Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Puts the club in a tough spot on whether or not to give Maj a contract for next year, given he won't have played for 2 years and will be 30. You'd think they would after all he's been through, but in these tough times, and talk of reduced lists, who knows.

Not a chance they’ll delist him.

Go back into lockdown. This is ****ed.

My whole worry the last 8 weeks was the conditioning of the players and how they would react to being away for 2 months.
Three injury prone footballers in EVW, Garner and Daw all ****ed in the first week. This isn’t coincidental.
Mason Wood must be shitting himself the next time he’s out there training.

There’s a major difference between heading into the offseason in September and coming back November in a warm climate compared to pro amateur training in March and coming back in winter.
Whatever program the players were on was nowhere near the level needed for professional football and couple that with colder weather and the body being more stiff and non conditioned and its a disaster.

It’s russian roulette on whose next to go

Go back into lockdown. This is f’ed.

My whole worry the last 8 weeks was the conditioning of the players and how they would react to being away for 2 months.
Three injury prone footballers in EVW, Garner and Daw all f’ed in the first week. This isn’t coincidental.
Mason Wood must be shitting himself the next time he’s out there training.

There’s a major difference between heading into the offseason in September and coming back November in a warm climate compared to pro amateur training in March and coming back in winter.
Whatever program the players were on was nowhere near the level needed for professional football and couple that with colder weather and the body being more stiff and non conditioned and its a disaster.

It’s russian roulette on whose next to go

If it’s Simpkin, there’s no telling what will happen.

Jona segal was in charge of the program and has survived a long time at the club

reckon he needs to go at years end and a new high performance manager brought in
the boys tend to speak highly of him, but then they're too close to him.

As a supporter though, he does seem like more of a medium performance manager compared to others in the industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking that we should go out and get another ready made KPD to back up drafting one.

There's already a fair age and experience gap between Tazz, Maj & Walker, then Durdin & McKay.

I'm thinking that we should go out and get another ready made KPD to back up drafting one.

There's already a fair age and experience gap between Tazz, Maj & Walker, then Durdin & McKay.
Aidan Corr from GWS has NMFC written all over him.

He'd be pretty perfect as a free agent if we delist one of Durdin or McKay.

So which 5 from the round 1 team make way for them? 6 inc Marley.

I've said previously that I feel like we have getting on to 28-30 best 22 given the right form, fitness and matchups without losing too much so my comment is broadly based on that thinking.

however, for the hell of it..........

Murphy >>>>Maj
Taylor>>>>Garner
Turner --- would struggle but you would hope but the right form at the right time. Might take an Anderson injury or something.
Ahern >>>>LDU
JMac >>>>EVW

I've said previously that I feel like we have getting on to 28-30 best 22 given the right form, fitness and matchups without losing too much so my comment is broadly based on that thinking.

however, for the hell of it..........

Murphy >>>>Maj
Taylor>>>>Garner
Turner --- would struggle but you would hope but the right form at the right time. Might take an Anderson injury or something.
Ahern >>>>LDU
JMac >>>>EVW
Taylor has stepped up this year, score involvements, forward pressure, etc, and deserves to hold his spot. I wouldn't be dropping him for Garner.

Taylor has stepped up this year, score involvements, forward pressure, etc, and deserves to hold his spot. I wouldn't be dropping him for Garner.

Dont get me wrong, I ewouldnt either based on recent form but its not a stretch that as a youngster he could tire and Garner god help us could be healthy.

I just saying they are all capable of being best 22 on their day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back