AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six is a high number to delist from a list of only 28, it could mean that we end up cutting players that played a majority of games during the season, especially if Duffin returns next season. Players like Trend, Bresnehan and perhaps even Green may be under pressure to retain their place.
I can easily find 6 to delist
1. Chloe Haines
2. Libby Haines
3: Jess Trend
4. Emma Humphries
5. Taylor Mesiti (don’t mind her though)
6. Bannister (redraft after delisting)

Trend was a liability. Was lucky to hold her spot and few players getting injured at times

She’s number 3 or 4 on my list to delist
I think Jess brings a lot to the group off field bringing everyone together. While I hope she would improve she is not anywhere near as bad as you make out. She gets to good places and into contests which some players really struggle with. If she sped up her decision making she would be very good, she just needs to go with the first option until that happens.

I can easily find 6 to delist
1. Chloe Haines
2. Libby Haines
3: Jess Trend
4. Emma Humphries
5. Taylor Mesiti (don’t mind her though)
6. Bannister (redraft after delisting)

It frightens me when I'm in agreement with you.

Agree will all but Trend who I remain 50/50 on.

Yes she played all games but so did Mo Hope and they jettisoned her.

Never good when a manager gives an ultimatum. He is giving the girls an impossible choice. Hopefully, Aileen picks North, if she improves like McCarthy at the Dogs, she could see Midfield time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrendous decision - bloke hasn't put a foot wrong. I'm sure he would have been willing to negotiate a role reshaped by the new reality post-pandemic (though he may have already had that convo with the club...but I doubt it). Ticks just about every box you could think of - great communicator and solid tactically, knows, loves and respects his players, considerate and generous with his time (including those of us in the media landscape) and very hungry for success without being so ravenous to lose perspective.

I really hope he gets another crack at whatever club or level he would like - genuinely the best coach I've had the pleasure of talking to in 3.5 seasons of covering the league.

I’m not sure what’s weird about it. In normal circumstances it wouldn’t have happened but these aren’t normal circumstances.

He's hardly put a foot wrong. Had the team head and shoulders in a division minor premiership and won a final. What more could he do?

What's weird is that you retain Crocker (though I love the guy) ahead of a guy who was making almost every post a winner in his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back