Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Think I'm going to rewatch BB after BCS finishes.

I rewatched the whole thing last year and thought it wasn't a great rewatch tbh as you know the big shocks and there is not a lot of subtlety there.

I think BCS would make a better rewatch as I think you would pick up the more subtle stuff the second time around but it moves so slowly I would really struggle with it.

I rewatched the whole thing last year and thought it wasn't a great rewatch tbh as you know the big shocks and there is not a lot of subtlety there.

I think BCS would make a better rewatch as I think you would pick up the more subtle stuff the second time around but it moves so slowly I would really struggle with it.

I downloaded BB the first time I watched it and it had no Spanish subtitles. So rewatching on Stan I think I'll pick up a lot more. :tearsofjoy:

Giancarlo Esposito was on the Community ep I watched today which was rather funny.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just got round to S5 e2 bit anti climactic where you know what will happen. But yes I too love Kym Wonder how the hell nacho will pull this out of the fire. Stories getting old but love the slow burn style.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which is my point. Their attitude to howard is now completely irrational. Kim quits her lucrative job to help out those who cant afford lawyers but wants to ruin howards career for what? Cos she didnt think he promoted her high enough in his private practise?

Has nothing to do with it imo. It was told when Jimmy/Saul went to visit the Acker guy in his house and told him he hated HMM and rich people. He has always been looked down at and never had the chance to better himself. To spite trying to overcome his shady character (which he always had even as a kid) by becoming like his big bro and ploughing through Law School.

Kim as well with the drunk Mum and when she mentioned to Rich that she wanted better than the "Hinky Dink" or her home town. Yet Howard always pulled rank and put her in Doc Review to spite how hard she worked to get an opportunity for herself. She identifies with the Pro Bono clients.

Howard is a representation of everything they hate rather than the character (who due to his father grew up with privilege they didn't have but seems a decent guy).

I think rather than turning Kim and Saul are a match. Just have to see how it ends up.

Nacho story fascinating. As he is constantly in the s**t due to poor choices. He is an excellent counterpoint as he wants to improve and protect his family but whatever choice he makes puts him further in the s**t. Its weird. Even in the last 2 episodes Kim could've made sweet with Mesa Verde and kept her job. Jimmy could've taken the job with Howard and to spite all their s**t made good. But chose not to. Yet Nacho seems to always want to get out (right back to S1 when he tried to steal the fraudsters money). Yet the very fact he went from a family business to getting into a drug cartel means he is doomed to the dark side forever.

Last edited:
Just finished bb and el camino again. Enjoyed it all over again but probably got more out of el camino second time around having watched it straight after bb.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Has nothing to do with it imo. It was told when Jimmy/Saul went to visit the Acker guy in his house and told him he hated HMM and rich people. He has always been looked down at and never had the chance to better himself. To spite trying to overcome his shady character (which he always had even as a kid) by becoming like his big bro and ploughing through Law School.

Kym as well with the drunk Mum and when she mentioned to Rich that she wanted better than the "Hinky Dink" or her home town. Yet Howard always pulled rank and put her in Doc Review to spite how hard she worked to get an opportunity for herself. She identifies with the Pro Bono clients.

Howard is a representation of everything they hate rather than the character (who due to his father grew up with privilege they didn't have but seems a decent guy).

I think rather than turning Kym and Saul are a match. Just have to see how it ends up.

Nacho story fascinating. As he is constantly in the s**t due to poor choices. He is an excellent counterpoint as he wants to improve and protect his family but whatever choice he makes puts him further in the s**t. Its weird. Even in the last 2 episodes Kym could've made sweet with Mesa Verde and kept her job. Jimmy could've taken the job with Howard and to spite all their s**t made good. But chose not to. Yet Nacho seems to always want to get out (right back to S1 when he tried to steal the fraudsters money). Yet the very fact he went from a family business to getting into a drug cartel means he is doomed to the dark side forever.

*Kim

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Edited considering I love her I better get the name right.

