Media The Problem with the Gold City Royals....

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t you already do the reacharound gag earlier in the thread? You spent too much time on it for that WFL like. I got one from him earlier for talking about my pug eating s**t.

Saying that, you do have some flair for a graphic.
Your pug eats pieces of shut for breakfast?

Hope you don't discriminate against women and have a few on the list.
I am going great just been reading through the league recently, yourself?

Yeah good mate.. studying, doing a bit of renovating at home.. for some reason, covid made me believe I was a handyman all of a sudden. Costly error! 😀😀
Looking forward to a bit of footy getting back..

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Yeah good mate.. studying, doing a bit of renovating at home.. for some reason, covid made me believe I was a handyman all of a sudden. Costly error! 😀😀
Looking forward to a bit of footy getting back..

I'm no handyman either.

Thinking of going back to study at some point though.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
The Filth Wizard is my 'hall pass' mate. opportunities like this don't come around often..

You're not doing it right.

tumblr_pdpno2exmz1x0bvwko2_500.gifv

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The Filth Wizard is my 'hall pass' mate. opportunities like this don't come around often..

Some of the new blokes have no idea how intricate the dance was back in the day... as Wayne would say "redirection".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Dictionary meaning.

Royal: noun
plural noun: royals
  1. 1.
    INFORMAL
    a member of the royal family.
    "the royals are coming under the TV microscope"

SFA meaning..

Gold City Royals: noun

1. Insular inbreds.

For quite some time now I have had to sit back as a member of the Baghdad Bombers and watch as the SFA pour scorn on our brand, how we go about things and how we are a blight on the league. While I enjoy this side of the SFA and actively encourage it I sense one team has for too long gotten by purely on past reputation and goodwill.

Today KohPhi Antonio BlueVein TheCoach16 and myself would like to put the spot light well and truly on the Royals in an attempt to put some fact around the current fiction. We have concluded quite possibly the greatest ever "investigative journalism" the SFA has ever seen.

Many suggest the Bombers are insular and full of in jokes. To be fair when we compare this to the Royals we are well and truly left behind. Let's take a look at the current list.

Season 29 Players List

04137562. Marlowe
007. GreyCrow (LG)
1. Smartys Power
2. Paddles_
3. Kapow!!!
4. BRAB
5. ShaunDuggan
6. HawkPatrol
7. Cesoir
8. Easty
12. Ulahoopski
13. Noobz0r (LG)
17. boondy
18. spookism
22. Kennedy Parker (VC)
23. The Filth Wizard (C)
23.5 MrPremiership
30. grumbleguts
31. Blacky (LG)
42. brahj
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater (LG)
69. miggs
97. Dennis Confetti
TBC. The acurate one

Of a list that has 25 posters, by our reckoning at least 12 are BC members and we are being conservative. Almost half of the list. Talk about insular. So what I hear you say. The point is the Bombers are often criticised for being too close yet this side is basically made up of all the same. It’s worth pointing out that the 12 or so BC members are basically the only really active posters. So that makes it even more insular. They are basically a Facebook team that reluctantly add some inactive posters to their list, so they can qualify to play in the SFA.

We read with interest the other day The Filth Wizard talking about his views on team PM's and rookies. Apparently the Royal's do not believe in team PM's.

I don't believe in them because I believe they promote an insular nature and contribute to lack of match thread activity. These are Sweet FA teams, not private groups of friends. It's not uncommon, though not the same in every case, that teams with full club PM's engage less elsewhere. It is 100% fact though that every team that has ever boycotted a match has had a team PM. I've never felt the urge to start a team PM stated The Filth Wizard

This post dripped with irony.

Wow, I wonder what having a BC PM contributes to? If I was a Royals rookie I doubt I would ever feel part of this clique? I recall when cadsky approached me wanting to leave the Royals this was a key reason. Did not feel a part of the team.

So what is the lesson here. Don't have a team PM because that would be far too inclusive, instead continue with all the in jokes and chat in your 1,600 pages of Facebook discussion? What better way for new posters to feel welcome and a big part of the team.

Anyway, we look forward to some genuine discussion about this problem. No doubt interlaced with "nice melt" and "rentfree" retorts. Quite clearly the arse slapping, gym locker room style culture needs to change. any wonder there are no female posters on the list!

Whatever the discussion ends up with, this thread clearly proves a major ongoing issue at the Royals that continues to conveniently be swept under the carpet.

Just out of curiosity Tony Lynn 15, of that list of Royals you mentioned, who is the latest active rookie of the group and what season were they from?

Just out of curiosity Tony Lynn 15, of that list of Royals you mentioned, who is the latest active rookie of the group and what season were they from?

Cesoir and the acurate one. This season.

I might need to enlist TheCoach16 's services after hearing that from you.
You need to be more open minded. Sex isn’t a taboo topic to be sfellowed at by juveniles.
It’s a beautiful and natural expression of love between a dozen or so people and their goats.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Okay.

Is there anything that makes us insular outside of your misproven BC claim?
I’m not sure “misproven” is a word. I could be misright.

I think the fact that you guys were basically a facestation group who all played for the Hawks. Now you’re a facestation group that all play for the Royals?

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I’m not sure “misproven” is a word. I could be misright.

I think the fact that you guys were basically a facestation group who all played for the Hawks. Now you’re a facestation group that all play for the Royals?

I think that's only three of us.

Had potential but it just shows that former powerhouses like KohPhi and Tony Lynn 15 just aren't they were unfortunately.

I know the reason why posted this. It's because he hates the current state of the league and the fact that there are numerous teams who will not engage in the verbal stoush and stand your ground when challenged. And since he perceives the Royals as one of the teams that will likely take the fight to him he'll call us out directly in the hopes of reigniting some past rivalries.

We oblige, but unfortunately for Tony and also Koph, the spark just isn't there anymore so all he can come up with these days is a series of 'no u', 'nice melt' and gif responses that are lacking in energy and impact. A bit sad really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back