Preview Round 2, 2020: Geelong v Hawthorn, 12 June 2020, 7.50pm @ GMBHA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have options if he doesn't get up. Can't see how he wouldn't to be fair. Still 16 days to go and if it heals like their expecting he will play. Sounds like there playing it by ear with him. Finn could get a gig if he misses. Ready to go.

As long as we don't suffer more injuries between now and then, our depth is looking solid.

I don't know how they are going to fit Nash in the side but I thought he did some nice things at the end of last year.

Scrimshaw is another I was surprised didn't make the round 1 side. Seems to get better with every outing and is someone we should be getting games in to.

As long as we don't suffer more injuries between now and then, our depth is looking solid.

I don't know how they are going to fit Nash in the side but I thought he did some nice things at the end of last year.

Scrimshaw is another I was surprised didn't make the round 1 side. Seems to get better with every outing and is someone we should be getting games in to.
Wasn't Scrimshaw injured?

100% agree.. need to get that starting 22 age level down a bit and he is the perfect guy to do that.

It doesn't seem to matter which umpires we get, there will be at least a phase in the game where they will fall all over themselves and turn themselves inside out trying to get the pussies over the line. Bookmark it.

You would think a minimum 2 weeks which see's him playing , just .
Larkins would be having an educated guess on not even seeing or being able to physical asses the injury .

I'll never forget Olarenshaw telling us in the 08 GF that Young had rolled his ankle but should be back out there in no time.\

1st time in a while we have a massive selection headache, we have hardwick, scrimshaw, gunston and lewis to choose from that weren't playing in r1 and I'm not even including impey. I would love those 4 above names to come in even impey but I feel it will be just 2 changes pending jaegers injury

In: Hardwick Gunston
Out: Morrison and ???

Last edited:
1st time in a while we have a massive selection headache, we have hardwick, scrimshaw, gunston and lewis to choose from that weren't playing in r1 and I'm not even including impey. I would love those 4 above names to come in even impey but I feel it will be just 2 changes pending jaegers injury

In: Hardwick Gunston
Out: Morrison and ???
Gunner played r1.

If they move to 6 on the pine we could fit them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying to figure out the reasoning behind playing McEvoy in defence. He’s coming off three consecutive career best seasons.

Wouldn’t McEvoy be better served as a marking key forward? For example if Ceglar is in the ruck and Patton is resting on the bench, why not put McEvoy at full forward? He has shown he can kick goals and also has the highest conversion rate of any Hawthorn player from set shots since 2015.

The worst part is the back six is already slow and lacks speed. There’s more then enough height down back. Frawley, Frost and Sicily can all play tall.

Gunston & Scrimshaw ready to go??

It will be interesting to see who clarko lines up with in the tall deparment. I think M.Lewis might struggle to get picked with the new quarter format.
Mcevoy,Cegs,Patton will play, i can see Bigboy rucking when Cegs pushes fwd.

Listening to nik nat on the radio last week he thinks most teams will only play 1 ruck.
I.smith last week also said the hawks are training more explosive.

Gunston & Scrimshaw ready to go??

It will be interesting to see who clarko lines up with in the tall deparment. I think M.Lewis might struggle to get picked with the new quarter format.
Mcevoy,Cegs,Patton will play, i can see Bigboy rucking when Cegs pushes fwd.

Listening to nik nat on the radio last week he thinks most teams will only play 1 ruck.
I.smith last week also said the hawks are training more explosive.
Gunston played round 1 so should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back