Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair, top 3, top 9... is neither here nor there.

The point is that he wasn't bottom 5 and shouldn't be in discussions for a change.

Mods, can we put in place a script that automatically hides any TheZeibull post that contains the word "Macmillan"? It is invariably pointless. There is only so much egg on face a guy can take before it becomes a health hazard.

Egg on face is a bit much, with all due respect.

Short of winning the ultimate prize, whatever he does in his career, he’ll always be one out on Dane Swan with Top 4 on the line 39 points up in the wet, falling on his face - in my eyes.

Journeyman is the most apt description for Jamie, has played a few ripping games over his career but let’s face it, he has never been exposed to elite standards and like so many of our players over the last decade got to a level early in his career and was rewarded by a management who was just happy to finish middle of the road to earn a new contract.

He is essentially the Congressman Charlie Wilson of the NMFC, the greatest thing he has ever done is somehow manage to be recontracted for 11 straight years.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Short of winning the ultimate prize, whatever he does in his career, he’ll always be one out on Dane Swan with Top 4 on the line 39 points up in the wet, falling on his face - in my eyes.

Journeyman is the most apt description for Jamie, has played a few ripping games over his career but let’s face it, he has never been exposed to elite standards and like so many of our players over the last decade got to a level early in his career and was rewarded by a management who was just happy to finish middle of the road to earn a new contract.

He is essentially the Congressman Charlie Wilson of the NMFC, the greatest thing he has ever done is somehow manage to be recontracted for 11 straight years.
My most vivid memory of Shannon Grant is his point blank miss after the siren which cost us the game against Collingwood. Doesn't detract from his overall quality. Swings and roundabouts.

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It is egg on face when your weekly ins/outs post states that he will be dropped when he is playing good football. He may be a middling footballer, but what he brings to the team is clearly valued in the eyes of the coaches. At a certain point the constant vitriol from TheZeibull is simply self-flagellation, and that should be kept private.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
They’re also considering allowing one or two extra players on the field for the Sydney clubs because ‘expansion’.
Wouldn't surprise. They've already previously allowed one extra Sydney player on the field against us to help get them over the line.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Wouldn't surprise. They've already previously allowed one extra Sydney player on the field against us to help get them over the line.
E3AA70E7-3883-403B-999F-6C7E30428281.jpeg

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watching the replay of the game V saints, couple of thoughts regarding possible ins/outs.

Not sure Walker gets rushed back. He didn’t do anything wrong, obviously put his body on the line. We looked much quicker smaller. Definitely don’t think we should play Walker and Daw.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hall was left out. When we’re on top of teams he’s fantastic, but he’s the absolute cherry on top type player.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wouldn’t mind young Scott to come in for Murphy and do a job on Whitfield. That would free up Dumont a bit on the wing and maybe go into the middle if Hall misses.

Something like, Out Murphy, Walker, Hall

In Scott, Daw, Tyson

Just watching the replay of the game V saints, couple of thoughts regarding possible ins/outs.

Not sure Walker gets rushed back. He didn’t do anything wrong, obviously put his body on the line. We looked much quicker smaller. Definitely don’t think we should play Walker and Daw.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hall was left out. When we’re on top of teams he’s fantastic, but he’s the absolute cherry on top type player.
We looked much quicker when Ziebell went off. He’s the one that stuffs out midfield rotations.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There seems to be quite some recent love for Tyson. Surely Bonar comes in before Dom?

I’m just spitballing. I see Boner as more of a project type but Tyson is ready made, as in we know what we’re going to get. Obviously I have NFI how anyone’s going on the track.

s**t I wouldn’t be surprised if we were unchanged.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We looked much quicker when Ziebell went off. He’s the one that stuffs out midfield rotations.

I was going to bring that up but I didn’t want to start that conversation, but watching it back over, Jack was nowhere near as bad as this board has made out. He didn’t have a good game...a few things he tried with the footy just didn’t work out but he impacted every contest he was in.

I was going to bring that up but I didn’t want to start that conversation, but watching it back over, Jack was nowhere near as bad as this board has made out. He didn’t have a good game...a few things he tried with the footy just didn’t work out but he impacted every contest he was in.
Sure, but we were much better when he went off.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I’m just spitballing. I see Boner as more of a project type but Tyson is ready made, as in we know what we’re going to get. Obviously I have NFI how anyone’s going on the track.

s**t I wouldn’t be surprised if we were unchanged.
I just reckon there's more upside with Bonar, Tyson too one-paced and a bit too "same" with other players we already have.

Buddy out for weeks, he won't face us. Reid unlikely as well. That's a fair head start for us. Would be disappointing to drop that game at home, assuming we don't get any serious injuries to key players before then.
Play this game at the MCG or the SCG, or anywhere other than Docklands.

Havnt beaten Sydney since 2007 at home.
Our record against them is terrible.

Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Play this game at the MCG or the SCG, or anywhere other than Docklands.

Havnt beaten Sydney since 2007 at home.
Our record against them is terrible.
If we are going to be any good this season we beat them at Docklands. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back