Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Darling and Schofield. Also apparently Simmo's family wont be joining him this hub period, if it extends any longer than what's been announced already be prepared for him to head back to WA for extended periods with assistants taking the reigns. It's going to be a wild season imo.
I heard Simpson speak on some afl website interview week I think?
With his wife working and children in the last few years of school they couldn’t join.
I’m kind of surprised that families couldn’t manage 4 weeks apart but if he needs to go back then all power to him.
who would be your 2ic?

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling and Schofield. Also apparently Simmo's family wont be joining him this hub period, if it extends any longer than what's been announced already be prepared for him to head back to WA for extended periods with assistants taking the reigns. It's going to be a wild season imo.
I saw an interview with Schofield where he stated he was unlikely to go, mainly due to business reasons. He implied he doesn't get paid much this year so may even retire if hubs go for longer.

Darling's kid isnt old enough for school, so I doubt that rumour.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I heard Simpson speak on some afl website interview week I think?
With his wife working and children in the last few years of school they couldn’t join.
I’m kind of surprised that families couldn’t manage 4 weeks apart but if he needs to go back then all power to him.
who would be your 2ic?
The two week quarantine in WA would be the issue imo, if his family came to visit and then went back to WA they'd have to quarantine for two weeks. It'd be easier for Simmo to just fly back to Perth, spend the two week quarantine with his family at home and then fly back. Maybe it can be timed with a school holiday so the kids arent missing school due to the two weeks forced at home but that's not entirely fair on the kids. IMO of course.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When is the team expected to fly to the Gold Coast? Surely a few days or even a week before the game?

Looking forward to getting a better look at Kelly. I feel we've only really been teased thus far. Hasn't got out of 2nd gear.

I put the Sheed vs Kelly comparison stats a fair bit up before we made that trade, to show how their was very little between them, and i'll be following how they stack up again this year with Dom's projected improvement.

Got a hunch that Kelly gets a lot of added love due to the fact he's a smooth mover. Compared to an awkward unit like Dom.

Round 1:

Sheed - 22 Disposals, 10 contested, 6 marks, 2 goals 1 tackle, 3 clearances, 8 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 73%DE,, 80%TOG, 128SC

Kelly - 19 Disposals, 3 contested, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 2 clearances, 4 score involvements, 0 goal assists, 74%DE, 81%TOG, 86SC

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking forward to getting a better look at Kelly. I feel we've only really been teased thus far. Hasn't got out of 2nd gear.

I put the Sheed vs Kelly comparison stats a fair bit up before we made that trade, to show how their was very little between them, and i'll be following how they stack up again this year with Dom's projected improvement.

Got a hunch is that Kelly gets a lot of added love due to the fact he's a smooth mover. Compared to an awkward unit like Dom.

Round 1:

Sheed - 22 Disposals, 10 contested, 6 marks, 2 goals 1 tackle, 3 clearances, 8 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 73%DE,, 80%TOG, 128SC

Kelly - 19 Disposals, 3 contested, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 2 clearances, 4 score involvements, 0 goal assists, 74%DE, 81%TOG, 86SC

Look, this analysis is great, but can you tell me how heavy NN is at the moment?

Wasn’t sure where to put this really interesting stat from Round 1 all those months ago - centre bounce attendance counts.

A2E22E04-B6FB-4AD4-A731-D0F351925BBB.jpeg

Gaff still in at the bounce fairly regularly but Redden has been pushed right out by Kelly’s arrival. As probably to be expected, the preferred combo is NicNat, Yeo, Kelly and Shuey, with Sheed the next man in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back