Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Kennedy Senior. FMD.

There isn't a single argument that can be made to support Kennedy Sr over a plethora of WA and SA options.

Kennedy Sr was a great player who went on to be a great coach.

As a player, John Cahill has, ON TOP of Kennedy Sr's record, an extra

100 games
4 premierships
1 extra year as captain.

As a coach, John Cahill has, ON TOP of Kennedy Sr's record, an extra

212 games
7 premierships

John Cahill has an entire 1st ballot Hall of Fame career on top of John Kennedy Sr.
@alyx please make me a infographic I can share on social media

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get what he's trying to do but really ...? Washington and basically every major city is in flames. Trump's hiding in a basement and the Whitehouse lights are off for the first time in 200 years. Of course the media are going to give that the right of coverage? Yes it would be nice if there was more balance.. but what's that got to do with AFL coverage Chad?

He's a privileged overpaid footballer, he's paid the amount he is to allow the media in.

Anyway he's got to get a kick for the media to even be remotely interested in so he shouldn't worry.

Yes you did go OK last Showdown. Walker kicked a goal after start of third Q that was it. Port kicked the next 9 goals and won by 57 points LOL
I sat through that. Good whipping. Actually the worst I’ve seen since maybe silk was in your team.

There isn't a single argument that can be made to support Kennedy Sr over a plethora of WA and SA options.

100 games
4 premierships
1 extra year as captain.

212 games
7 premierships

John Cahill has an entire 1st ballot Hall of Fame career on top of John Kennedy Sr.
Yeah but this is the same legend status that they approved St Kildas only premiership captain with a record of like 1 flag and 3 best and fairests , the whole thing is a VFL wank fest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 games
4 premierships
1 extra year as captain.

212 games
7 premierships

More biased Vic crap.

Congratulations Lenny, I guess...oh, and to yet another VFL legend :rolleyes:

They have really lowered the bar this year.

Let me think about some SANFL players that have contributed more....

...Narr, can’t think of anyone that may have better stats than 297 games, 4 all-Australians and no competition Beats....

Hayes was a very good player, but not hall-of-fame quality when you consider the players that haven’t been added.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have really lowered the bar this year.

Let me think about some SANFL players that have contributed more....

...Narr, can’t think of anyone that may have better stats than 297 games, 4 all-Australians and no competition Beats....

Hayes was a very good player, but not hall-of-fame quality when you consider the players that haven’t been added.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has brave Bob Murphy been added yet

Hayes was a great player and there are far worse already in the Hall of Fame. But yes, the bar is lower than it should be. Why they induct so many each year is a little beyond me.

Kane Cornes is eligible next year. CV compares very favourably to Hayes, albeit he was a scrubber of a player by comparison. It'll be interesting to see if/when he gets in.

Hayes was a great player and there are far worse already in the Hall of Fame. But yes, the bar is lower than it should be. Why they induct so many each year is a little beyond me.

Kane Cornes is eligible next year. CV compares very favourably to Hayes, albeit he was a scrubber of a player by comparison. It'll be interesting to see if/when he gets in.

Hope not.

Off the top of my head, I think of Port players who should be in the HoF:
Abley, John
Phillips, Greg
Hayes, Neville
Evans, Tim

and as Legends:
Cahill, John

Not to mention plenty of other SA and WA greats who are equally deserving.

Some of the bog average players who have made the list, especially in the formative years, make you cringe at what a VFL tug-fest the whole thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back