Preview Rd2 Geelong V Hawthorn Fri 12 June 2020 7:50pm @ GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we have the team now either.
At the risk of opening the debate about Scott being responsible for the 2011 Premiership the comments by Commentators- yes we know that they are not necessarily great but Bruce wasn't there- before and during the Prelim against West Coast are interesting.F
1. Noted that Mackie was playing after being dropped the previous year. A no brainer and he should have played the previous year but didn't because Thompson was at that stage so erratic that he would not have known up from down
2. Geelong are known for their fast starts. That hasn't really happened since
3.Played two rucks. And yes one was West who was never going to be an Ottens but played well and could go forward and kick goals. Then of course West was never really used again, the 2013 final against Freo being one of the worse selection ever, as he sat in the stands and was not used as a replacement for Hawkins. Now we sometimes don't even play one ruckman
4. Geelong waste no time in moving the ball. Now?????
5.Geelong kick long. Now????
6. And we won after a week off. Now????

Scott was there and it was a stable environment without an erratic and disinterested Coach. The players did the rest.

I thought Geelong’s worst performance of the year in 19 was against the hawks at the G 2nd game. They just blocked us and had their defensive grid in place and we were totally stagnant. It was horrible.
Clarko will set it up to block us again , so we need some speed of movement and link out of back half. Otherwise it could be 0-2. And we know what happens at 0-2 in a 22 round season- no finals mostly! 17 game season....
Don't really care this year if we make the finals or not just good too see some footy i am happy with that this year

Guessing we'll find out over the next week or so which players have suddenly picked up a '2 week Balme' injury.......and probably one more blurb about just how close Cocky is to taking the field and tearing the game apart.
Please don't use the term tear apart and Cocky in the same sentence.. I fear it won't end well.

James Siciliy is the reigning Norm Smith medalist. Can you believe it?!o_O

Just do not be writing things like that. It took me quite sometime to get over reading that. I almost had a panic attack thinking I'd lost my mind and it was somehow true!!!!

Id be picking Stanley myself, Fort just isn't ready yet, longer that game went the more Jacobs dominated and I don't have him in the top 5 Rucks in the comp anymore, if Fort goes Solo against Grundy,Nic Nat,Gawn,Goldy etc we will get smashed in the middle.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats happened to Parfitt, thought he was developing well. is he best 22?

good luck next week
Had a change of role last season with more time up the ground as opposed to the small forward role of the first 2 years, he didn't look to have the same time and space to me last season and probable had a job or two defensively as well, we may start to reap the rewards this year.Yeah best 22 but not yet a lock in my book others may have differing views.

just want to know whether he'll be in your side.
Should be in the side imo, he's one of the rare few in our side who has some real class and skill. The shortened quarters will help because I think its his tank that's holding him back ... he seems to run out of steam.

Should be in the side imo, he's one of the rare few in our side who has some real class and skill. The shortened quarters will help because I think its his tank that's holding him back ... he seems to run out of steam.
Think he was also hurt in or around Rd 1.

Said to have benefitted greatly from the enforced break.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Think he was also hurt in or around Rd 1.

Said to have benefitted greatly from the enforced break.

GO Catters

The coach was quizzed about his absence on a recent podcast. Said he didn't come up for Round 1 because of back issues. Also said he is clearly in our best team and looks to be entirely ready to go for the game against the Hawks.

Was very pleased to hear he is likely to be back (and of where he sits in the pecking order) because he is a class above most on our list in traffic. Also lays stacks of tackles when he's up and going as well. And those are two traits we desperately need more of right now.

The coach was quizzed about his absence on a recent podcast. Said he didn't come up for Round 1 because of back issues. Also said he is clearly in our best team and looks to be entirely ready to go for the game against the Hawks.

Was very pleased to hear he is likely to be back (and of where he sits in the pecking order) because he is a class above most on our list in traffic. Also lays stacks of tackles when he's up and going as well. And those are two traits we desperately need more of right now.

best tackler on the list I reckon

He's been struggling under the realisation (ably exposed by one Brian Taylor) that his last name is actually hyphenated. Par-Fitt. Not even his parents knew that.

Brian Taylor's brain is hyphenated... Both sides are only connected by a withered string of tissue, and neither are connected to his mouth at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back