Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Great club hey

Must be, to do all that with both arms tied behind their back by all this Vicbias we keep getting told about...It's almost like they have advantages that (more than) outweigh the disadvantages that their fans continually whinge about.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
So you’re focusing on the supporter base rather than the question....

I’ll ask again—- where else should West Coast play home games while the WA border is closed??

The WA clubs have accepted the Gold Coast base - what is the significance of the home game, just travel?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah imagine having your home game scheduled on the other side of the country.
Against the current premiers who rarely travel and now avoid the longest road trip for them to play a game at a neutral venue. This after they were gifted 7 MCG (home) games to finish the previous season..

the mental gymnastics needed to describe this as anything but another massive ‘leg up’ for Richmond is next level

but when you’re a pampered team used to vic bias you have the luxury of the imaginary ‘hard done by’ narrative
Doesn’t this mean you miss the return fixture? Weren’t you meant to play Richmond at the G this year but now you won’t?

seems you’ve both broken even (I know you’re just going to rant about vic bias. And how everyone is wrong. You don’t do logic. That was obvious when you claimed something untrue. Then dug a hole through the earth to claim you were never wrong)

The WA clubs have accepted the Gold Coast base - what is the significance of the home game, just travel?

If only the supporter base will be accept that the Eagles are playing home games at the Gold Coast base--- it'd save this thread going around in circles with Whingers complaining about it being an example of #VICBIAS.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If only the supporter base will be accept that the Eagles are playing home games at the Gold Coast base--- it'd save this thread going around in circles with Whingers complaining about it being an example of #VICBIAS.

Yep, the same level of honesty as Gil keeping things equal over training restrictions would apply?

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doesn’t this mean you miss the return fixture? Weren’t you meant to play Richmond at the G this year but now you won’t?

seems you’ve both broken even (I know you’re just going to rant about vic bias. And how everyone is wrong. You don’t do logic. That was obvious when you claimed something untrue. Then dug a hole through the earth to claim you were never wrong)
Interestingly if you dig a tunnel from Perth you end up in Bermuda, which would explain where that particular poster's logic has gone.

Yep, the same level of honesty as Gil keeping things equal over training restrictions would apply?

....and now you bring up another cliche "#VicBias" topic :rolleyes:

I feel that most of #VICBIAS becomes just blatant whinging without facts or analysis behind them.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
....and now you bring up another cliche "#VicBias" topic :rolleyes:

I feel that most of #VICBIAS becomes just blatant whinging without facts or analysis behind them.

Perhaps you might stop conflating issues for your own purpose/need.

The WA & SA clubs relocating exposes the puerile decision making that sometimes occurs. Decisions need to be made on the basis of whats good for the game, & its difficult to see that often imho.

Sure, one dopey posts attracts other equally dopey posts, as Victorians seek to retain the status quo & the rest of Australia wants change. Just go back to 1990 to see change is possible, has progressed very slowly.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Under the new fixture everyone plays each other once with a equal combination of home and away

probably best not to use logic as your premise when according to you sacrificing a home game is ‘breaking even’

please show me where I claimed ‘I’m never wrong’
Is false allegations part of your Gimmick to win BF discussions

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Which home games are you playing in another state ?
Oh wait handbag Jack had a big sook

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood

The WA & SA clubs relocating exposes the puerile decision making that sometimes occurs. Decisions need to be made on the basis of whats good for the game, & its difficult to see that often imho.

Sure, one dopey posts attracts other equally dopey posts, as Victorians seek to retain the status quo & the rest of Australia wants change. Just go back to 1990 to see change is possible, has progressed very slowly.
But i think you will find most Victorians want change also.

As has been stated many times, the AFL is money generated, Vic is where the most money is.

Which home games are you playing in another state ?
Oh wait handbag Jack had a big sook

Richmond doesn't need to play home games in another state because Victoria hasn't put border restrictions in place that make the resumption of the AFL in WA/SA unworkable :rolleyes:

But let's just blame Jack Riewoldt rather than actually thinking about the situation logically? Unless it's Jack Riewoldt keeping the border closed and that news is another exclusive from the Duff & Quarters Podcast?

There's multiple times in this thread (and many others) where I've agreed and mentioned issues that are inequitable within the AFL and that I'd like to see change.

What I'm calling out is that unfortunately these valid comments about progress & change get stifled by #VICBIAS whinging & rants that the majority of the time aren't even genuine issues. :rolleyes:

I'm calling out #VICBIAS whinging for drowning out genuine calls for change.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Under the new fixture everyone plays each other once with a equal combination of home and away

probably best not to use logic as your premise when according to you sacrificing a home game is ‘breaking even’

please show me where I claimed ‘I’m never wrong’
Is false allegations part of your Gimmick to win BF discussions
You made a claim. About player numbers. That was wrong. Then spent pages arguing about how it wasn’t actually wrong.

id say playing Richmondat Metricon instead of once at optus and once at the G is breaking even for both sides.

what’s with the weird pseudo aggression?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Richmond doesn't need to play home games in another state because Victoria hasn't put border restrictions in place that make the resumption of the AFL in WA/SA unworkable :rolleyes:

But let's just blame Jack Riewoldt rather than actually thinking about the situation logically? Unless it's Jack Riewoldt keeping the border closed and that news is another exclusive from the Duff & Quarters Podcast?

Some clubs win, others lose ... same as, same as is the point in question.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
I can’t believe the interstate whinging in this thread.
I would expect more respect given we allowed them to join our league, have provided them with a home ground advantage no Vic club affords and have even given (and still do via endless high picks and salary relief) premierships in their early years to make them successful......amazing.....

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You made a claim. About player numbers. That was wrong. Then spent pages arguing about how it wasn’t actually wrong.

id say playing Richmondat Metricon instead of once at optus and once at the G is breaking even for both sides.

what’s with the weird pseudo aggression?

Are you going to back up your false allegation or act like other posters here and pretend it never happened

sacrificing a home game and gifted an away fixture at a neutral venue is not ‘breaking even’.. no matter how much ‘Victorian logic’ you want to use

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you going to back up your false allegation or act like other posters here and pretend it never happened

sacrificing a home game and gifted an away fixture at a neutral venue is not ‘breaking even’.. no matter how much ‘Victorian logic’ you want to use
Lol, you really are just a whinging West Aussie aren't you, you are not sacrificing a home game, rd 5 was always a West Coast home game.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I can’t believe the interstate whinging in this thread.
I would expect more respect given we allowed them to join our league, have provided them with a home ground advantage no Vic club affords and have even given (and still do via endless high picks and salary relief) premierships in their early years to make them successful......amazing.....

Thank you for again proving Vic bias and entitlement perfectly

tell me what’s the correlation between the amount of money your club is gouging out of the competition and the zero sacrifice you are contributing ?

Back