Media The S29 Rising Star Award Countdown - Congrats PurpleGreenRed

-cd1KsvwZnmHo18IMW2bQO82UxAWTwFbCbaAsp5Trij6T9z8-hIJxxi8nLGNlei1CG6xER6Qh5SuKnRf5NumyFdWXRgzODUS_7uMKIs4WWI8CkeU_pc2WoeWtR6Bw92pbDPE-c0

vf-lqndKSdpwxpQADa1hLv5AGTLNtb6dB-R4t7F6-nId4ituRaG_YZ97z_fgZh5rkrMFwrMVLNrNbepLNCw9FEHwQqU6oMlco0aqgCRKr-PgrAwrHKmQFRUR2fDYUHZ3uLBLgrs
ZRfVMjEXrXtLc1J9MW35y8Odmu8LMzCFYAffDZIB3x-fJOkJ07BOr07CoKQ-1C8auPS0qUzIvxxmXufB3RXe4NXHBWDEzeVat7KSaYFqYWcg7t4dqhIs9jr5y_Y6nU5JJpBG3j0

Nomination - Round 5
HO​
K​
H​
DISP​
M​
T​
FF​
FA​
G​
B​
0​
172​
161​
333​
11​
92​
54​
20​
13​
8​

We’ve finally made it to first, and the best of the best only make it this far. When people look back at this season’s top Rookies, they should utter one name only to see the opposition shrink away from them and run crying to their changerooms in fear.

A Rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon caused by refraction, reflection and dispersion of light. Look to the sky away from the sun after a storm and you may very well end up witnessing one. Look to the sky during a Qooty match and you will also see this Rookie leaping for the highest of marks with equal splendour and magnificence. Three colours of a Rainbow make up this Qootier’s name.

May I present to you a man every future Rookie should look up to and imitate, hailing from the Roys, I give you the winner of Rising Star Season 29!:

9Eg1ERgHNvZp56MXzU90PaaOrgKn6UkZO2ToBmLmPPJgSJCM5W3TrPpIALYbD2lrD5Fx0okn9Th7U6Yy_9YNqRRZ6oYC_aKKUNinnB-bP5vPRi0zRijPrNfAQFwhl-pEcG7Yagg

PurpleGreenRed

Make a speech if you’re so inclined :)

aEp5qYrUz4MA6w-0xIdSUUJV77p4g8zFiDsXWRDuJj13c8D-DPdXqi6HkAe0MqLlBpiTPTXloctoallC_hnGGxKMW8dVgZv5a4nlEkykhSQKfrdxJSTWyeVdwZc9mPmaQw8UOOE

Congrats PGR, glad to see a Freo alumnus hit the jackpot! You’d fit in well at the Warriors!

And with that, we end this season’s Rising Star award. Congratulations to all the Rookies who were nominated. Chin up to those who didn’t make it, your time to shine starts now. Good luck in the finals, or come back next season with a fire in the belly.

Bloodied52, Antonio BlueVein, Strigoi, moginie, Barrybran, ABE and I would like to thank everyone for attending this evening of not much glamour and pomp.

Look for the Rising Star award next season which will be back bigger and better.

Riviat Out

See you all in Season 30​

Thanks to you & the other sophomores for making it to the end of the thread. On behalf of the S29 rookies we thank you for putting up with us... well mostly (pours one out for ABE).

CrtEp-nqhkhKgnokrtM7fEshdf-GC3BLd0pdLPu46oBYU24t9MX8B22btYUZ9a5wcGMpyt-CyI7PaWvNROZxPiVVmhnJu-talMVhSL6qU2OZwTVAKPNCD1ByBXtvlH0cVTOP3DA

fzGxKXG2kkx7J2YFiHk1X8PjIplfwVbi_RiZk_3EhlKtNZfLYP6wyDYUvaODCRcmFNv8GAH57EPG8rmqz41fRB3a2s6HTcPbM92KamGPrZ-MAQ7w7q51sW_ZFOKdL9rY7Bydtfc
ga1fL_b-2j1gAn_eQGv58Di_MfQT97htY9B88sKr7YmXaUsLOznjoohT-LgtU25DVRE7AZmXADH40FPwgDAAA6c9P4Z7CSnlj9m-wz3fofPaqTlKK6v-Ea-RYAq5y5Z-KgC4ig8

Nomination - Round 7
HO​
K​
H​
DISP​
M​
T​
FF​
FA​
G​
B​
0​
206​
181​
387​
71​
25​
22​
24​
5​
6​

These international Rookies seem to come from extremely far away. Not this almost not an “international” Rookie sensation from Tonga. Did you know that Tonga is a Polynesian sovereign state and archipelago comprising 169 islands, of which 36 are inhabited? No? Neither did I and I wouldn’t be surprised if this Rising Star is the only Qooty player inhabiting this Island. Tongan’s are bred tough and this Rookie is no exception, may I present to you coming in at 4th:
9Ai_tS1DWfjH1LWpUqAXmabse9nZAz88voC-0HE73uHISZeAHVW394z1eRe2i3QwqieKtLesCwHiPyUk2Vl1lHgt_9WxRRwTMHuq1LHfMXazWHZkDWjaqInZPAq0flFvQpPj6sU

Tonga Bob

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys
I'd just like to announce that the Roys have extended PurpleGreenRed contract until at least S73, with an option on S74 too. Undisclosed sums of Clarkemonies are involved. I can also reveal a renewed sponsorship with Werther's and Tetley Tea. The two stories are unrelated.

Thanks to you & the other sophomores for making it to the end of the thread. On behalf of the S29 rookies we thank you for putting up with us... well mostly (pours one out for ABE).

1590753208133.png

Well done, PurpleGreenRed - I for one appreciate the ironing of a Roy winning the Rising Star award!

Congratulations to all the S29 Rookie Class, you're a great bunch and I am sure that I will talk to you all, one day.

Excellent effort by Barrybran, Riviat, Bloodied52 Strigoi, @moginie,and Antonio BlueVein to keep this going - as is becoming tradition, this season's rookies will be expected to take the lead in this next season to nurse another crop through.

I can't believe I missed this. I forgot about it :'( I worked later than normal and was completely zonked. I'm going to go back and read it all, I make no apologies for delayed likes! :)

Thoroughly enjoyed that show, well done to everyone who put it together!! Riviat, real name redoxted intoxicated.

Congrats to PurpleGreenRed on your ripper Qooty performance! It's all downhill from here.....

Absolute scenes later tonight.

View attachment 883511
“Yo, Tonga Bob, I’m really happy for you, and I’m gonna let you finish, but GWS Goose had one of the best rookie seasons of all time.”
A+ mate

Don't worry, we'll never sell that tripe at our bakery!

See you all at the EKA!!
When is it?!

Even I'm a spring chicken compared to some
Speaking of which, the SFA must be getting close to welcoming its first member of the 500 club.

Edit: Ljp86 plays his 479th game on Sunday, so that monumental achievement ain't far away.

Speaking of which, the SFA must be getting close to welcoming its first member of the 500 club.

Edit: Ljp86 plays his 479th game on Sunday, so that monumental achievement ain't far away.

So just needs a 21 game season next season to get to 500.

Back