AEW Double or Nothing 2, Sunday May 24th, 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise that overall the PPV has had a pretty decent reception yeah?
Yes from what I have seen. Decent start, really slow middle and a decent ending. But my post meant was I love reading GWBogan 's posts. I would love to see if a promotion as truly terrible as 2000 WCW would get the same support.

I follow AEW tangently cause it has wrestlers I like. I have no opinion if the PPV was good or not

Yes from what I have seen. Decent start, really slow middle and a decent ending. But my post meant was I love reading GWBogan 's posts. I would love to see if a promotion as truly terrible as 2000 WCW would get the same support.

I follow AEW tangently cause it has wrestlers I like. I have no opinion if the PPV was good or not
2 really bad periods for me are.

ROH after they lost their New Japan and NWA partnerships, The Elite left and other wrestlers went to AEW or NXT (right before COVID happened)

TNA when Magnus was world champ and they had him, EC3, Robbie E, Jessie Godderz, Rockstar Spud and Dixie Carter all toe-kicking Sting and AJ Styles in the main events before they left the company.

Thats funny. I wonder How much TK paid him because he hasnt done jack for promoting AEW
he was borderline bored watching it last night you can see the camera spams to him a few times and hes not even phased.

Did you even read what you're quoting properly? The AEW event got an article in two places they would never get one otherwise no matter how good or bad the show was. All because of Tyson. Can't say 'he hasn't don't jack for promoting AEW'. That's just absolutely false.

I watched Stadium Stampede again this morning. Much like the WWE cinematic matches, I think it probably takes 2-3 watches to realise how creative, how funny, how damn good it was. This was a hilarious masterpiece that incorporated wrestling, action movies, westerns and football. What's not to love?

I may never see a "match" that was more creative, entertaining and full of easter eggs than Firefly Funhouse, but in ranking the cinematic matches I'd have this alongside Boneyard and in front of MITB.

Super enjoyable show.

Ladder match was decent, although I would have bee happier if Cafe came in, destroyed everybody and won. Felt his beatdown wasn't necessary.

MJF vs Jungle Boy was one of those mid-card classics between two talented, young workers. Excellent stuff from these two.

Cody vs Archer was great but was probably the match that suffered the most from the lack of crowd. I can imagine it absolutely going off with a live crowd there in Codys corner.

Slow middle as everybody was alluded to, although I am a bigger fan of Spears new heel role than the rest of you seemingly. His delivery and facials are very strong. Not sure why he needed to be a comedy heel act being destroyed here. I firmly believe he is good enough to at least be challenging for the TNT title at some point.

Womens title match was super solid. One of the better AEW womens matches in their existence.

Mox vs Lee was everything I hoped it would be. I actually want the feud to continue but I guess Mox moves on to Cage now.

Stadium stampede was pure entertainment and fun. Definitely memorable and one for future AEW highlights reels for sure.

How is Dustin Rhodes well past it when he had match of the year (and the best match in his whole career) just last year?

Match of the year? Wouldnt have thought so.

I really do hope AEW grows bigger because its the only thing that may get WWE to lift its game.

I just find it funny that a lot of people ( not just here) complain about WWE and how Goldberg UT Cena Etc get decent spots and the comment oh what is the point of them going over when AEW have just done the same thing with Hardy , Dustin and Jericho?

People bitch and moan about certain people in WWE get a golden run or hold belts etc well AEW still early days and we already have 3 members of the Elite Holding belts?

Super enjoyable show.

Ladder match was decent, although I would have bee happier if Cafe came in, destroyed everybody and won. Felt his beatdown wasn't necessary.

MJF vs Jungle Boy was one of those mid-card classics between two talented, young workers. Excellent stuff from these two.

Cody vs Archer was great but was probably the match that suffered the most from the lack of crowd. I can imagine it absolutely going off with a live crowd there in Codys corner.

Slow middle as everybody was alluded to, although I am a bigger fan of Spears new heel role than the rest of you seemingly. His delivery and facials are very strong. Not sure why he needed to be a comedy heel act being destroyed here. I firmly believe he is good enough to at least be challenging for the TNT title at some point.

Womens title match was super solid. One of the better AEW womens matches in their existence.

Mox vs Lee was everything I hoped it would be. I actually want the feud to continue but I guess Mox moves on to Cage now.

Stadium stampede was pure entertainment and fun. Definitely memorable and one for future AEW highlights reels for sure.
Shawn Spears will be out of wrestling by 2021.

I really do hope AEW grows bigger because its the only thing that may get WWE to lift its game.

I just find it funny that a lot of people ( not just here) complain about WWE and how Goldberg UT Cena Etc get decent spots and the comment oh what is the point of them going over when AEW have just done the same thing with Hardy , Dustin and Jericho?

