Preview AFL Reboot 2020 - football to resume June 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In some ways this might be the best round to face GWS in Sydney. It's probably going to be a measure of which clubs have had the better self-training regimes while on lockdown and how psychologically prepared they are. There seems to be a good feel at the club now and if Shaw can galvanise the lads in the next fortnight, we should be a good show against the AFL lovechild.

We’re playing each team once so no real difference if we play GWS now or in Rd 17. A good side wouldn’t be phased who they play or where. Bring it on.

This is absolutely spot on. A real club with real supporters v a plastic franchise who shat themselves on the biggest stage last year. It's time our boys stood up.

We’re playing each team once so no real difference if we play GWS now or in Rd 17. A good side wouldn’t be phased who they play or where. Bring it on.
This is absolutely spot on. A real club with real supporters v a plastic franchise who shat themselves on the biggest stage last year. It's time our boys stood up.

A lot of people saying that as we play everyone once, the comp is more even... But the big question is - where do you play everyone once?

If we play, GSW in Sydney, WC in Perth and Brisbane up Nth - while Tiges and Pies play at the G every weekend & the Cats are in G'town, I would not call that an even draw.

Let's see how this plays out.... Aside from playing in Tassie, we don't have a great home ground advantage... Unless we played at Arden Street!

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of people saying that as we play everyone once, the comp is more even... But the big question is - where do you play everyone once?

If we play, GSW in Sydney, WC in Perth and Brisbane up Nth - while Tiges and Pies play at the G every weekend & the Cats are in G'town, I would not call that an even draw.

Let's see how this plays out.... Aside from playing in Tassie, we don't have a great home ground advantage... Unless we played at Arden Street!
Arden Street = Marvel dimensions; so no advantage there.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

There's no crowds. Takes out most of the advantage.

Our blokes have played like they expect to lose when they step outside of Melbourne for too long. That needs to end.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Are our blokes going up early to get on the ground and familiarize?

BTW, how the * is this a "coincidence"?

1590362861131.png

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In some ways this might be the best round to face GWS in Sydney. It's probably going to be a measure of which clubs have had the better self-training regimes while on lockdown and how psychologically prepared they are. There seems to be a good feel at the club now and if Shaw can galvanise the lads in the next fortnight, we should be a good show against the AFL lovechild.

Yep, rather them with a bit of rust.

Would also hope that teams would be thinking, *, I don’t really want to go to War against Cunnington, Anderson, Ziebell and a bunch of kids who don’t mind dishing out a bit of smackdown, first up from a spell.

Arden Street = Marvel dimensions; so no advantage there.

Our blokes have played like they expect to lose when they step outside of Melbourne for too long. That needs to end.
It's more than dimensions and crowds - although they are big factors. Wind, exposure to the elements with stands and varying conditions also play a part too.

Just being in a familiar environment, having your routine and not having to travel are big factors at the moment - particularly for players with families.

Travelling in the current climate will be a bit weird. I travel a lot for work - the first time I go to an airport and get on a plane again will be weird. Players are people too. It will be somewhat unsettling first time around. If given the choice, I'd rather play where I go to work everyday rather than be in a foreign environment. It will be a new experience and more taxing mentally than usual.

Of course you'd travel, but there's still definitely a home ground advantage. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the changed circumstances of the new season format.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Our interstate record very poor. Time for Scamper and the lads to change that.

Yep, bring it on.

( Still s***s me that Rich. Coll. & prolly Geel. will get an armchair ride though )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Geelong playing all their games at GMHBA stadium! Surely not true, what an advantage
Wouldn't that advantage only favour the big vic clubs like hawthorn? we have to play Geelong at GHMBA every year?
I feel like that is more even for all teams except Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back