Round 2 Discussion - Let's Get Excited !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he did, but Longmuir reckons he's recovered well and he's still in the mix. Actually said "I have him in the side at this stage."

Even if he misses Round 2, very strong likelihood he plays Round 3.

The funny thing is you are looking at trading him out, and I don't have him, planning on trading him in the same round. I should just get you to give me yours lol

Ill keep him and use him as loophole if what longmuir said is true.

This isn't going to come as news to anyone and y'all probably don't care, but I still want to bitch about it.

The score projections are totally stupid.

For the rookies after they have played a game their projection is usually whatever they scored round 1, and so it is for Sturt 100, Rowell 80, Brown 64, Green 41, King, Cavarra...

But Brander scored 59 and is projected 40, McInerney scored 81 and is projected 33, Starcevich scored 28 and is projected 33?

Makes no fricken sense.

I know it doesn't matter.

Still shids me.

He is of limited use as a loophole this round as Freo plays Saturday arvo, with no FWD rookies playing before him.

Let's just hope he is named, plays, and tons up again :thumbsu:

Well longmuir really better not be Lyon then.

Ill leave now.....

not really.

Last edited:
G'day all,
Hope you're all trucking along well. Might have already been covered (haven't been on forums at all), but in case not, some info on price changes this year below.

Cheers, look after yourselves.

Price Changes 2020 (my understanding): Main takeaway: Price rises hit earlier, possibility of buffalo-jumping quick gainers like Viney worth looking at
Player ‘priced at’ score going into season is their price divided by about 5.43k/pt (from memory).

123.9k rookies thus priced at 22.8-odd. As I understand it, the price change formula remains unchanged.
To get price movements started after rd 2, they substitute in this ‘priced at’ score in the first calculation.
So it means for Sturt, e.g., he’ll have a 22.8 as his rd 0 ‘score’, his 100 and whatever he scores in rd 2 if he plays.
For his B/E rd 2 / rd 3, the system assumes - absent other data - that Sturt will score 100 again in rd 2 (which seems unrealistic).
That’s why his B/E sinks further between rd 2 and rd 3, because for the next price change, the 22.8 would drop out, the rd 1 100 stays in and the system assumes 100 in rd 2.

In general, rookies' price increases are accelerated vs a normal year. Heavily stylized example assuming 60 flat average, 124k starting price (also made some assumptions around the magic number decay, see table at bottom is of any interest):
1591001883389.png

In terms of price changes vs starting price (i.e. the delta between price at rd x and starting price), general results at different averages below (have them at other prices if anyone is interested):
1591001926225.png

Table (MNs pure estimates, used to have a curve with the typical decay somewhere, but couldn't find it and didn't want to recreate it):
1591001970586.png

Is anyone considering Dodee?

Some with Roberton as a cash generator and with cold feet might do, or people looking to restructure and reduce their rookie exposure in DEFs (also by going up from a rookie to Doedee and, e.g., going for a Viney cash grab in the MIDs.

Can’t speak for others, have looked at him.
A lot depends on needs to change rookies.

Last edited:
WaynesWorld19 are we to assume that the updated Rd2 dedication is a green light to post puppies? (asking for a friend)

tom cruise dance.gif

Time for us Supercoaches to get out of the malaise ......and get excited again about footy and our SuperCoach Teams

I don't want to get my hopes up in case it's a shitshow.
IMO there's genuine reason to get excited .....I'm thinking about more team again, the gears in my SC head are ticking over now ....by next week, it's all systems go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO there's genuine reason to get excited .....I'm thinking about more team again, the gears in my SC head are ticking over now ....by next week, it's all systems go
I can't wait, we all need to get back to normal asap
I've had enough of COVID-19 & lockdowns

View attachment 885058

Time for us Supercoaches to get out of the malaise ......and get excited again about footy and our SuperCoach Teams
Yeah I'm sick of thinking and talking about art, culture, philosophy and the meaning of life. BRING BACK THE FOOTY!

Some with Roberton as a cash generator and with cold feet might do, or people looking to restructure and reduce their rookie exposure in DEFs (also by going up from a rookie to Roberton and, e.g., going for a Viney cash grab in the MIDs.

Can’t speak for others, have looked at him.
A lot depends on needs to change rookies.
Great to see you back.

tenor.gif

I can't wait, we all need to get back to normal asap
I've had enough of COVID-19 & lockdowns
So have the Yanks, they know how to end it in style! :p :(

I need to get rid of that bezerker guy. Dont like his face, dont like his stupid name, dont like his stupid price, dont like his stupid club, dont like his stupid score.
Thinking its an easy and valuable early $70K to downgrade to a fwd rook via brander going back.
Didnt see the weagles game, so did anyone get the impression Brander is fieldworthy from here ?
(Please, no weagle fans coz of Bailey "Big Cox" Williams :kiss:)

I need to get rid of that bezerker guy. Dont like his face, dont like his stupid name, dont like his stupid price, dont like his stupid club, dont like his stupid score.
Thinking its an easy and valuable early $70K to downgrade to a fwd rook via brander going back.
Didnt see the weagles game, so did anyone get the impression Brander is fieldworthy from here ?
ok

Brander was diabolically bad in the first half. Seriously, totally unco and everything he went near turned to scheiza. I was like "well he won't be getting another game, guess I'll be sideways trading".

But then he was much more settled and redeemed himself in the second half. So maybe it was just nerves.

I predict that if he plays next week he will score more than he did in Round 1.

I dunno if that answers your question. I have a good feeling about him as my D6.

Brander was diabolically bad in the first half. Seriously, totally unco and everything he went near turned to scheiza. I was like "well he won't be getting another game, guess I'll be sideways trading".

But then he was much more settled and redeemed himself in the second half. So maybe it was just nerves.

I predict that if he plays next week he will score more than he did in Round 1.

I dunno if that answers your question. I have a good feeling about him as my D6.
Brander will be a premiership player by the end of September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back