People bitch and moan about certain people in WWE get a golden run or hold belts etc well AEW still early days and we already have 3 members of the Elite Holding belts?

Exactly, early days.

AEW have their own stars in the making like MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy, Luchasaurus etc plus a ton of guys who really weren’t given a shot elsewhere who are all growing every week that will take the company into the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to watch the stampede stadium brawl, damn it was good!

The missus grew up watching WCW in the late 90s, but has no interest in e sanitised wwe crap these days when I watch it.

But when I chucked this match on, she was hooked!

One other thing to add- my god JR makes me laugh. His comments are just so witty and good. He also does a master job at filling in blanks and covering on the fly when spots don’t go to plan.

I think the difference is that WWE is flushed with talent who can carry the company.

AEW doesn’t, they have a limited number of guys. Dustin in purely a part-time player and Matt Hardy along with Colt Cabana and Lance Archer are veterans who will help bolster the mid card / main event level.

Jericho has been one of the biggest reasons AEW is where it is today

Enjoyed the show.

Stampede and Ladder match were both good as was both men’s championship match’s.

Not a fan of the tnt title, looks plain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure Excalibur said it was still to have the gold plating done which will make it look a lot better. Question needs to be asked ‘ why didn’t you get it done in time’?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion only, AEW are pretty consistent with the quality of the weekly TV and PPV shows. Ranging from good- great. They still have some issues with the women’s division but it’s starting to sort itself out and I thought Nyla vs Shida was close to the best women’s match they’ve had ( low bar admittedly). I think it’s been a little underrated. Ladder match didn’t do it for me. When you open up with two members of SCU then why not one of them just climb the ladder. Stupid booking although they teased a Kaz/ Scorpio altercation. I think Kaz could be a really serious singles wrestler for AEW. Size, great on the mic, excellent in the ring, could play heel or face. MJF/ Jungle Boy was great, Mox/ Lee was an excellent match I thought as I wasn’t expecting much. Loved the spot through the staging, reminiscent of Taz/ Bam Bam in ECW. Cody match was overbooked and not great, even a little botchy.From the first camera shot of Tyson, if I was Khan I would have said ‘no more shots of Tyson’. Stampede match was killer. Loved Ortiz ( or was it Santana?) saying ‘I can’t swim’ and then gingerly climbing in via the pool ladder. Omega/ Sammy spot reminded me of Danzig/ Nick Mondo spot in CZW all those years ago.

It was good. Moxley vs Lee should've main evented. 10-man stadium match had far too much comedy to end a PPV.

If the Bucks and Omega quit AEW I probably wouldn't care. Went months without watching, do they ever do serious things?

Last edited:
I agree i think its time to split SCU up Kaz and Sky can do well on there own.

Daniels is in more of a backstage role for AEW anyway and i dont think he would care if he wasnt on TV much if at all.

maybe hold it off until the TV Title is slightly more established?

The Tyson appearance got them some publicity even on news.com.au and Foxsports.com.au sites. He’s appearing on Dynamite this week as well.

Hope the publicity was worth his price as he added jack s**t. Actually I hope it wasn't so they never ask him back.

Something I saw elsewhere which I have to mention for a laugh: They missed a trick when Santana was thrown into the ice freezer. It would have been hilarious if they had returned to it a little later and had him break out as.... Tito Santana!

Answering The 10 Count: Tito Santana | Ring the Damn Bell

Last edited:
Something I saw elsewhere which I have to mention for a laugh: They missed a trick when Santana was thrown into the ice freezer. It would have been hilarious if they had returned to it a little later and had him break out as.... Tito Santana!

View attachment 881365
Don’t be silly, they don’t serve tacos from an ice freezer. (Unless they’re those chocolate taco ice creams)

It was good. Moxley vs Lee should've main evented. 10-man stadium match had far too much comedy to end a PPV.

Get what you're saying but still if you're going to have the stampede match it has to go last. You can't follow that with anything. Or definitely not a title match they probably never wanted to do until virus restrictions threw a spanner in.

If the Bucks and Omega quit AEW I probably wouldn't care. Went months without watching, do they ever do serious things?

Feud leading up to then the tag match at Revolution. I'm not a fan of their silly crap either and find them all better as heels but again the restrictions set them on this whacky path of late. I'm confident they will cut a lot of it out in the coming months.

Last edited:
Get what you're saying but still if you're going to have the stampede match it has to go last. You can't follow that with anything. Or definitely not a title match they probably never wanted to do until virus restrictions threw a spanner in.

Feud leading up to then the tag match at Revolution. I'm not a fan of their silly crap either and find them all better as heels but again the restrictions set them on this whacky path of late. I'm confident they will cut a lot of it out in the coming months.

If Young Bucks are still doing comedy in 1-2 years when AEW's novelty is long gone I could see go away heat. They'll never drop down the card as EVPs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back