Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I wouldn't be putting money on him playing.

1590450906949.png

..........oops!

Not only are you a super coach junkie, you are also woefully bad at it.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daw for Murphy structurally, Bonar for Ahern is good too.

B: McDonald - Tarrant - Daw
HB: Pittard - Walker - Atley
C: Dumont - Cunnington - Polec
HF: Taylor - Larkey - Higgins
F: Ziebell - Brown - Zurhaar
R: Goldstein - Simpkin - Anderson
Int: Macmillan - Bonar - Thomas - Hall

This gives us flexibility in having blokes who can run through the middle and forward, and allows us to have Daw who will be important when the Giants eventually get on top for periods and will need to kick it in long once we set up a wall across the middle of the park.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Lol a vague tweet that goes without saying that players have to train well to play

............now MacMillan gets named to play and it's just another day in the life of AFL super strategist, "the Ziebull"

Nate1993

Senior List
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn't matter where we play as long as my Curtis Taylor is out causing havoc and maintaining that good form he had early this year.
Also side-note, I get the feeling that everytime the fixture makers get together and look at North Melbourne they just go:
"Yep, they look like a Sunday afternoon team". I swear before the fixture was released i knew thats where they'd put us.

Also on another side note: the second ep of the new podcast dropped, would love it if you guys checked it out.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It doesn't matter where we play as long as my Curtis Taylor is out causing havoc and maintaining that good form he had early this year.
Also side-note, I get the feeling that everytime the fixture makers get together and look at North Melbourne they just go:
"Yep, they look like a Sunday afternoon team". I swear before the fixture was released i knew thats where they'd put us.

Also on another side note: the second ep of the new podcast dropped, would love it if you guys checked it out.

I'll be amazed if he's overlooked.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The AFL are a bunch of fu**silly people.

With the new fly in fly out on the same day rules, why schedule the travelling team in for an early game?

This should have been a late afternoon game to allow us to prepare adequately for the game. They will leave to leave a the crack of dawn to fly up, transfer from the airport to the venue in plenty of time to prepare.
Essendon and North are both flying in and out of Sydney together for the two earlier Sunday games. The third Sunday game is now a night game and due to the curfew at the Sydney airport this would be a bit more difficult to organise.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s amusing watching teffy just ignorantly taking the opposing view

Macmillan is a poor footballer plain and simple

The bloke played every game and doesn’t influence, never made a top 10 bnf.

We finally have a clear best 7 defenders ahead of him in the 3 KPD and 4 smaller defenders structure

Bloke is on borrowed time

Show us some proof of his “zero” influence on games when Shaw took over

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the afl might’ve just been to cute by half here.
GWS fell off a cliff after playing us last year, and in a short season that 3 or 4 weeks that it took them to recover would mean season over, it’s time to bring the pain again. Let’s get in their heads.

we’ll be out breathing fire...

Last edited:

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
First team to fly interstate on the morning of a game. Thanks Gil.
I think Gil is still under instruction to weed us out of the competition, if not, immediately, then by placing us against AFL instigated first round draft pick related organisations, at their home. Its either that or he still has the shits that we beat St Kilda. I have nothing against GWS.
The AFL are a bunch of fu**silly people.

With the new fly in fly out on the same day rules, why schedule the travelling team in for an early game?

This should have been a late afternoon game to allow us to prepare adequately for the game. They will leave to leave a the crack of dawn to fly up, transfer from the airport to the venue in plenty of time to prepare.
They may be, and are, a lot of thing's but they're not silly. Not when money becomes apart of it.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The old Brad Scott regime has given me ptsd on this stuff. I can remember a lot of young players having a good crack and getting knocked out of the firsts. But Rhyce seems pretty switched on to it all.
Yeh! Felt that way too, but I'm coming around

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best three?!

When was the last time you called for the dropping of a best three player?!

3) Goldstein
2) Simpkin
1) Polec

HM's: Froggy, Atley, Cunners, Higgo, Tazz, J-Mac, Taylor, Jed (2nd half), Brown (2nd half), Zurhaar (2nd half), Thomas (2nd half).

Plenty of HM's that didn't his the stat sheet in the 2nd half.

You didn’t even have him in your best 3 NM players... he is listed 9th in your own post match votes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back