Scandal The 'disgusting' on-field sledge that made a player consider walking off the ground and quitting the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Not much point in sledging anymore, the whole point of sledging in sport was to distract someone and put them off their game. With what now has been deemed to be crossing The line in modern society there really is nothing you can say now.
I could not imagine playing sport where sledging is not part of it.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
10 years ago I would have said play on and take it on the chin. It's just sledging. But that remark to Cloke is clearly over line

The problem is unless there is black and white writing about what you can and can't say, everyone is going to have a different opinion on what is ok

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe not 100% verbatim but Glenn McGrath to Chanderpaul.

McGrath - What does Brian Lara's dick taste like?

Chanderpaul - I don't know, why don't you ask your wife.

McGrath them proceeded to absolutely lose it.

Yeah it was a personal response from Chanderpaul but if you don't want dumb answers then don't ask dumb questions. I'd pay it tell McGrath to suck it up.

It was Ramnaresh Sarwan not Chanderpaul.

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wills brother Hugh was playing at Port at the time which made things worse. Cornes first said to Minson shouldn't you be home grieving about your Dad (his Dad had Just died). Will replied shouldn't you be home looking after your son
The Cornes family have tried to twist it. The wife and old man have got involved. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sue anyone like the step Mum did with Mick Molloy

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
the captain of one of the teams I coached defender playing on oppo's key forward in soccer, I asked him what the fook was going on out there?
My skipper says "that forward reckons he fooked me mum last night" What did you say to him? "I said yeah mum told me and she reckons you fooking shytehouse"
The funniest one ever was one of the Selwoods saying to his brother "My dad had sex with your mum last night".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 7, 2009
lost somewhere in time
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe not 100% verbatim but Glenn McGrath to Chanderpaul.

McGrath - What does Brian Lara's dick taste like?

Chanderpaul - I don't know, why don't you ask your wife.

McGrath them proceeded to absolutely lose it.

Yeah it was a personal response from Chanderpaul but if you don't want dumb answers then don't ask dumb questions. I'd pay it tell McGrath to suck it up.
That would have to one of the best comebacks to a sledge ever. Plus you would have to be pretty stupid not to expect something like that to be said. McGrath played the don't bring my wife into it she sick card which made him look even worse

the_big_sav

Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Wills brother Hugh was playing at Port at the time which made things worse. Cornes first said to Minson shouldn't you be home grieving about your Dad (his Dad had Just died). Will replied shouldn't you be home looking after your son
The Cornes family have tried to twist it. The wife and old man have got involved. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sue anyone like the step Mum did with Mick Molloy

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

what's the mick molloy story?

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
That would have to one of the best comebacks to a sledge ever. Plus you would have to be pretty stupid not to expect something like that to be said. McGrath played the don't bring my wife into it she sick card which made him look even worse

Yep, it was the reason I never warmed to McGrath, he was a petulant child.

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
Mark Waugh to Siddons.

Shield game NSW vs SA, Waugh is taking a long time to take guard
Siddons: "Hurry up you %^$#, it's not a test match!"
Waugh: "Of course it isn't. You're playing."

Afghanistan did have a quick wit.

Apparently once when he was dismissed cheaply in a big test match and he came back into the rooms and left the door open.

Allan Border, still seething from his dismissal yelled out,” Mark, where you born in a ****ing tent?”

To which he promptly replied “no, in a manger”

madstar

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
what's the mick molloy story?
Mick made a comment about Nicole Cornes sleeping with Stuart Dew. It was on "Before the game". Channel 10 and Mick argued it was comedy. QC Stuart Littlemore successfully argued for the Cornes that it basically wasn't funny. They won & Mick & Channel 10 paid $85000 plus plus in damages.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
10 years ago I would have said play on and take it on the chin. It's just sledging. But that remark to Cloke is clearly over line

The problem is unless there is black and white writing about what you can and can't say, everyone is going to have a different opinion on what is ok

What remark ?. What was said ?!.

LOUD NOISES !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back