WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Putting it out there, I reckon they're angling for all the belts on Charlotte within the next year.
200.gif

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Forgotten sons gimmick can g&gf. Hate that USA USA respect the troops crap.
You chose a profession as a soldier, got paid doing it, and now return, chip on shoulder, wanting "recognition". Same Yay we heart military heroes junk is creeping in here (Australia) as well.

Yeah it's wrestling, but don't want to watch that garbage

Without following intently the last 2 months, I assumed they were a Sons of Anarchy gimmick. Was wondering where their motorcycles were

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
You chose a profession as a soldier, got paid doing it, and now return, chip on shoulder, wanting "recognition". Same Yay we heart military heroes junk is creeping in here (Australia) as well.

Yeah it's wrestling, but don't want to watch that garbage
Ryker and and Cutler are both USMC
Can't find if Blake has a military background

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Need more of that vintage "Real American" heroics IMO, like Hulkamaniac head-butting the Russian Flag before fighting Nikolai Volkov in the 1980s. More hokey and exaggerated racial stereotypes please, lke a vaguely-asian wrestler who rocks up in hazmat suit. Finishing move could be a cough into their elbow followed by a sleeper hold. Cut a promo in the mens toilet then walk to the ring without washing their hands. This s**t writes itself, how easy is it.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Cesaro heading to raw? Not used last two weeks on smackdown.

It wont happen but would be good if he was the or one of the smackdown hackers

Dave Meltzer with his aew good wwe bad boner again

Orton vs edge spot at mania with the weight machine scummiest promotion spot of the year how dare they do the Chris Benoit thing in poor taste

Aew
Put shads name over the ocean then later on have someone “drown” face down in water saying he’s dead a few days after a wrestler drowns saving his sons life

Dave umm well umm I didn’t see anything wrong with that

Orton vs edge spot at mania with the weight machine scummiest promotion spot of the year how dare they do the Chris Benoit thing in poor taste

Aew
Put shads name over the ocean then later on have someone “drown” face down in water saying he’s dead a few days after a wrestler drowns saving his sons life

I'll quote dave verbatim from the F4W/WO Board:
"The inability to differentiate between comedy and serious is quite the minority view. To then take that as WWE vs. AEW is just amazing. Don't be paranoid at that level."

"It's fair to be offended by it. I didn't think about it for one second, made no connection. the people who used that to jump on AEW vs. WWE are so deep in the forest at this point that my mind spins.

If they are offended, they have the right. That would never be my issue. But comedy is very different from violence. I even think the part about him floating probably shouldn't have been done even as comedy in hindsight, but it never occurred to me watching it.

But once you talk AEW vs. WWE, it's so clear an agenda."

anyway, let's just enjoy the shows and make our own judgments without having to rely on others to validate our viewpoint.

Flapjacks

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
"The inability to differentiate between comedy and serious is quite the minority view. To then take that as WWE vs. AEW is just amazing. Don't be paranoid at that level."

"It's fair to be offended by it. I didn't think about it for one second, made no connection. the people who used that to jump on AEW vs. WWE are so deep in the forest at this point that my mind spins.

If they are offended, they have the right. That would never be my issue. But comedy is very different from violence. I even think the part about him floating probably shouldn't have been done even as comedy in hindsight, but it never occurred to me watching it.

anyway, let's just enjoy the shows and make our own judgments without having to rely on others to validate our viewpoint.

Good quote. At the time i didn't even think about it, i was too engrossed in what i was watching and crying in laughter seeing the different versions of Matt.

Can understand why some might be offended by it though.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham

Aew

Who died?

No in real life. The post said a wrestler drowned saving his son
Shad gaspard from cryme Tyme drowned at the beach life guards swam out but he told them to save his son first as they came back for him a wave hit him and washed him away

So aew thought it was a good idea to put his tribute over the ocean and waves

Then later on in the ppv had a wrestler “drown” mind you this is like less than a week since the tragedy

Meltzer and co thinks it’s fine yet the orton/edge thing is scummy and in poor taste about a legit s**t person over a decade later

Mate he looks to criticise wwe for things all the time yet anything remotely similar by aew he either ignores or white washes

Wwe doing raw live and having mania loads and loads of him shitting on it and risking life’s

Aew going back live and doing double or nothing praise

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
After making some appearances as enhancement talent for WWE, Deonna Purrazzo was chosen to perform at All In in 2018. However, shortly after being listed on the card, WWE made her a contract offer and she joined NXT instead of performing at All In.

But Purrazzo wasn't used much by WWE during her two years in NXT. She was asked if WWE signed her just because she was announced for All In when she joined The Wrestling Inc Daily podcast.

"Yes, and I probably said that to some of the wrong people in NXT," admitted Purrazzo. But I 100 percent feel like me being announced for All In… this culminated in, 'she's gonna go somewhere else and do something good with other people' so we're gonna bring her here. If they had done something with me, then that would have been fine. But I feel that in the last year or two with AEW, [WWE] tended to be hoarding. Talent wasn't being released but so much talent was being brought in that I suffered from so many women coming in and then we're all from the same background.
In addition to NXT bringing in lots of female talent all at one, Purrazzo says the creative ideas she pitched weren't received favorably or even at all.

"It just fell on deaf ears because the attention wasn't for me to be a Superstar. It was just maybe to take me off the table," stated Purrazzo.

She then talked about the culture at NXT and if other talents had similar frustrations to what she had.

"I really felt the culture was 'you should be grateful for what you have and don't ask for more.' Maybe before I got to NXT there was a procedure where you came in, you learned, you waited and then maybe a year or two you'd be put on TV," said Purrazzo. "But when I started, there was women that came from the indies and were successful so it's like, I'm not gonna sit around and wait. I'm not gonna twiddle my thumbs and be happy I have a job at NXT.
I'm gonna push the boundaries and push you to do more with me.

"I know I felt that way and there's a ton of people who felt that way.
Ultimately, when all of these releases happened it was the people voicing frustration and maybe the idea that they didn't wanna be here anymore if nothing was gonna happen. Maybe being released was the best option and I think that was the case with a lot of people that ended up being released."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back