Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marley then Ahern then Macmillan

There's not a single person on this planet who would have guessed this.

I think you need to repeat it another 17 times now..............this week.

Then another 68 times next week.

I re-watched last years game yesterday and to be honest it was actually a really good hard physical fight. The GWS talls were absent for pretty much the whole game thanks to Tarrant and Scooter, and it was the mids breaking away from stoppages that won them the game. Their scores from stoppages were the difference and mummy was a big part of that. Without Higgins on the team last year they had Kennedy tagging Polec, assuming they want to do the same thing with Kennedy going to Hig andDe Boer to Cunners this year, we should have a few extra mid type players ready to win these stoppages: Anderson, Thomas, Simpkin, Ziebull, Dumont, Polec.

Umpire were also so awful at this game, 2 goals given to GWS to the first half: - Kicking in danger 30 out paid against Marley, Zac Williams threw his head back after a bump and they paid 50 against Simpkin for swearing. One they then over turned for us, Brown snap from 30 out - umpire called goal, score review said touched and could not show definitive proof.

..........it was the mids breaking away from stoppages that won them the game........

.....and our inability to "break away from the stoppages" due to De Boer having Cunnington in a bear hug.

you're right, the only issue was we didn't move Cunnington out to allow someone else to do his job.

We didn't have much in the way of options.

Higgins was missing and Jy was very quiet.

LDU was pretty good though (7 x clearances).

i was wrong, they moved cunners back in the last quarter, the damage was done at this point (and De Boer had already had his shoulder done). The whole team lost their momentum by the 4th quarter - entries into forward 50 were just bombing it in.

Its interesting you mention LDU - I actually felt like he was pretty quiet when watching. He wasn't as dangerous as you normally expect ball-in-hand.

i was wrong, they moved cunners back in the last quarter, the damage was done at this point (and De Boer had already had his shoulder done). The whole team lost their momentum by the 4th quarter - entries into forward 50 were just bombing it in.

Its interesting you mention LDU - I actually felt like he was pretty quiet when watching. He wasn't as dangerous as you normally expect ball-in-hand.

He got his hand on it, but his impact was negated.

We're going to need Higgo & Jy to have good games if we're going to be any chance.

People are very quick to overlook the first half of the St Kilda match in lieu of the second half.

I'm not so sure yet, those pre-season games are still burning in my mind. Talk of 4-1 starts are extremely premature.

People are very quick to overlook the first half of the St Kilda match in lieu of the second half.

I'm not so sure yet, those pre-season games are still burning in my mind.

WE deliver the same first half as the StKilda match against this mob, and the game will be over at half time. They will have an 8 goal lead.

Last edited:
Garner was v good in that game. Would love to see him playing with the same intensity in round 2.

Maybe then we do need Bonar in to assist with the clearances surely he would be extra up for it... so that would be daw and Bonar in for jmac and Murphy although yes that would mean maybe a def short.... so might have to be Anderson.... but I like him in giving relief to cunners but will need to be in middle if cunners if moves fwd to avoid the tag... it’s good to have options

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe then we do need Bonar in to assist with the clearances surely he would be extra up for it... so that would be daw and Bonar in for jmac and Murphy although yes that would mean maybe a def short.... so might have to be Anderson.... but I like him in giving relief to cunners but will need to be in middle if cunners if moves fwd to avoid the tag... it’s good to have options

I wouldn't be against it.

IMO, it would be more beneficial than taking a pure "outside cruiser" like Ahern.

MacMillan missing is an absurd notion. He was in our best 3 vs StKilda. If you're just a tZ alt account, then best you leg it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be against it.

IMO, it would be more beneficial than taking a pure "outside cruiser" like Ahern.

MacMillan missing is an absurd notion. He was in our best 3 vs StKilda. If you're just a tZ alt account, then best you leg it.

JMac in my opinion is a solid squad player but we have better players putting their hand up for rd2 in my opinion and I’m entitled to my opinion

JMac in my opinion is a solid squad player but we have better players putting their hand up for rd2 in my opinion and I’m entitled to my opinion

Best three?!

When was the last time you called for the dropping of a best three player?!

If you persist with this, then I cannot believe that you have any football judgement credibility.

Best three?!

When was the last time you called for the dropping of a best three player?!

If you persist with this, then I cannot believe that you have any football judgement credibility.

He was one of the better players against st Kilda correct and did a game saving smoother. He didn’t get any coaches votes across the best 7 players from either team. With the top three north being cunners Polec and goldy so others also don’t have him in their the top three either but yes he doesn’t always get the accolades he may deserve. But again if he is in your top 3 that’s fine too

He was one of the better players against st Kilda correct and did a game saving smoother. He didn’t get any coaches votes across the best 7 players from either team. With the top three north being cunners Polec and goldy so others also don’t have him in their the top three either but yes he doesn’t always get the accolades he may deserve. But again if he is in your top 3 that’s fine too

...........so you were saying?

JMac, as much as people love to hate him, is not going anywhere.

What's the point of assuming he's getting dropped.. in round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back