Racing June Daily Thread: Queensland - Dodgy Every Day, A Yulong Finally Wins A Race

Also I just saw Yulong is having a crack at breeding. Foundation sire - Grunt.

yeah remember it running around in their colours when people were talking it up as ASM fave...lel

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Check out the replay of race 2 at Koln
Unfortunately TAB doesn’t look to have a replay but it is one of the GOAT early crows

Last edited:
First of the big European classics on tonight with the French 2000/1000 Guineas. Hard to know how things will go and how important race fitness will be (less important than it would be in oz given so many private trianing stables over there).

2000 Guineas - VICTOR LUDROUM was the hype French 2yo last year but was well held first up as a $1.40 shot. Could be gone at the game but I am happy to take the $3 on offer here with that irresistable SP profile.

1000 Guineas - TROPBEAU has won 4 of her last 5 with the only blot when still running well for third in a UK G1 at the end of last season. Unlike VL she managed to ge the job done first up too. SIMEEN shapes us the big undefeated hype horse on the scene from the Aga Khan camp.

VL looked back to his best while the hotpots were a shade dissapointing in the fillies edition. Although I wonder if the standside rail was a bit hot as both winners came up alongside it.

Rothfire $3.50 for the JJ Atkins did it easy enough against Isotope last start
Thought would be below 3/1

Doubt the exacta pays $7 + again though!

$3.50 is below 3/1 ;)

You might get better after that draw - although all the faves have horrifically

Jumps racing is a bigger donation than dogs and trots combined

Literally anything can win

I actually love watching it for that reason but betting is tough. I usually back one at $15's EW just for an interest.

Jumps racing is a bigger donation than dogs and trots combined

Literally anything can win

Nah just look at the daily comp - everyone is cleaning up - easy game with usually only a couple who can win each race

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Nah just look at the daily comp - everyone is cleaning up - easy game with usually only a couple who can win each race
Yeah also easy to pick off the poison faves, BM58 battlers coming off "a booming trial" are usually a good place to start.

I haven't looked very hard but markets look much more competitive than a few years ago when it was Weir or Pateman with a $1.30 pop in every race.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah also easy to pick off the poison faves, BM58 battlers coming off "a booming trial" are usually a good place to start.

Ever watched a hurdles trial? I know I didn't until Dad had one. No barriers so they just mull around at the start. One of the other horses in the trial won by like 15L so I thought I'd check it out. The horse basically started and put up 30L before any of the other jockeys even realised it had taken off....

Back