Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Idiots. Although I've heard bosses do the opposite and say men do nothing of value etc. Just shut up either way. Not impressing anyone anyway and people just want to go about their lives without a bullshit tokenist ceremony.

Ceremony is a part of how we mark important times in our lives. How we show we are part of each other's lives.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol, comparing Eddie Maguire who is known by 90% of the population, to this lady who's barely known beyond the BF feminism thread. If she was a high profile person, she would've been hammered, but she's not, so there's no interest. End of
Yes, so easy for people of your ilk to simply disregard this as an issue on the basis she's not high profile.

Took a look at my Twitter account, and lo and behold, guess what was trending:
Screenshot_20200524-140549.jpg

As a point of comparison, Clementine has 133K followers, whilst Dan Andrews (the Victorian State Premier) has 181K followers.

It is scary to think that someone with such hatred toward 50% of the population has a platform from which to espouse those disgraceful views.

Bottom line is, she is hardly a nobody...

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes, so easy for people of your ilk to simply disregard this as an issue on the basis she's not high profile.

Took a look at my Twitter account, and lo and behold, guess what was trending:
View attachment 880409
As a point of comparison, Clementine has 133K followers, whilst Dan Andrews (the Victorian State Premier) has 181K followers.

It is scary to think that someone with such hatred toward 50% of the population has a platform from which to espouse those disgraceful views.

Bottom line is, she is hardly a nobody...
Again a ridiculous comparison. Dan Andrews is on national media daily. She's a Twittersphere operator only, has been smashed on twitter, rescinded and apologized. Do you really think newspapers and TV stations would give air to this story?

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is fine :fire:

EYsAcx2U4AADyZ8
She’s trolling but the bigger concern for me is that she has a following and people think she has anything useful to contribute. She just trots out bitter, far left, group identity based tropes.

I saw one politician criticise what she said but comment that she was important in the fight against domestic violence. No, she couldn’t be doing more to set back the fight against domestic violence if she tried. She’s basically the Pete Evans of feminism.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
She’s trolling but the bigger concern for me is that she has a following and people think she has anything useful to contribute. She just trots out bitter, far left, group identity based tropes.

I saw one politician criticise what she said but comment that she was important in the fight against domestic violence. No, she couldn’t be doing more to set back the fight against domestic violence if she tried. She’s basically the Pete Evans of feminism.

Yeah I was thinking maybe the Bettina Arndt of feminism. Except Bettina has been publicly discredited. Clem still enjoys public funding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can't think of several people who have been consequenced for making stupid statements?
I can't think of a male who operates almost exclusively on social media, who made a tasteless sexist joke and was consequenced via front page news and the lead tv news story for a week. As per the initial claim of hypocrisy from Fadge. Can you?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I can't think of a male who operates almost exclusively on social media, who made a tasteless sexist joke and was consequenced via front page news and the lead tv news story for a week. As per the initial claim of hypocrisy from Fadge. Can you?

Didn't Israel Folau lose his job for posting homophobic stuff on social media?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Israel Folau is an international sportstar recognised globally by 100s of millions. He's in a different stratosphere to her.

We can confine it to non-celebrities even, and find people who have experienced consequences from the s**t they posted on Twitter.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Probably. She copped her whack on Twitter. Daily Mail and Herald Sun have written about it. But to suggest it deserves a week in the news is ridonkulous.

Maybe if you group all the other times she's made similar comments. This ones probably only getting attention because she mentioned the coronavirus.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn't Israel Folau lose his job for posting homophobic stuff on social media?

His income depends on sponsors really though, that’s the big difference.

Yeah I was thinking maybe the Bettina Arndt of feminism. Except Bettina has been publicly discredited. Clem still enjoys public funding.

What public funding does old mate Clem get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back