The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough (I am a massive BLM movement supporter btw)

It does add more fuel to the fire that JR will end up reunites with LeBron at The Lakers :)
I wonder if its safe for players to be involved, protesting etc. wonder what owners may think

I wonder if its safe for players to be involved, protesting etc. wonder what owners may think

To be fair, JR didn't get involved till some punks started trashing his car, so you could argue his actions were in self defense.

I would like to think that most of tbe NBA fan community would be supporting the protests.

I know Boston has (had I should say) a sad history of racism in the past, but our legend Bill Russell was one of the very first players who was unafraid to be outspoken and get involved in the civil rights movement.

There's also a school of thought that many of the violent rioters/looters are undercover cops and White Pro Trump rednecks (dare say they were the type of punks that trashed JR's car)

To be fair, JR didn't get involved till some punks started trashing his car, so you could argue his actions were in self defense.

totally agreed. wished he didnt say "white boy" though.

I would like to think that most of tbe NBA fan community would be supporting the protests.

I know Boston has (had I should say) a sad history of racism in the past, but our legend Bill Russell was one of the very first players who was unafraid to be outspoken and get involved in the civil rights movement.

There's also a school of thought that many of the violent rioters/looters are undercover cops and White Pro Trump rednecks (dare say they were the type of punks that trashed JR's car)

I think u have a point. The NBA fans probably are supporting the call for justice, maybe not the violence though. i hope.

Jordan has spoken out about this horrible situation.

Now Pop has voiced his opinion

“It’s unbelievable. If Trump had a brain, even if it was 99 percent cynical, he would come out and say something to unify people. But he doesn’t care about bringing people together. Even now. That’s how deranged he is. It’s all about him. It’s all about what benefits him personally. It’s never about the greater good. And that’s all he’s ever been.”

“It’s so clear what needs to be done. We need a president to come out and say simply that ‘Black Lives Matter.’ Just say those three words. But he won’t and he can’t. He can’t because it’s more important to him to mollify the small group of followers who validate his insanity. But it’s more than just Trump. The system has to change. I’ll do whatever I can do to help because that’s what leaders do. But he can’t do anything to put us on a positive path because he’s not a leader.

“It’s like what Lindsay Graham and Ted Cruz used to say when they had the courage to say it: He’s unfit. But they have chosen instead to be invisible and obsequious in the face of this carnage. In the end what we have is a fool in place of a president, while the person who really runs the country, Senator Mitch McConnell, destroys the United States for generations to come. McConnell has destroyed and degraded our judicial system. He has tried to destroy heath care. He’s destroyed the environment. He’s the master and Trump’s the stooge, and what’s funny is that Trump doesn’t even know it. Trump’s always wanted to be part of the in-group, but McConnell is an in-group of one and Trump plays the fool.

“He’s not just divisive. He’s a destroyer. To be in his presence makes you die. He will eat you alive for his own purposes. I’m appalled that we have a leader who can’t say ‘Black Lives Matter.’ That’s why he hides in the White House basement. He is a coward. He creates a situation and runs away like a grade-schooler. Actually, I think it’s best to ignore him. There is nothing he can do to make this better because of who he is: a deranged idiot.”

Black Lives Matter are a radical left black power moment.

Which is fine if that's what they want to be.

They don't represent all black people and they'll treat the ones who don't agree with them like garbage.

They don't represent all black people and they'll treat the ones who don't agree with them like garbage.

Think that word sums it up. Radicals are engrained in their ways they can't empathise with any views to the contrary. left or right

Think that word sums it up. Radicals are engrained in their ways they can't empathise with any views to the contrary. left or right

It's how they treat the people they claim to represent who don't agree with them is the most telling thing.

Lets you know it's a political ideology driving them, not humanitarian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's how they treat the people they claim to represent who don't agree with them is the most telling thing.

Lets you know it's a political ideology driving them, not humanitarian.
The whole situation in NBA cities right now is so sad. With senseless violence Id hate to be a coach/GM of a team if the players are protesting too

The whole situation in NBA cities right now is so sad. With senseless violence Id hate to be a coach/GM of a team if the players are protesting too

There's a wiki page that's tracking all the protests that have been held and listing if they were peaceful/violent/arrests.

Quite interesting to see how each state has fared.

Last edited:
Fair enough (I am a massive BLM movement supporter btw)

It does add more fuel to the fire that JR will end up reunites with LeBron at The Lakers :)

you guys might need to sort this out in the celtics thread

Have not seen this mentioned previously and only just stumbled upon it, but according to a few news outlets the NBA is getting rid of Spalding Basketballs for Wilson ones starting next season. End of an era really, it will be sad to see Spalding go.

"NBA Trades Spalding for Wilson as Official Basketball Maker".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back