Deaneus

Remove this Banner Ad

I was one of the leaders of Sack Trigg BF posting but Deanus took it to another level and then become one of our leaders and one of the creators of so many clever posts.
We are all share the love of our football club and we all share the frustrations and fortunes {there was some with good memories} and we feel for the personal challenges that any may endure .
All the best mate .

Texted deaneus this morning as soon as I read the above.
All of your touching posts filled with so much respect and goodwill, and his post on Page One especially which floored me, all are saddening but uplifting too. Comforting to know how widely respected and well-liked he is.
I won't quote his reply --- he'll be posting an update soon (being driven back from Hospital as I type).

He's a good man. BF and the world need more like him. So sad.

Deaneus is probably having a good laugh - at our efforts for us all to see Kym’s video message
However most importantly for him to see
It appears to be a bit crazy
The Dudes link seemed to work now all I can see on my phone is a hello fresh advert
GrommoT all I can see is a frozen pic of Kym and he looks like a distorted LehmannView attachment 884449

Wow, this guy actually exists?

Could his appearance be a sign of further miracles?!

Hello everybody!

Okay, an update for all you people wondering if I'm alive: yes

I got through the surgery fine, though it was disconcerting after when the nurses said things like, "you made it!" and the doctor was quietly surprised i still had my legs.

I was knocked out for 5 hours and I have a big banana-shaped scar behind my left ear, Dr Stevo took a lot of biopsy materials, it was great fun for everyone. Also, catheters. Wow. The hospital was great, the food was great, would do again 5 stars.

Then we spent a few days waiting for results - it kept getting pushed back because (of course) I had to be different. The doctor straight up asked us both "Deaneus the magnificent, would you consider yourself unusual?" (i'm not making this up).

It turns out the tumor is in a weird place where normally only children get them. In the *rare* cases adults get them there, it's a case of "go home and rest and say goodbye to everyone" but mine isn't doing that either, so all the doctors are googling around the world to see if anyone's had this. Meanwhile he's ordered extra tests on the biopsies to find out what the hell is going on. Without going into it further, it all adds up to the prognosis being a lot better than before!

Meanwhile, they let me go home, so the new wife picked me up and we laughed and danced in the car on the way home, narrowly avoiding that driver who didn't believe in one-way streets, and I got home yesterday about 12. I've been resting since, and we made the NBN appointment we set for 3pm yesterday before all this started, and I had the *greatest steak sandwich* I've ever had in my life. My God that was a good sandwich.

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the medication, my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk, and otherwise I'm okay. I don't feel ill, I'm doing well.

I've tried to keep up with your messages and stuff, I will text and email and call you all, we can do visitors soon in small doses. I get tired quickly so it's a bit tough but yeah text and emails are good too. I might be able to manage calls soon, let's play it by ear.

The biggest thank yous go to my new wife for everything she did (the best part was when she held my hand to stop me being scared) and
All_In (party organisation and general support and being my best mate) and Linda (secret wedding organiser extraordinaire). I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm. Also, the drugs knocked me out cold!

Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

I'll keep you all updated
deaneus

Hello everybody!

I got through the surgery fine, though it was disconcerting after when the nurses said things like, "you made it!" and the doctor was quietly surprised i still had my legs.

I was knocked out for 5 hours and I have a big banana-shaped scar behind my left ear, Dr Stevo took a lot of biopsy materials, it was great fun for everyone. Also, catheters. Wow. The hospital was great, the food was great, would do again 5 stars.

Then we spent a few days waiting for results - it kept getting pushed back because (of course) I had to be different. The doctor straight up asked us both "Deaneus the magnificent, would you consider yourself unusual?" (i'm not making this up).

It turns out the tumor is in a weird place where normally only children get them. In the *rare* cases adults get them there, it's a case of "go home and rest and say goodbye to everyone" but mine isn't doing that either, so all the doctors are googling around the world to see if anyone's had this. Meanwhile he's ordered extra tests on the biopsies to find out what the hell is going on. Without going into it further, it all adds up to the prognosis being a lot better than before!

Meanwhile, they let me go home, so the new wife picked me up and we laughed and danced in the car on the way home, narrowly avoiding that driver who didn't believe in one-way streets, and I got home yesterday about 12. I've been resting since, and we made the NBN appointment we set for 3pm yesterday before all this started, and I had the *greatest steak sandwich* I've ever had in my life. My God that was a good sandwich.

