Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the pub myself today. Place was doing a good trade and people were following the rules. The bar staff were busy pouring beers and counting the crowd inside. Only real downer was I went to have a punt and was told, ' sorry no gambling available'. I can buy a Keno ticket at the local shopping centre but not in the local pub.

Steve and Nicola have begrudgingly allowed pubs to open but do not want too many incentives for us to use them. I guess I should be grateful for the scraps I have been thrown.

At least bit of normality has returned.

There are some doubts about the accuracy of some testing. Apparently the 30 year old Queenslander thought to be Australia's youngest COVID-19 death did not have the virus after all. This comes on top of the UK visitor to SA who tested negative then tested positive.

Also saw Freydenberg celebrating extended opening hours of pubs, probably in NSW. Freydeberg was being plied with a pint of Furphy. Not being a great fan of Feydenberg or Furphy I saw some irony in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some doubts about the accuracy of some testing. Apparently the 30 year old Queenslander thought to be Australia's youngest COVID-19 death did not have the virus after all. This comes on top of the UK visitor to SA who tested negative then tested positive.

lmao what a shock. the fear was already planted though, nobody cares about the truth

Active cases might creep back up over 500 as Victoria continues to add more confirmed cases to their tally.

Kindergarten, aged care home closed as coronavirus cases in Victoria rise by 10

I’m having trouble finding useful data on how many of the latest confirmed cases have resulted in hospitalisations. It could be that almost all of these cases are mild symptoms only.

There’s anecdotal evidence out of Italy that the virus’s potency is diminishing- maybe this is related to one or a combination of viral load, earlier identification, social distancing, better treatments, etc.

The positive is that the cases are being identified and people quarantined so this shouldn’t stop the easing of restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back