Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope dead wrong.

1. We didn't win anything
2. Those who beat us those trophies spent more and are richer.
3. You keep moaning about Lewis not spending his money.

What I want:

1. FFP gone or drastically overhauled. This iteration does not work.
2. Our club to be run sustainably on the funds we generate.

P.S. Listen to Mr Wenger.
I’m not wrong at all. Until the second half of 2018/19 we were doing more than fine, well Poch was despite the board supporting him less and less.

Having clubs run by owners that are able to absorb hundreds of millions of pounds in losses and which are effectively funded by countries is much worse for the game than any financial controls. Its a lesser of two evils.

Its easy to say other clubs shouldn't be allowed to spend huge amounts of money when you support one of the few clubs allowed to. Although if you're to be believed Liverpool aren't big spenders 😲😲

Has anyone said spending money guarantees trophies? It doesn't, but there's very few sides that have won trophies without spending big. Leicester is the only example in recent years, they then lost Kante to Chelsea and Mahrez to City.

Your perception of what big spending is, is warped and could only be held by someone who supports a massive club like yours. Even your go to example of Spurs had a wage bill of 148 million. For perspective, Norwich and Sheffield United had a wage bill of 13 million.

Tell me how can Norwich and Sheffield United can compete for trophies under FFP?

Notwich won the championship last season. Thsts a trophy. On just 13m wages as well.

I’m not wrong at all. Until the second half of 2018/19 we were doing more than fine, well Poch was despite the board supporting him less and less.
Translation: You wanted more money spent.

You realise we at the time were doing what FFP said was right? Spending big on infrastructure investments.
But you wanted ADDITIONAL funds from the club and owner.

You're advocating we did what you dislike City doing

Notwich won the championship last season. Thsts a trophy. On just 13m wages as well.

So when you were saying that clubs could regularly compete for trophies without spending big, that meant at any level? Give me strength.

Translation: You wanted more money spent.

You realise we at the time were doing what FFP said was right? Spending big on infrastructure investments.
But you wanted ADDITIONAL funds from the club and owner.

You're advocating we did what you dislike City doing
Infrastructure doesn’t come under FFP controls. Building the new stadium was what a proper investment looks like but will only help spurs if ffp or some other viable alternative remains in place. As I’ve said a hundred times before, Levy only needed to loosen the pursestrings fractionally in 2017 and 2018 and I doubt me or any other yid would have lost faith with him. He’s a well known tight arse, proven time and time again. I don’t want to get into that big debate again

Its easy to say other clubs shouldn't be allowed to spend huge amounts of money when you support one of the few clubs allowed to. Although if you're to be believed Liverpool aren't big spenders 😲😲

Liverpool are just one of the other clubs that don't spend big. You have your Man United, Real Madrid and PSG's on one hand, than your Liverpool, Leyton Orient and Wycombe's on the other.

I don’t want to get into that big debate again
Of course you don't.

The 630m in debts outstanding is an inconvenient truth in the matter.
I have been the only one that recognises this is why spending is down. Our chairman and owner spent 1.1bn on a stadium and training facility in the last half dozen years but are tight. Nah.

Of course you don't want to get into it mate, it shows the conflict you've got.
Openly back a flawed FFP because it appears to put checks on the evil City and their oil money, yet want Uncle Joe to spend his stock market tax free funds.

Mental gymnastics WR.

Liverpool are just one of the other clubs that don't spend big. You have your Man United, Real Madrid and PSG's on one hand, than your Liverpool, Leyton Orient and Wycombe's on the other.

And you have your clubs like Norwich who supposedly cant win trophies because they dont spend much.

I wonder which team won the Championship league last season? Any clues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first started following the sport "get your hand in your pocket" was a common saying in relation to club owners.

Spending was expected.

It's only been since Roman that it was seen as a bad thing, and primarily by supporters of the teams that were already entrenched at the top.

It's now the accepted narrative that investing owners money in your club is seen as bad, or wrong.

But there's very few that haven't done it.

Even Leicester who are held up as the example if the little guy received millions from King Power, had their own FFP issues a few years back and ended up paying a £3m settlement to the league as a result.

And you have your clubs like Norwich who supposedly cant win trophies because they dont spend much.

I wonder which team won the Championship league last season? Any clues?

When you said that clubs could compete for trophies without spending big, you meant in the championship did you?

When you said that clubs could compete for trophies without spending big, you meant in the championship did you?

It wasnt me, it was someone else saying you couldnt win trophies without spending money.

Norwich winning the championship disproves that theory.

Yes they can.

No they can't. The powerful are protected.

I go for Barnsley. We have the second richest owners in the Championship, but have to spend probably the lowest on wages.

The only way Barnsley can ever spend big money under FFP is if we start making much bigger profits. But that can only happen if we win consistently. However we can't consistently win games when other teams are allowed to spend more in a summer than Barnsley have in total over their 123 years. And if we do start winning like when we had guys like Hourihane and Brownhill - we have to sell the players to keep in line with FFP regulations. It goes around in circles - the end result: the powerful stay powerful

I guess we should just cheat the rules like Derby and Wednesday. Or Bolton, when we got relegated at their expense

I go for Barnsley. We have the second richest owners in the Championship, but have to spend probably the lowest on wages.

The only way Barnsley can ever spend big money under FFP is if we start making much bigger profits. But that can only happen if we win consistently. However we can't consistently win games when other teams are allowed to spend more in a summer than Barnsley have in total over their 123 years. And if we do start winning like when we had guys like Hourihane and Brownhill - we have to sell the players to keep in line with FFP regulations. It goes around in circles - the end result: the powerful stay powerful

I guess we should just cheat the rules like Derby and Wednesday. Or Bolton, when we got relegated at their expense

FFP (Uefa version) allows for unlimited spending on any club infrastructute and youth programs. Its not tied to revenue in any way.

FFP (Uefa version) allows for unlimited spending on any club infrastructute and youth programs. Its not tied to revenue in any way.
Which gives a good 10 year free kick to the rich clubs before any gains from that starts to trickle through.

What are you complaining about? Barnsley will be able to regularly challenge for trophies with the other sides who don't spend big like Chelsea and Liverpool by:

astute purchases and astute club management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back