Have nacho and kim been in a single scene together in the entire series run?

Better they're kept seperate as they are twoof the best characters with the most interesting ending. And the heroes in a way.

Mike's characters still good but the brooding and temper explosions are a bit predictable. We get it he plays the hand of enforcer because it's his choice and for his Grand Daughter. What's interesting is he is smarter than all of them put together and could easily run his own empire but lacks the ambition/greed of a Walter or Salamunca or Jimmy/Saul. Needs to develop some other story as he is a great actor for that role just getting under utilised.

My guess:
Kim= Ends up dead. Don't know how but it will be some scheme that will backfire. Leading Jimmy to go full scale Saul
Howard= Will end up shafted by Jimmy/Kim. Will lose his licence and have no redemption. Just a body on the side of the road to show how cruel the worl is.
Lalo= Will end up finding and killing Nacho. Nacho will once again try and escape but end up dead. Possibly in a showdown.

Jimmy/Saul= A quick end then a re cap to current day Gene. Don't see him going back to Saul but will try handle his situation. My guess he does it but not without blowing his cover and trudging off to some other state.

Getting through season one last week and halfway through season 3 now.

It’s definitely a slow start but Tuco really brings back the nostalgia and ups the pace.

The toilet voiceover marketing scene had me in tears.
Definitely a highlight. Will never ever stop being funny.

Good to see the twins again. Genuinely fear those two and they add so much to any scene they’re in.

We all loved the original series, but watching Mike and Gus nearly a decade on just isn’t the same.
They seemed to have lost something ever so slightly, as if the knowledge of knowing that they all end up dead takes some of the suspense away that made Breaking Bad so good and added to its overall epicness.

They seemed to have lost something ever so slightly, as if the knowledge of knowing that they all end up dead takes some of the suspense away that made Breaking Bad so good and added to its overall epicness.
That's why Nacho and Kim are so important to the show. I'm dying to find out how their stories end.

Gene's too!

That's why Nacho and Kim are so important to the show. I'm dying to find out how their stories end.

Gene's too!
I’m naturally finding myself more interested in the new characters and I was going to include Chuck till I just saw the bloody season 3 finale. Shook

Mike seems 20 years older in BCS.
I watched the Irishman recently and seeing these geriatrics try and move like they were in their 40s and 50s just is too hard to ignore.

I’m bloody enjoying season 5.
The wheeling and dealing with criminals is great tv and I know it’s similar to breaking bad but watching Saul come into his own is top notch.

I know I’m behind but the job offer by Howard was gold.
The way the scene ended with Saul makes it better.
If he knocked it back or lashed out would have ruined the vibe of it, so to let it play out and then the hug at the end was priceless 😂😂😂

Episode 5s a pearler too. The imitation scene brilliant and then Mike deconstructing a phone charger and the Senora just grabs him one from the next room.

I’m only half way through but season 5 looks like the best for me so far.

That last ep.
Saul isn’t Saul after his ordeal with the gang and he isn’t even Jimmy worthy as he lost the court case to the easy-beat DA.
I know he kept up the lie to Lalo but only because his condition sold it for him. Otherwise he was ****ed.

If Saul wasn’t having a loser of a day and Kim wasn’t there he would have been goneski. Enough to fool Lalo.

As for Kim’s future 100% goes vacuum route.
Sauls portrayal in BB fits that narrative. Wouldnt work if she was killed.
Also I think Nacho survives but his old man his murdered.
Can’t have them all get happy endings.

Also got all giddy when Don Eladio and Lalo on screen together for the first time lol

Two blokes who you’d want to stay serious with you and never break their emotion

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Just finished season 5, enjoyed it more than season 4, really had its own distinct story and tone again. Thought Lalo was great, love Nacho’s character in much the same way we like Jesse. And I disagree with those saying Kim will go the vacuum cleaner route. I think she’ll end up disbarred and losing everything because of what they plan with Howard.

Back