Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Tredrea looks defeated wearing that

Hawks jumper easily the worst.

Any jumper that has their moniker on it, is a shocker.

Nearly all clash jumpers that are whire, are shockers.

Ports grey jumper is a shocker.

GC jumper is a shocker. That GC on the front is ridiculous.

Freo jumper is a shocker.

And any gimmicky BS jumper where the club sells out to corporate $$ is extremely disrespectful to the fans and past players of that club. If you're that hard up for a buck, then find another way..

I reckon Port as a whole has had the best and worst guernseys.

The Prison Bar and Black V are as iconic as any, the clash/preseason guernseys prior to the V are as bad as any. The old pink stripe wasn't great either

Port's bad ones probably are part to blame with the era they entered the AFL too. The Power name opens up some s**t designs too.

I think other clubs generally are more either good or bad rather than both ways.

Gold Coast. Comfortably.
Yep agreed. The colours and G look like some sort of emblem or symbol for a morning TV show hosted by wannabe celebs.

Giants not so good either but it's more the nickname "Giants" I can't stand. As internationally clichéd as it gets. Hardly aussie at all for our iconic game.

North and the Hawks no good either.

Gold Coast. Just terrible all around.

Hawthorn have bad colours but the design is fine.
The Hawks is horrible aesthetically, the vertical bars are fine but yeh the colours aren't pleasing to the eye.

Think I agree the GC isn't great, doesn't scream football club. It's like they felt it's the 2000s now and tried to do too much or get too creative.

Just stick to a traditional football design style, those are classic designs for a reason.

At least Port's current clash strip is an "up your's" to the AFL's stupid selective teams must wear white clashes policy that the NRL also use but to a worse extent. And those XBlades style side panels ruin the Hawks away kit. Looks like a failed Gold Coast Suns concept guernsey

Port also have a history of rolling out poor looking guernseys like their 2004 heritage guernsey

View attachment 641977

And numerous horrible clash guernseys as mentioned earlier in the thread.

But they still don't top Carlton (twice) and the Bulldogs selling their guernseys to companies and cheating cyclists and in the former's case it's colours but at the end of the day, I found out today that the Blues and the Dogs have never lost in their corporate/cheating cyclists sponsored guernseys
This looks great and is authentic, while the prison bars are authentic but look like crap. Their new strip looks good in black or white but not grey, and the the original lightning bolt netball guernsey was cringeworthy. A real mixed bag of good, bad and awful.

Gold .... I couldn't remember it was M&Ms that Carlton used to make themselves a laughing stock. I knew it could not be Smarties.

The two jumpers are in second and third place on the podium of all time worst sponsorship arrangements.

Occupying the top of the podium, was Gary Hocking's decision to change his name to Whiskas for a week.
sturt.jpg carlton1.jpg

It's basically the Sturt FC guernsey. I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an accurate replication of that past guernsey, what do you want them to do? Alter their own design from the late 1800s/early 1900s?

Defeats the purpose of what was Heritage Round.
The heritage round assists us in establishing the worst guernseys in history. Don’t understand your point. We should continue it in the same way that we bring back mammoths or Neanderthals through genome sequencing

Ok - perhaps that was an unusual tangent

Who hates Chocolate? No one and if you said yes you’re a **** wit

and gold? That’s ok I reckon

move on from poos and wees - you’re jealous. Admit it

chocolate?

if it looks like poo, smells like poo...........it is poo

Hawthorn’s is so bad from an aesthetic point of view yet so strikingly unique In design it goes out the other side into good, in my opinion. It’s distinct, historic, and something that you would only wear to mark yourself as a Hawk supporter -You know it’s wee and poo and it is bloody marvellous. The PBJ if uniforms.

Gold Coast is just so generic and bland. At best it reeks of McDonalds; at worst it’s invisible. So much potential to be distinct too - a ‘Suns’ design replicating Phoenix with Purple/Orange, or something new bringing in pink/magenta, etc. Hard to fix, but if they rolled out a new jumper for round 2 I reckon by round 6 no one would even remember the original

GWS - everything about the club screams “generic franchise”, like it was auto generated in a video game that didn’t have the proper rights to the league it was following. Some utter Genius landed on the letter ‘G’ as the defining trait of the Western Suburbs of Sydney and once they were locked in... Well, we better put G into everything - name (GWS), nickname (Giants) and uniform, locking them into the worst ‘franchise’ design in all of sports. What saves the GWS jumper for me is that the colours look awesome together everywhere else - on beanies and scarfs, tshirts and polos, banners. Everywhere except the abomination of the uniform. But this is definitely fixable - just, I dunno, go with thick vertical stripes, or charcoal with an orange trim, change the team name to the ‘West Sydney Spiders’ or whatever and it actually becomes a potential winner imo. The theme song is also good - maybe you have to keep Giants just for that (but lose either the G or the ‘people in the 90s thought this lookedfuturistic’font) and

so yeah, Gold Coast is the worst.

I like the vertical stripe jumpers - that's a football club. They're all good - even Hawthorns.

The only issue with the Richmond/Essendon sash designs is I think the sash should be the dominant colour. Having them on black jumpers mutes the impact. When the Swans wear the Peru jumper (or River Plate if you prefer) - that looks great. Richmond's current clash would like better with a stripe on both sides and black shorts.

Carlton's is excellent. Simple, elegant, unmistakeable, strong. It's a footy jumper, not a fashion shoot.
Not a fan particularly of horizontal stripes a la Geelong. But not the worst.

Worst by far is GWS. They'll change it soon to a simpler, more classic design - just as Freo did after pissf*rting about too much in the early years.

I will admit the Richmond/Essendon colour swap reminds me of the Mortal Kombat ninjas.

Couldn't they think of anything else?
They were designed before PCs and graphic designers produced them on Computers. Your jumpers could not have been designed by a human. Plastic franchise.

The Hawks is horrible aesthetically, the vertical bars are fine but yeh the colours aren't pleasing to the eye.

Think I agree the GC isn't great, doesn't scream football club. It's like they felt it's the 2000s now and tried to do too much or get too creative.

Just stick to a traditional football design style, those are classic designs for a reason.
You could mount an argument that GC's jumper is traditional. It has a logo front and centre, same as Carlton, (and also Brisbane/Fitzroy and West Coast). And it has stripes (sort of), which if memory serves, 1 or 2 other clubs do.

You could mount an argument that GC's jumper is traditional. It has a logo front and centre, same as Carlton, (and also Brisbane/Fitzroy and West Coast). And it has stripes (sort of), which if memory serves, 1 or 2 other clubs do.
Nah you couldn't. Come on, the fact it has a "logo" doesn't make it traditional. It's giant text, even the logo is non traditional.

I hate every aspect of the giants' branding. Charcoal and orange just don't belong together, and the big G is laughable. I voted for them.

The suns is bland and nondescript but at least the colour scheme makes sense. Their away top looks like something your six year old wears for pyjamas.

Hawthorn's top is IMO absolutely fine, gold is a great colour for a footy top and I wish Richmond's sash was more golden than fluorescent yellow. It's what they've been wearing for ages and it's a classic top.

Small but important nitpick, I hate how Collingwood and North have reverted from their mostly white tops for their home tops. Both sides wore black/dark blue on white and they look much better than the modern darker monstrosities. IMO they're the worst of the Victorian tops as they've ruined what was a great top.

Back