Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Changes Rd2.png

Does anyone even remember Round 1? Nah, me either.

Out: OMac
In: Whoever

This game is going to be really interesting. Both teams will be seriously out of touch. Fitness is going to play a huge factor. I reckon the whole round will be filled with messy footy. I have a feeling most teams will struggle to run out games.

Demon4123

Senior List
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Round 2 team based on Vanders and Bennell not being ready to play.
Backs : Jetta. O’Mac. Hibberd
H/Backs : Lever. May. Harmes
Centre : Langdon. Oliver. Tomlinson
H/Fwds: Trac. Weid. Jones
Forwards : Pickett. T’Mac. Fritsch
Rucks: Gawn. Brayshaw. Viney
I/Change : Salem. Melksham. Bedford. Lockhart

I reckon the above is a sound 22, hopefully capable of beating the Blues.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
This game is going to be really interesting. Both teams will be seriously out of touch. Fitness is going to play a huge factor. I reckon the whole round will be filled with messy footy. I have a feeling most teams will struggle to run out games.
No change to round 1 or our 2019 season then? Great.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Found it funny we are rated as having a tough first 5 when half of our games are against bottom 4 sides from last year lol
Well, every club we’re playing did finish above us last year ...

Playing Geelong at the G, and therefore not down the highway this year is more than enough for me to call it a win

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely Mitch Brown will be left out for Weidy, he offered up almost nothing, albeit against maybe the best intercepting defence in the league and with awful supply.

Salem back in, Lockhart maybe goes out, although Hibberd on from from R1 should be left out given how much he butchered it.

Jones in as well. Goody might find some way to squeeze a Wagner in

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Surely Mitch Brown will be left out for Weidy, he offered up almost nothing, albeit against maybe the best intercepting defence in the league and with awful supply.

Salem back in, Lockhart maybe goes out, although Hibberd on from from R1 should be left out given how much he butchered it.

He probably won an internal award for most I50s

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He probably won an internal award for most I50s

The "Whirlpool" award for most chaotic and ultimately fruitless inside 50s for the game.

I wouldn't mind actually tracking that as a stat, would be quite hilarious. Surely Brayshaw or Oliver would be the club house leaders to take the award out at the end of the year

Like your thinking. Spargo out for Jones makes sense to me. ANB makes way for Salem perhaps? Bedford, Lockhart, Pickett can do the HFF/FP pressure stuff (plus's Jones I guess). Bedford and Lockhart can also get around the ground pretty well too.

The "Whirlpool" award for most chaotic and ultimately fruitless inside 50s for the game.

I wouldn't mind actually tracking that as a stat, would be quite hilarious. Surely Brayshaw or Oliver would be the club house leaders to take the award out at the end of the year
Langford would win in a canter if he keeps up from Round 1. Gets stacks of it and works hard but butchers so many kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quarters are shorter than normal so it might not be as big of an issue as you expect

Standard will be ordinary but in fairness if there hadn't been such as big unexpected break would we expect the standard to be any good?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Quarters are shorter than normal so it might not be as big of an issue as you expect

Standard will be ordinary but in fairness if there hadn't been such as big unexpected break would we expect the standard to be any good?
I can't believe anyone thinks the standard of footy has been any good for a decade so the culling of assistants might improve it actually

I can't believe anyone thinks the standard of footy has been any good for a decade so the culling of assistants might improve it actually
Potentially, but it could also lead to teams resorting to the safest approach and play very conservatively. I think there will be a lot of scrappy contested games for the first couple of weeks at least.

Potentially, but it could also lead to teams resorting to the safest approach and play very conservatively. I think there will be a lot of scrappy contested games for the first couple of weeks at least.

The style of footy will probably change a lot over the season

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
There has been a lot of contested scrappy games for the last 15 years, it can’t get any worse

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’ll probably be

In - Salem Jones Weideman
Out - Spargo Brown Bedford

I’d personally consider keeping in Bedford for ANB. But ANB seems a best 22 player. However if Bennell I’d right to go I’d play him. He could come in maybe for ANB. I suspect though Lockhart might be unlucky if we bring more than 3 players in. Although going by round one I’d play him on front of Hibberd. But again I think the club think Hibberd is best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back