hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Watched a bit of Scotty Pyes " Debrief " last night , SVG and Lando were on with him.

Lando said Scotty Mac was a knob.
2 guys who openly don't like him and a 3rd who doesn't know him

2 guys who openly don't like him and a 3rd who doesn't know him
Yeah i think he's just going off what he's heard on Twitch , they did race each other in the Indycar eseries too.

Jess Yates was hosting Fox League Live tonight , mentioned there's talk of doing another online celebrity race Bathurst week.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm not really talking about whether they are "good sorts", just in their attitude to racing in the series.
Yeah it's a fair point, I think more people seem "out to get" Scotty though.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Ambrose in 2005 felt the same way - which was also his last year in the Championship - and both probably have some legitimacy to thinking that way.
Slightly different situation. People didn't like Ambrose because of his attitude and the fact he was good.

People don't like Scotty because of the stupid things and situations his team puts him in

At least IMO.

Ambrose in 2005 felt the same way - which was also his last year in the Championship - and both probably have some legitimacy to thinking that way.
Major difference is the governing body hasn't got it in for Scotty like they did Marcos.

Slightly different situation. People didn't like Ambrose because of his attitude and the fact he was good.

People don't like Scotty because of the stupid things and situations his team puts him in

At least IMO.

I'd say that's just as much because of the culture of V8 Supercars then compared to now, as it is from their own personalities. Remember, Ambrose was renowned for always smiling (until 2005), and mostly avoided confrontation, but would get annoyed and competitive when things went awry because of what other people did. During the eSeries, we've seen McLaughlin do the same thing. The difference is that Ambrose was living in an era where hard-heads ruled the roost, and unlike Lowndes (for example) he didn't start out as a Holden winner and then move to uncompetitive Ford teams, both of which kept Lowndes away from being targeted. As I mentioned on the last page, Supercars is a different environment now, so the politics of personal relationships plays out differently. Brand loyalty barely matters to the drivers, and all of them try to keep a clean image in the public eye. We don't really get to see much of how the drivers feel about each other, compared to what we used to.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
eRacer kid punts Scotty, old mate is just getting smashed every week.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Then I think Chaz whacks him.

There was clearly contact that sent him on to the grass in the first place
Yeah he went across Hazelwoods nose.

They had a facebook poll apparently , 4 tracks , came down to Spa and PI

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Surely it’s Mustangs. I can’t see them getting a new manufacturer up and running before 2021
They've known for a while this wasn't going to work, they've just had to iron out the details.

I reckon it's a new mob.

Back