxley vs Cage at Fyter Fest. Date TBA.
I dont like how these new people come in and just thrust to the front of the line straight away flesh them out abit

The rankings AEW do are the most pointless s**t ever does anyone actually pay any attention to them

Excellent PPV, excellent show, excellent product, AEW delivers once again. :D

There may have been a few minor hiccups along the way but it was thoroughly sports entertaining from start to finish. :thumbsu:

I enjoyed it. They did well considering it was an empty area show.

I really liked the Moxley vs Lee match.

The Shida match was solid. I’m glad she won.

I hope when the TNT title is finished it looks a lot better. Disappointing they didn’t go with the black strap.

The Statlander vs Ford and the Dustin vs Spears matches were missable.

Last edited:
Emi Sakura’s reaction to Shida’s win...

A bit nice. The wrestling world needs a bit of good news like this right now.

that's "AEW Superstar Emi Sakura" to the Gatoh Move faithful. They had a moment of silence for Hana before last night's Chocopro youtube show, and Asuka aka Veny (not WWE Asuka) delivered a tribute speech afterwards.

I thought it was a decent but unspectacular event. Really enjoyed Rhodes/Archer and the stampede. Was disappointed by the ladder match, and the rest felt like filler leading up to the event and lived up to that, which is fair enough given the circumstances.

Whilst I really enjoyed the stampede, I wasn’t a fan of putting a joke spot about drowning in the same show they mention Shad Gaspard. Straight out of the Vinnie Mac school of appropriateness.

I've just finished watching the show now. There's been a lot of skippable crap, but I think the 3 matches that sold the show were all pretty solid, so I wouldn't have too many complaints.

My random observation was about the ad for the AEW figures. I still have a couple of boxes full of the old WWE Jakks Pacific Classic figures - I wasn't a completionist by any stretch, I just loved getting the men and women that were my favourites from the 80s and 90s, cos I thought that packaging was tremendous. But I haven't bought a wrestling figure in over 10 years.

Seeing this ad - have wrestling figures just gotten that much better, or have AEW found a partner that's raised the bar? Despite not having bought a figure in over 10 years, and despite them not even being my favourite guys in the company, the Kenny and Lucha Bros figures look so ******* good I'd be tempted to buy them.

Whilst I really enjoyed the stampede, I wasn’t a fan of putting a joke spot about drowning in the same show they mention Shad Gaspard. Straight out of the Vinnie Mac school of appropriateness.
TBF it probably was recorded before Shad's passing though in retrospect could have been editted out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres no way that Cage isnt on the juice or something.

Actually looks a bit smaller than before to me which I think is good. Was just ridiculous in LU and Impact (but did still move well and work hard). Ladder match was ok til the completely unnecessary interference from everyone else later on. There was already enough going on and it didn't add a thing.

MJF and Jungle Boy match amazing to me. Could make an argument that it was the best standard mach on the card.

Cody and Lance was solid enough. Didn't need Tyson's fake looking Cody cheering in the chair. Just looked s**t but liked his spot stopping Jake bringing the snake out.

Shida winning was a nice moment. Match was good enough. Nyla does well for someone so large and inexperienced.

Mox v Lee average. Not bad but not memorable either. Lee's new attire still looks s**t. FFS just let him be all black with a small DO logo and looser pants. Would make him look half bad ass rather than silly. Felt embarrassed for him and I shouldn't.

Spears v Dustin also silly and unnecessary. Not sure what that was supposed to do for anyone or even needed to be on the card.

Stampede was a bit wacky at times but overall fun. Event as a whole enjoyable and AEW did a reasonable job of giving it something of a special big event feel which isn't easy in the current restrictions. Will take that any day over the dead feel of WrestleMania.

Man people whinge about WWE but this was pretty damn ordinary.

Felt very cringe with Cody winning a belt and Dustin getting a win. The people that whinge about WWE will overlook AEW using guys that are well past it like Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy in prominent spots, I know Jericho is different but even still.

Felt very cringe with Cody winning a belt and Dustin getting a win. The people that whinge about WWE will overlook AEW using guys that are well past it like Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy in prominent spots, I know Jericho is different but even still.
How is Dustin Rhodes well past it when he had match of the year (and the best match in his whole career) just last year?

The difference between the 2 is the WWE are a company that is decades old and has a pathway set up for the ages yet still does it, while AEW just hit 12 months old, still building its stars.

Oh and all of those guys aren’t passed it.

My thoughts:

No.1 contender tag match was ok. Good tribute spot to Shad and Cryme Time from Private Party.

Ladder match was alright. lol'd at Orange Cassidy asking the announce team what a ladder match is, Brian Cage tore through everyone which was good. I'm guessing in storyline because Darby wouldn't listen to Taz, Taz brought Cage to AEW to stop Darby winning that match?

MJF vs Jungle Boy was better than I expected. MJF is more known for his promos than his wrestling but did well here.

Cody vs Archer was ok, Mike Tyson's brain must be really damaged, He was yawning 1 minute, then jumping up and down the next. Happy that Cody can make the TNT title important. He's not in the main event and can't get world title shots so people can quit whining about him being the next gen Triple H.

Statlander vs Ford was filler, Britt Baker obviously injured. Dustin Rhodes vs Spears had 1 weeks build and it clearly showed.

Shida vs Rose was good, glad that Shida won.

Mox vs Lee was ok, liked the stage spot, the blade etc.

The stadium stampede was highly creative. The 100 yard suplex's, the bar room brawl, the lake of re-incarnation, the bell ringing in Ortiz head and him selling it haha, Sammy running away from the horse and the golf cart. The finish was crazy as well.

Banning crowds has hurt wrestling, but it has forced companies to become more creative. The Graveyard match, the fire fly fun house, the rat race wwe HQ ladder match, the stadium stampede, the Being the Elite youtube gauntlet battle royal, Matt vs Nick Jackson on BTE, War Raiders vs Street Profits basketball and hammer throw, (I won't include Ciampa vs Gargano and Edge vs Orton because they were both long and boring brawls). Some of these things have been hit, miss or somewhere in between, But I appreciate the effort.

Last edited:
Your blind patriotism to this company makes me so happy. Please never change. I really mean it. Makes me wish BF was around to see how people would defend WCW in 2000.

Unpopular Opinion: Other than the IC title from 2011 to 2019, non-black strapped belts look awful

You do realise that overall the PPV has had a pretty decent reception yeah?

Your blind patriotism to this company makes me so happy. Please never change. I really mean it. Makes me wish BF was around to see how people would defend WCW in 2000.
People want a wrestling landscape where there is competition, and not a monopoly. Because it makes everyone better.

The Tyson appearance got them some publicity even on news.com.au and Foxsports.com.au sites. He’s appearing on Dynamite this week as well.
Thats funny. I wonder How much TK paid him because he hasnt done jack for promoting AEW
he was borderline bored watching it last night you can see the camera spams to him a few times and hes not even phased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back