BigFooty Chess Club v Young Australian Chess Players - (FINAL SCORE: BIGFOOTY WIN 34-26)

If it’s like any of the other club matches on chess.com then each team is ranked in order of their chess.com rating and they play against the opposing clubs player on the same rank.

Every matched pairing plays twice and every win is scored as a point for your club. So individual matches can be either won 2-0, split 1-1, or lost 0-2.

So every player can earn two points for their club. The club with the most points wins.

I think our club admin can also organise 5 man intra club tournaments limited to players with similar chess.com ratings (say below 1450) as a way to develop players ratings within the club.

I think our club admin can also organise 5 man intra club tournaments limited to players with similar chess.com ratings (say below 1450) as a way to develop players ratings within the club.

I think that’s a great idea, and one of the options for post-ladder. I’m not sure of the best ways to facilitate a discussion (separate thread or within an existing thread).

So this kicks off in 20 minutes? Does chess.com set the game up or do we need to do it ourselves?

Hmm...you shouldn’t need to do anything, you can see who you’re playing and the matches should be set up automatically. Maybe it’s not 12pm Australian time? I’ll monitor it and let you know when it kicks off.

Hmm...you shouldn’t need to do anything, you can see who you’re playing and the matches should be set up automatically. Maybe it’s not 12pm Australian time? I’ll monitor it and let you know when it kicks off.

Chess.com doesn't use Australian time (I think their midnight is about 4pm AEST) so it's probably that.

I assume we'll all be getting up at 4am to kick off our matches?

Chess.com doesn't use Australian time (I think their midnight is about 4pm AEST) so it's probably that.

You didn’t know you were meant to do that? 😛

Also, it’s 3 days a move so I’m expecting some of your matches to go to Christmas 😊

1591025929076.png

Can you see the other games?

You can see everyone’s games in the chess.com link. Just click on the chessboard next to your favourite player.

I’m not playing (it was already an even number) but it’ll be fun to watch the games. I’m not sure how much commentary to provide on the thread, maybe I should just leave it to you guys to celebrate a win or anything exciting.

You can see everyone’s games in the chess.com link. Just click on the chessboard next to your favourite player.

I’m not playing (it was already an even number) but it’ll be fun to watch the games. I’m not sure how much commentary to provide on the thread, maybe I should just leave it to you guys to celebrate a win or anything exciting.
Maybe we should get Clarkey in here and do some live commentary and special comments together 🤣

Maybe we should get Clarkey in here and do some live commentary and special comments together 🤣

That was great fun, but ClarkeM baited me out of silence...

He should do some special in-game/end game interviews. Some of the opposition usernames are...special.

Click on the chess.com link, or I’ve stuck everyone on p.1 of this thread.
I actually dont find the website very use friendly tbh.
How do I find that page on chess.com without using the link?

I actually dont find the website very use friendly tbh.
How do I find that page on chess.com without using the link?

Yeah chess.com is absolute trash compared to Lichess imho

Back