Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We play 4 of our first 5 games at Marvel, so I am a little bewildered by the whining.

You're bewildered by complaints that our 1st match was GWS up there and the round 3,4 & 5 venues hadn't yet been revealed?

I suspect you're regularly "bewildered" then.

I think Ahern makes it due to good ball use and versatility to play HBF and mid. Essentially is our 7th defender which allows us to not have to play Macmillan

Indications are a lot of the decision comes down to how good a shape he comes back in after a break from the club.

Not renowned as the most motivated of trainers so will be interesting to see.

I reckon he has a lot to offer, but some will adapt better to the circumstances than others. Not sure Paul is one of those who’d be best placed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm with you.

Ineffective v StKilda.

In: Bonar or Tyson
Out: Ahern

Murphy keeps his spot for now.
Daw will come in for Murphy absolute certainty. And play on himmelberg or finlayson

And if it’s down to Ahern vs Macmillan it’s no contest you take the player that can use it better and has the versatility

But tbh it might just be 1 week with Marley coming in for them the week after anyway

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think Ahern for Daw as only change pending unforeseen circumstances.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think Ahern for Daw as only change pending unforeseen circumstances.

If we do that we lose outside run, as Maj is strictly stay at home.

Can we afford to lose outside run v GWS when we were so badly exposed by StKilda in the first half of round 1?

I'm not ruling Maj out, but my hunch is that they will persist with Murphy.

Is Bailey fit? Maybe he will replace Ahern?

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're bewildered by complaints that our 1st match was GWS up there and the round 3,4 & 5 venues hadn't yet been revealed?

I suspect you're regularly "bewildered" then.

If they hadn’t been revealed yet, then maybe hold off on the moaning. You’re complaining about the location of one game, which is even worse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daw will come in for Murphy absolute certainty. And play on himmelberg or finlayson

And if it’s down to Ahern vs Macmillan it’s no contest you take the player that can use it better and has the versatility

But tbh it might just be 1 week with Marley coming in for them the week after anyway

A bit of a contradiction when Marley is a worse kick and has less versatility out of the 3.
I agree Marley will most likely come back in, but your argument makes no sense.

A bit of a contradiction when Marley is a worse kick and has less versatility out of the 3.
I agree Marley will most likely come back in, but your argument makes no sense.

That last bit has no bearing on the first

More so a statement that Marley will come back in round 3 and whichever of those 2 survive the chop for round 2 will likely be out the week after anyway

Ok so you don’t always play “the player who can use it better and has versatility” first?

Generally you do unless the player performs a role better ala Marley our best lock down defender

But to keep his seat warm for round 2 I’m choosing Ahern over Macmillan in that they are both the same defensively but Ahern is better offensively as the 7th defender who can also play mid if needed

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah there is no chance Wood plays off half back in round 2. He’s more chance to play forward and that’s not happening either.

Probably. There’s been no noise out of the club lately talking up Wood off half back and he was only just shifted there post season. It’s unlikely. I was just trying to figure out another attack minded defender to replace Ahern. Cupboards pretty bare though.

As Snake said we haven’t played up there in five years but we’ve also not lost at that ground FWIW

Also those saying its the best time to get them well Geelong said that before round 1 and GWS swept the floor with them

Don’t like our chances at all

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As Snake said we haven’t played up there in five years but we’ve also not lost at that ground FWIW

Also those saying its the best time to get them well Geelong said that before round 1 and GWS swept the floor with them

Don’t like our chances at all

If we put in a 1st half like we did against StKilda, and it isn't wet, then GWS by 44 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back