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the medication, my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk, and otherwise I'm okay. I don't feel ill, I'm doing well.

I've tried to keep up with your messages and stuff, I will text and email and call you all, we can do visitors soon in small doses. I get tired quickly so it's a bit tough but yeah text and emails are good too. I might be able to manage calls soon, let's play it by ear.

The biggest thank yous go to my new wife for everything she did (the best part was when she held my hand to stop me being scared) and
All_In (party organisation and general support and being my best mate) and Linda (secret wedding organiser extraordinaire). I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm. Also, the drugs knocked me out cold!

Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

F***ing made my day this has. I don't know you personally mate and I am certain you have banned me a couple of times for being a dick but this is truly uplifting to read. In fact, I fully expect you to ban me for avoiding the swear filter in this very post.

Keep punching my friend.

Hello everybody!

deaneus
* YEAH!!!!

You're back pocket next weekend so get well mate as we march on our Merry way to another GF victory cos we are #DoingitforDeaneus

Hello everybody!

deaneus

Hello everybody!

deaneus

That's the best news I've heard in a while. :thumbsu:

Did the staff in the hospital get sick of you making the bed go up and down?

Hello everybody!

deaneus

Congrats! Every day that you're alive is one that you're not dead, right? :p

What hospital was this? The RAH? If so then the food must have improved, unless you're being sarcastic :p My wife had a stroke back in 2018 so she spent a bit of time in the RAH. And while all the staff and the facility itself were superb, the food was woeful. I assumed it was a deliberate ploy to prevent any potential malingering, because nobody would stay there a minute longer than absolutely necessary with the standard of food being served up :p

Hello everybody!

deaneus
I am surprised that you are surprised that you have a child's tumour

e16205e1cc5bc9037d00243be96a0b01_3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fact, I fully expect you to ban me for avoiding the swear filter in this very post.

Check my name friend. I quit the mod team so that I could concentrate on my health. You'll get no bans from me!

Did the staff in the hospital get sick of you making the bed go up and down?

New wife and I recreated the scene from "The IT Crowd" S01E01 "The Work Outing" and I would just say "I'm disabled" and zing the bed up and down, it made the same sound and wife was howling/snorting with laughter. Bloody brilliant.

Congrats! Every day that you're alive is one that you're not dead, right? :p

What hospital was this? The RAH? If so then the food must have improved, unless you're being sarcastic :p My wife had a stroke back in 2018 so she spent a bit of time in the RAH. And while all the staff and the facility itself were superb, the food was woeful. I assumed it was a deliberate ploy to prevent any potential malingering, because nobody would stay there a minute longer than absolutely necessary with the standard of food being served up :p

It was the Memorial Hospital next to the W&CH, and the staff took great pains to tell me they overhauled the menu six months prior. I ate like a KING. Here's the Mexican Buddha Bowl I got for lunch on Tuesday - don't tell me that doesn't look good

IMG_0200.jpg

Hello everybody!

deaneus

Check my name friend. I quit the mod team so that I could concentrate on my health. You'll get no bans from me!

New wife and I recreated the scene from "The IT Crowd" S01E01 "The Work Outing" and I would just say "I'm disabled" and zing the bed up and down, it made the same sound and wife was howling/snorting with laughter. Bloody brilliant.

It was the Memorial Hospital next to the W&CH, and the staff took great pains to tell me they overhauled the menu six months prior. I ate like a KING. Here's the Mexican Buddha Bowl I got for lunch on Tuesday - don't tell me that doesn't look good

View attachment 887136

God damn I'm actually jealous. I wish I could get a life threatening tumour, too :(

Hello everybody!

deaneus
I have the same scar, and I was a kid when I got mine, wonder if it's the same sort of tumor.

Either way mate, glad to hear it all went well and you can get started on the road to recovery

I have the same scar, and I was a kid when I got mine, wonder if it's the same sort of tumor.

Either way mate, glad to hear it all went well and you can get started on the road to recovery

It probably is mate, only kids are supposed to get this AFAIK

I had a heightened sense of smell due to medication last year. Never have I felt so sorry for dogs.:sick:

Anyway, it's great to have you back.:thumbsu:

View attachment 887136
It's a shame they served the wine in a plastic cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back