Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox article on the big questions for every club...

PORT ADELAIDE

“Is this finally the year they deliver on their promise?

Round 1’s win over Gold Coast saw Port Adelaide give us something rare - exactly what we expected.

But footy’s most famous rollercoaster club now needs to deliver in a season that has seen many tip them to return to the finals.

Being in a hub for at least three weeks won’t help, and games against West Coast and Brisbane will be tricky, but the Power should go into that fortnight sitting 3-0. After all they’ll be favoured in Rounds 2 and 3 - a home Showdown and then a neutral-site clash with Fremantle.

So it seems pretty simple. If they’re 3-2 or worse after the hub, it’s business as usual. 4-1 or better, and this team may truly be a contender.”

Also imagine being Essendon and knowing you could have gotten 2 1sts for Daniher last year + could have traded Orazio and didn’t do either. That’s the worst off-season in history based on what they had on the table.
Some Karma for Dodo being such an a-hole every trade period.

So Rowan Marshall will now play the role of Peter Ladhams in 2019 then.
Marshall will always be picked ahead of Ryder. They rate him so incredibly high at St Kilda. Paddy left because he didn't want to play SANFL, now he is probably going to be playing nothing without the VFL going ahead.

Marshall will always be picked ahead of Ryder. They rate him so incredibly high at St Kilda. Paddy left because he didn't want to play SANFL, now he is probably going to be playing nothing without the VFL going ahead.

Hope so - Marshal is the ruckman in my UF team. If that ever gets going again.

Ryders best ever year was after a year off so the break might have been really good for him again. But he hasn’t been the same since round 1 2018 and that’s over 2 years now, the odds are definitely stacked against him.

I think it’s also fair to question his desire a bit too, it’s fairly normal for that to drop off and when he has been faced with injury niggles and set backs in the last couple of years he has been fairly quick to raise the white flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know what this is about?

Chad's been pretty vocal about current events over in the US, based on timing I'd hazard a guess that it's something to do with that.

Fox Sports and former NRL player Matthew Johns have apologised for a comedy sketch where they used the NRL’s new cardboard cut-outs to put the face of Adolf Hitler into the crowd.

As stadiums are empty, the league has launched an initiative where fans can pay $22 to send in photos and have a cardboard cut-out of themselves sit in the stands. However, multiple people have taken advantage of the scheme to submit childish and offensive jokes.

Over the weekend, a photo of English serial killer Dr Harold Shipman was spotted in the stands – among other potential ‘joke’ cutouts – during the match between Newcastle and Penrith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad's been pretty vocal about current events over in the US, based on timing I'd hazard a guess that it's something to do with that.

I saw some of the stuff he had on Instagram and he really needs someone to vet his posts.

Fox Sports and former NRL player Matthew Johns have apologised for a comedy sketch where they used the NRL’s new cardboard cut-outs to put the face of Adolf Hitler into the crowd.

As stadiums are empty, the league has launched an initiative where fans can pay $22 to send in photos and have a cardboard cut-out of themselves sit in the stands. However, multiple people have taken advantage of the scheme to submit childish and offensive jokes.

Over the weekend, a photo of English serial killer Dr Harold Shipman was spotted in the stands – among other potential ‘joke’ cutouts – during the match between Newcastle and Penrith.
*Adelaide Crows digital member Adolf Hitler

Congratulations Lenny, I guess...oh, and to yet another VFL legend :rolleyes:

John Kennedy Senior. FMD.

There isn't a single argument that can be made to support Kennedy Sr over a plethora of WA and SA options.

Kennedy Sr was a great player who went on to be a great coach.

As a player, John Cahill has, ON TOP of Kennedy Sr's record, an extra

100 games
4 premierships
1 extra year as captain.

As a coach, John Cahill has, ON TOP of Kennedy Sr's record, an extra

212 games
7 premierships

John Cahill has an entire 1st ballot Hall of Fame career on top of John Kennedy Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back